Contract management and planning and monitoring evaluation feedback specialist job at Flower Construction Plc
Deadline of this Job: 17 November 2022
• የትምህርት ደረጃ: በማኔጅመንት ወይም በኢኮኖሚክስ ዲግሪ እና ተዛማች የትምህርት መስክ ዲግሪ ያለው/ያላት MBA ያለው ቢሆን ይመረጣል
• የሥራ ልምድ:3 ዓመትና ከዛ በላይ ከዚህ ውስጥ 2 ዓመቱን በኮንስትራክሽን ቢሮ ውስጥ የሰራ/የሰራች
Deadline of this Job: 20 November 2022
Vacancy Announcement #179/2022
The Qualifications and Employment Perspectives for Refugees and Host Communities in Ethiopia Programme (QEP)
Deadline of this Job: 14 November 2022
Scope of the work and key tasks and responsibilities of the consultant
• Review pertinent documents such as the project proposal, annual reports, baseline survey and other relevant documents to come up with information needs to be addressed through the evaluation,
• Carry on Desk review of the Project Monitoring Data, conduct case studies at IDP sites in the project woredas
• Conduct household surveys to collect quantitative data using representative sample sizes (note-the sample size is determined as 340 selected project beneficiaries proportionally distributed in the three project woredas)
• Assess if the objectives of the program were met making sure that the information collected are in line with the project objectives/outcome level indicators set in the project document
• Assess the perception of the stakeholders about the achievements of the project
• Determine the sustainability of the project results
• Identify challenges and the way forward in discussion with stakeholders
• Choose ideal software for data entry and create a data entry template for the questionnaire, with which to collect quantitative data for this evaluation.
• Recruit and train field supervisors and data collectors
• With the objective of acquainting the data collection tool with the field staff, conduct pretest of the questionnaire to incorporate comments coming up from the process
• Lead the field data collection while ensuring data quality
• Enter the data into the computer system and clean and analyze the data using statistical software and interpret and write the evaluation report.
• Critically analyze core findings of quantitative survey, compare, contrast and explain in combination with the final quantitative survey result
• Make use of appropriate statistical tests such as Pearson chi-squared test to test for differences between baseline and endline values based on the type of data being analyzed
• Present preliminary findings to FHE senior leadership and local staff to get input on findings and recommendations.
• Conduct a validation workshop with project stakeholders to verify initial findings and test feasibility of potential recommendations
• Finalize and submit the draft evaluation report which will include the final results of the analysis
• Incorporate feedback from FHE and other stakeholders. The consultant will prepare and submit the final evaluation report.
• Keep FHE informed for major evaluation process on a regular basis
Qualifications and Skills: Criteria for Selection of Consultants
• The consultant should have rich research experience and strong technical expertise in designing and evaluating WASH and Emergency Shelter assessments via using a range of data collection tools including online data collection platforms. The final evaluation process is a dynamic process that calls for demonstrated ability to cater to the needs and achieve expected results by potential consultants. It requires strong pragmatic experience in the field realizing the ever-increasing quality demanded from such service providers. FHE would like to invite consultants with the following minimum qualifications to take part:
• Eligible lead consultant should comprise of professional/s in the area of WASH, Statistics, and gender studies or other relevant social science fields of study with proven work experience;
• A minimum of Post Graduate degree (MSc. / MA.) is required;
• 5 or more years of experience in the consulting industry/ in conducting external evaluations related to WASH and Shelter assessments especially in emergency project evaluation);
• Multi-disciplinary team displaying strong statistical background in quantitative and qualitative data collection, analysis, interpretation and reporting;
• Proven experience in developing and analyzing case studies and most significant change stories
• Proven capacity to apply and integrate gender elements;
• Knowledge of community development principles and results-based frameworks;
• Understanding of the culture of Beni-Shangul Gumuz Region in Ethiopia is desirable;
• Interpersonal skills and sensitivity while conducting research;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• The willingness to travel to the selected woredas in Metekel zone
• Be licensed and can provide legal requirements (license and TIN number).
• Should submit at least three certificates for successful completion of previous assignments of similar nature which has to be provided in writing along with his/her resume (the evidence should include the areas/organizations of experience, year, legal letters of recommendations or other valuable evidence)
• Good understanding of development issues in the country
• Strong analytical and assessment skills and experience
• Be an Ethiopian with extensive experience in projects and program evaluation and mixed methods analysis is an added advantage
• Has a proven track record in working with INGOs and government agencies with similar tasks?
• Experience in conducting qualitative and quantitative research
• Proposals will be evaluated according to the criteria in this ToR and therefore the Technical Proposal should include the following information:
• Clearly defined evaluation methodology including data collection, analysis, interpretation, reporting, work plan and structure of the evaluation team
• A discussion of work done for similar clients, with a list of recent references
• Attach curriculum vitae of each individual/professional team member to be assigned for the work and of the senior officer who will be responsible for supervising the team
• Valuable evidence that clearly shows the experience of the firm/ team members regarding the subject matter
• Submit a detailed financial proposal in a separate envelope describing the details of costs that are expected for the execution of the final evaluation works; excluding the transportation costs, which will be covered in full by FHE.
• Selection of the consulting firm will be done as per FHE’s procurement guidelines and the winner will be selected through the existing procedures via a committee of staff from various departments of FHE.