Deadline of this Job: 18 November 2022
The position holder, under the supervision of the Project Manager, will be responsible to lead the platforms initiative which includes Global Platforms innovative trainings and capacity development for young people to lead social, political and economic change around the world. Located in the regions where we can make a significant impact, ActionAid Global Platforms convenes a global network of locally managed, vibrant youth hubs offering a physical space for youth to meet, discuss and act together – a place where young people can exchange ideas with other peers in their efforts to create social change.
We have a global pool of international, highly skilled young trainers, and through our Activista global youth movement we engage with thousands of youth volunteers aspiring to create social change in more than 25 countries. Currently we have Global Platforms in Denmark, El Salvador, Bangladesh, Kenya, Ghana, Zambia, Myanmar, Jordan, Palestine and Ethiopia.
• Develop annual and quarterly work plans, budgets for the GP; update the project description
and activity plans and coordinate with the youth program and implement in coordination with
the DANIDA funded youth program.
• Closely work with AAE Young People programs and projects of AAE, and coordination with
different Capacity Units adoption to AAE.
• Closely work with AAE young peoples’ program focal and project managers like SPAII to ensure
GP activities implementation.
• Overall guidance and support to ensuring training quality, effectiveness and contextualizing to
Ethiopia (and the region) ensure trainings, toolkits and manuals are of a professional standard
and can be utilized effectively. Ensure youth-hub, trainings and wider capacity development is
planned, organized and delivered.
• Maintain and report on the monitoring, evaluation and learning of the project, to ensure
detailed and strategic reports for AAE annual reports, AADK DANIDA funded program reports
and other donors as requested
• Facilitate the steering committee meetings providing detailed reports to inform decision making
and strategy development
• Develop project concept notes and proposals in consultation with Program and Fundraising
• Overall responsibility for the financial management, includes development of annual budgets,
monthly accounting and quarterly reporting in line with AA processes and guidelines and
reporting to AAE & AADK
• Ensure compliance with AAE’s and the Government’s compliance requirements
• Ensure funding from AADK arrives quarterly. Manage finance to track all income coming into the
project and ensure it reflects in our account.
• Develop realistic budgets and monitor income and expenditure of the GP in consultation with
relevant program and finance teams
• BA degree or Master’s degree in social sciences, international relations, development studies, or a related field;
• At least 4 years of experience (BA) and 2 years (MA) in the field of programme/Project management, development cooperation, youth programmes & campaigns preferably with national, international, multilateral or public organization
• Past experience in resource mobilization and networking is essential.
Senior Advisor for Strategic Liaison, Fundraising and Quality job at The Nature and Biodiversity Conservation Union (NABU)
Deadline of this Job: 20 November 2022
• The Senior Advisor for Strategic Liaison, Fundraising and Quality will be responsible for fundraising and donor connection for Africa as well as quality monitoring and capacity development in close working relation with NABU Headquarters and the Head of the Regional Africa Office.