Deadline of this Job: 20 November 2022
Vacancy Announcement #179/2022
The Qualifications and Employment Perspectives for Refugees and Host Communities in Ethiopia Programme (QEP)
Contract duration: 31.12.2023
Application deadline: 20.11.2022
Duty station: Addis Ababa
• The Qualifications and Employment Perspectives for Refugees and Host Communities in Ethiopia Programme (QEP) implemented by the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH has been initiated against the background of integrating refugees into vocational training. Ethiopia is currently hosting more than 800,000 refugees. Thus, QEP supports the Ethiopian government in four regions of the country to expand labour-market relevant training provisions for refugees and Ethiopians. The project establishes linkages between the TVET sector and the private sector to support the integration of TVET graduates, Ethiopians and refugees, into the labour market.
• As a Contract officer for GIZ in the Skills Development Cluster, you will find yourself in a dynamic working-structure within a skilled team.
Deadline of this Job: 14 November 2022
Scope of the work and key tasks and responsibilities of the consultant
• Review pertinent documents such as the project proposal, annual reports, baseline survey and other relevant documents to come up with information needs to be addressed through the evaluation,
• Carry on Desk review of the Project Monitoring Data, conduct case studies at IDP sites in the project woredas
• Conduct household surveys to collect quantitative data using representative sample sizes (note-the sample size is determined as 340 selected project beneficiaries proportionally distributed in the three project woredas)
• Assess if the objectives of the program were met making sure that the information collected are in line with the project objectives/outcome level indicators set in the project document
• Assess the perception of the stakeholders about the achievements of the project
• Determine the sustainability of the project results
• Identify challenges and the way forward in discussion with stakeholders
• Choose ideal software for data entry and create a data entry template for the questionnaire, with which to collect quantitative data for this evaluation.
• Recruit and train field supervisors and data collectors
• With the objective of acquainting the data collection tool with the field staff, conduct pretest of the questionnaire to incorporate comments coming up from the process
• Lead the field data collection while ensuring data quality
• Enter the data into the computer system and clean and analyze the data using statistical software and interpret and write the evaluation report.
• Critically analyze core findings of quantitative survey, compare, contrast and explain in combination with the final quantitative survey result
• Make use of appropriate statistical tests such as Pearson chi-squared test to test for differences between baseline and endline values based on the type of data being analyzed
• Present preliminary findings to FHE senior leadership and local staff to get input on findings and recommendations.
• Conduct a validation workshop with project stakeholders to verify initial findings and test feasibility of potential recommendations
• Finalize and submit the draft evaluation report which will include the final results of the analysis
• Incorporate feedback from FHE and other stakeholders. The consultant will prepare and submit the final evaluation report.
• Keep FHE informed for major evaluation process on a regular basis