Deadline of this Job: 26 September 2022Job Description
The Center for Victims of Torture (CVT) is an international nonprofit organization dedicated to providing trauma rehabilitative services to survivors of gross human rights abuses, including torture, and works toward a future in which gross human rights violations cease to exist and victims have hope for a new life. We are headquartered in Minnesota, USA with offices in Africa and the Middle East. We work locally, nationally, and internationally through programs that provide trauma rehabilitative services, conduct technical assistance and capacity building to human rights activists, civil society organizations, and local service providers around the world who can prevent and treat gross human rights abuses, and advocate for human rights and an end to gross human rights violations.
This position is related to a program designed to address the mental health needs of torture and trauma survivors living in Alemwatch refugee site, Dabat, Amhara Regional State, and conflict-affected populations in surrounding areas through direct services and capacity building of refugee and national staff.
General Description of Role
The Logistics Officer based in Dabat, will report to the Zonal Manager. S/he will provide logistics support for program and administrative activities in Dabat
• Ensure compliance with Ethiopian, donor's and CVT's requirements on procurement processes and documentation.
• Prepare procurement/purchase requests, obtain necessary authorization, and receive cash/advance for the authorized procurement.
• Submit receipts and all relevant documentation to justify the spending.
• Obtain bids, or conduct market search, and procure most appropriate goods/services given the cost and quality, with necessary authorization.
• Supervise the work of service providers so as to ensure quality of work.
• Coordinate with suppliers to ensure there is adequate and continuous supply of water, electricity, internet, etc. at Dabat.
• Maintain office premises and equipment in good order, and provide repair and maintenance as needed.
• Maintain store for supplies, and issue them to appropriate staff when requested/authorized.
• Control the movement of vehicles and fuel purchase, as well as supervise drivers.
• Coordinate with the vehicle leasing company to ensure timely and efficient maintenance/repair of vehicles and availability of replacement vehicles during the time regular vehicles are under maintenance.
• Make travel arrangements for staff and guests in Dabat.
• Supervise Logistics Assistant.
• Minimum 5 years of experience working in a similar setting for INGOs required.
• Combination of relevant educational background and experiences may be considered.
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Office software required.
• Fluency in English and Amharic required..
• Must be an excellent team player.
• Must have excellent communication, organizational, creative, supervision, and problem-solving skills.
• Must be a self-starter, flexible, adaptable, approachable, and ethical.
• Knowledge of vehicle, generator, and office equipment maintenance; IT; fleet management; building construction; security management; and other related matters strongly preferred.
Deadline of this Job: 24 September 2022Job Description
OK Bottling and Beverage Share Company is involved in the production of Bottled Natural Spring Water that highly satisfies its customers as well as end users in supplying clean spring water and in discharging its social responsibility for the society. The Company’s manufacturing Plant is located in South Nations and Nationalities Region Guraghe Zone Eza Woreda nearby Wolkite University 198 KMS away from Addis Ababa. The Company currently is looking to hire dynamic, energetic and hardworking potential employee in the following positions as per specified job requirements.
The overall responsibilities of Fleet Officer, first and foremost, has assumed overall responsibility is to strengthen the efficiency and effectiveness of facilitating the logistics and Fleet Management operations relating to the procured items required for the company’s operations and transportation of raw materials, finished goods and maintenance.
Accordingly, the job hold is expected to perform the following major duties and responsibilities.
• Fleet Officer is responsible for the effective management and coordination of a fleet of drivers and vehicles and the proper implementation of GPS.
• Prepare daily work, runs schedules, draws weekly projections for work schedule and truck deployment in line with pending or potential job or delivery orders.
• Ensure and directly supervises the process for the release of fuel rations required for the successful execution of each delivery job.
• Monitor personnel and/or equipment locations and utilization in order to coordinate service and schedules.
• Follow-up arrangements for necessary repairs in order to restore service and operation schedules.
• Monitor driver daily logs for errors or violations.
• Oversee all communications within specifically assigned territories.
• Record and maintain files of work or services performed and other dispatch information.
• He should keep logs regarding the total distance which is traveled by the vehicles.
• Manage the company's fleet and coordinate drivers, ensure that all teams have full complement of drivers at all times
• He ought to allot, monitor and oversee all the responsibilities allotted to drivers, mechanics and cleaners.
• He might be required to work in accordance with the implementation team and be responsible to implement and deliver the logistics solutions
• He would be responsible for safe parking of the vehicles.
• He may need to oversee whether all insurances and licenses of the vehicles are renewed on time. Responsible for the activities associated with the logistics of products from suppliers into the network.
• Optimize logistics planning in the most efficient way for customer and stakeholders
• Maintain proper and accurate Pre-Shipment and Post-shipment Administration
• Track and Trace
• Proof of Delivery
• Over, short, and damaged shipment issues
• Evaluates, records, and responds to additional/special service requests (i.e. lift-gate, inside delivery, etc.)
• Work with transportation providers and freight payment team to ensure proper accessorial cost and flows
• Handle damage and loss claims
• Ensure correct estimates in logistics planning system
• Meet on time delivery (OTD) requirements and follow on discrepancies with suppliers and Customer Service
• Stakeholder management; adequately and proactively inform Customer Service departments, Global Service Centers and suppliers.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
• BA/Diploma in Auto Mechanic/General Mechanic/Supplies management, Transportation Management, Accounting or related field of study
• Minimum of 2 years’ work experience in Fleet Management. Preferably in beverage and bottled Sector.
• Ability to provide leadership, communicates effectively, and promotes a team approach.
• Ability to record fuel data’s and reconciles the amount with Gps report.
• Able to communicate efficiently both verbally and in written form.