Human Resources Manager job at Addis Ababa University Institute for Peace and Security Studies- IPSS
Deadline of this Job: 01 October 2022JOB DETAILS:
IPSS is a premier institute for peace and security studies in Africa. Its mission is to promote peace and security in Ethiopia and Africa at large through education, research and professional development. The Institute produces skilled professionals in conflict prevention, management and resolution as well as in peacebuilding, and promotes the values of a democratic and peaceful society. The African Peace and Security Programme (APSP) is a joint collaboration between the IPSS and the African Union (AU). In an effort to effectively utilize and manage its human resources, IPSS is looking for a qualified and experienced professional to be hired as a Human Resources Manager.
Tasks and deliverables
The HR Manager will undertake the following tasks:
• In consultation with line managers, determine manpower requirements and draft TOR accordingly;
• Advertising job vacancies and involve in the entire recruitment process;
• Assist in drafting and delivery of IPSS contracts;
• Updating the IPSS HR manual work on its implementation;
• Perform skills audit regularly;
• Ensure recruitment policies, procedures and techniques are adhered to (including assessing the above and recommending improvements);
• Screening and interviewing applicants for basic compliance with position qualifications and summarizing CVs for easier evaluation;
• Work on the preparation of an organogram and continuously update it;
• Generating recruitment evaluation reports;
• Maintaining an active and organized data bank of applicants for various positions;
• Conduct periodic skills audits of the existing staff;
• Facilitate the implementation of periodic performance evaluations for all IPSS staff;
• Perform a periodic review of the salary grid and staff benefits for the required update;
• Administering payroll and maintaining employee records;
• Interpret and advise on employment law;
• Deal with grievances and implement disciplinary procedures;
• Developing with line managers HR planning strategies which consider immediate and long-term staff requirements;
• Undertake inductions and training for new staff;
• analyzing training needs in conjunction with departmental managers;
• Staff appraisal, including the facilitation of staff performance assessments;
• Staff capacity development, including the development of a yearly training schedule, monitoring compliance;
• Conduct exit interviews and make sure the proper handover of all work-related items has been done by the departing staff members;
• Perform additional tasks on administrative issues as assigned by IPSS leadership.
• A minimum of a Bachelor's degree and/or Master’s degree in Human Resources Management, Business management or administration, or a relevant field from a recognized university.
• Minimum of 6 years of relevant experience in positions of increasing responsibility in Human Resources and administration, with at least 3 years at a managerial level.
• Experience in resource management and staff development in an organization.
• Experience working in a multi-cultural work environment.
• Demonstrates Ethical Awareness and detailed knowledge of the local labour law.
• Builds and maintains partnerships, business-oriented and results-focused.
• Able to work in a fast-paced work environment.
Deadline of this Job: 30 September 2022JOB DETAILS:
Human Resources Officer
Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
For nearly 60 years, CRS has taken the lead in responding to natural and man-made disasters affecting Ethiopia's most vulnerable communities. Moving beyond emergency response, CRS' disaster mitigation and recovery projects in drought and flood-prone areas have rebuilt individual and community assets through non-food aid in the form of agriculture, livestock, health, nutrition, and water and sanitation assistance. CRS's humanitarian work in Ethiopia also provides livelihoods support to farmers and entrepreneurs, promotes gender equality, mobilizes for immunization and mitigates the impact of HIV.
As part of CRS family, you will join the more than 5000 strong and vibrant individuals working globally to accomplish the mission of CRS. CRS/Ethiopia invites you, the qualified candidate, to apply for the following position.
You will help coordinate and support the execution of the Country Program (CP) HR strategy and operational plans in support of high-quality programs serving the poor and vulnerable. You will provide responsive, high quality service to address HR programs, services and operations needs in all or some of the areas of recruitment, staff development, performance management, employee relations, compensation and benefits, onboarding/orientation, policies, staff care, and employee administration.
• Provide support to the HR Manager in his/her responsibilities with regard to the overall management of HR programs and services in the CP.
• Help coordinate and support HR processes, activities, and service delivery, to ensure they meet latest agency, donor, and local legal requirements and standards and reflect best practices.
• Assess service needs and provide quality process services and advice to support managers in their daily staff management responsibilities.
• Collect and organize input on HR processes and policies and participate in the review and update of various systems, manuals, guidelines, and tools.
• Support professional development needs assessment and help ensure the provision of precise development programs for CRS staff and partners
• Maintain record keeping through personnel files and/or HRIS that adheres to required CRS, donor, and local law regulations. As needed provide support on analytical reports on HR-related data, metrics and trends to support decision-making, workforce planning and development.
• Where requested/required, support partners in strengthening their HR systems.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
• Continuous Improvement & Innovation
• Builds Relationships
• Develops Talent
• Strategic Mindset
• Accountability & Stewardship
Typical Background, Experience & Requirements:
Education & Experience
• Completion of 1st Degree or 2nd degree in social and natural science
• 2 years for 2nd degree and 4 years for 1st degree
• Experience with and knowledge of employment laws, regulations, policies, principles, concepts, and practices. Good understanding of the local labor law.
• Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Web Conferencing Applications, HRIS.
• Supervisory experience would be a plus.
• Strong relations management abilities. Ability to relate to people at all levels internally and externally. Strategic in how you approach each relationship.
• Strong customer service ethic and abilities
• Very good planning, coordinating, and organizing skills
• Able to maintain confidential information
• Proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented and results-oriented
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Deadline of this Job: 29 September 2022JOB DETAILS:
• We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Training & Quality Coordinator to join our team and lead our team of trainers! Your role will be extremely critical as you will be responsible for scheduling trainings, controlling quality of delivery and enhancing competencies of our trainers. Reporting directly to Head of Product, you will mainly be planning and implementing training programs and workshops, setting quality standards in an efficient manner.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Manage and lead the preparation and communication of training sessions e.g collection of participants data, timely provision of information to participants prior to events.
• Preparation and maintenance of company reporting and training related admin systems e.g. record keeping on participant data.
• Plan, organize, co-ordinate and manage transport accommodation and training venue for training event activities for different level clients.
• Recruit trainers and lead, teach, onboard and evaluate new trainers
• Schedule and implement training sessions
• Facilitation and purchase of required equipments and material for training preparation to enhance the overall trainees experience.
• Translation and development of training related administrative documents, participant list attendance sheet, knowledge questionnaire and feedback evaluation templates and others.
• Post training evaluation, filing and collect participant feedback on training activities and events.
• Provide technical support to trainer team on managing content related aspects e.g. material printing or laminating of hand-outs and exercise, translation and preparation of other training resources.
• Maintain training documents which track progress and file all documents in an appropriate manner for required purpose.
• Assisting in preparing quarterly/annual reports on project progress and monitor the training and project activities on regular basis
• Communicate all the training programs on a timely basis
• Working with data platforms, databases and select technologies to capture and organize data and input findings in the curriculum
• Supervise training to ensure sessions are conducted up to company standard and quality.
• Suggest and purchase learning equipment like platforms, projectors, white boards, etc
• Conduct organization-wide training needs assessment and identify skills or knowledge gaps that need to be addressed
• Use known education principles and stay up-to-date on new training methods and techniques
• Partner with internal stakeholders and liaise with experts regarding instructional design !
• Host train-the-trainer sessions for internal subject matter experts
Qualifications and Skills
• Bachelor’s degree in Education, Human Resource Management or relevant field
• Proven 5+ years of experience as a Training Facilitator, Training Coordinator or similar role
• Excellent knowledge of Dawit Dreams and area of focus
• Ability to conduct training needs assessment procedures
• Extraordinary organizational, communications and leadership skills
• Proven ability to complete full training cycle (assess needs, plan, develop, coordinate, monitor and evaluate)
• Experience with e-learning platforms and MS Office proficiency