• ተፈላጊ የትም/ ደረጃና በሙያው አግባብ ያለው የስራ ልምድ : በቴክኒክ ሞያ በማርኬቲንግ የደረጃ II የብቃት ማረጋገጫ ያለው እና በገበያ ነክ ስራዎችና የ2 ዓመት የስራ ልምድ ያለው
የስራ ቦታ: አዲስ አበባ
General Position Summary
The Market Systems Development (MSD) officer is responsible to facilitate interventions and activities under RiPA and the $10 million Crisis Modifier response objectives that pertains to Diversified economic Opportunities Component. She/he will be directly engaged with a wide range of actors and stakeholders including government, private sector actors and program participants with a focus on women and youth. He/she will be a key member of Market Systems Development unit.
Essential Job Responsibilities
• Provided technical facilitation support in the area of responsibilities for MSD activities to ensure the planned activists are implemented timely and with required deliverable quality;
• Facilitate and coordinates markets systems assessment, organizing validation workshops and stakeholder platforms/events in in collaboration with MSD specialists and Coordinators across the cluster.
• Facilitate capacity building efforts for market actors (i.e. private, public) on the MSD approaches, identification of the market system opportunities/constraints through conducting continues system analysis, develop approaches/modalities to support the establishment and/or expansion of the high potential Micro, small and medium scale private business enterprises in markets areas focused on last mile service delivery, solar energy products, financial services, non-agricultural/off farm activities and other related under RiPA component areas;
• Facilities the development of short-term strategies and its implementation linkages creation between market actors (i.e. training providers, technology providers, inputs suppliers, producers, traders, processors, cooperatives, financial service providers like Banks, MFIs, and Village level Saving and Loan association) to improve outreaches in the target community;
• Facilitates the implementation of the impactful activities by market actors to create job opportunities for youth and women in the RiPA target areas.
• Engage in regular field visits to assess the activities implementation progress, give technical advises/mentor and provide feedback(s) for further improvement;
• Closely work with supervisor and M&E team during the development of monitoring tools/measuring indicators, milestones development, and monitoring/ reporting of output and outcome in his/her area assigned.
• Ensures the program properly captures, documented and updated relevant information in Diversified Economic Opportunity components of RiPA;
• In collaboration with cluster MSD team, work to build and maintain close relationships with key government partners and local implementers;
• Represent Mercy Corps professionally in cluster areas as to bring credit and to maintain its humanitarian and development mission;
• Compile and submit regular updates/reports (weekly, monthly and quarterly); and
• Other duties as assigned
Strategy & Vision
• Recognize opportunities for innovative action and create an environment where alternative viewpoints are welcomed.
• Set direction by prioritizing and organizing actions & resources to achieve objectives and contribute to countrywide strategy development.
• Ensure that program implementation is responsive to communities and partners and consistent with Mercy Corps’ relevant program guidelines, principles, values, quality standards and strategic plan.
• Ensure that beneficiaries are effectively targeted according to established vulnerability criteria.
• Develop partners’ MoUs and contracts & oversee a training program for program partners.
• Develop program implementation strategies, including partnership frameworks, beneficiary targeting and distribution process as well as WASH, psychosocial and capacity building of partners.
• Integrate community approaches, gender sensitivity and capacity building into all activities as appropriate.
• Ensure program implementation is on time, target and budget, using effective M&E systems to reach desired impacts.
• Create and maintain systems ensuring effective and transparent use of financial resources for timely and informative reporting in line with donor and Mercy Corps policies and procedures.
• Fulfill Mercy Corps’ Program Management Minimum Standards based on the organization-wide guide.
• Ensure all interventions adhere to Mercy Corps’ Gender Policy, Do No Harm principles, and beneficiary accountability standards.
Finance & Compliance Management
• Ensure compliance with donor and Mercy Corps regulations related to emergency programming.
• Draft and/or review scope of work to hire and manage any technical consultants, including review for technical efficacy and contract budget.Influence & Representation
• Identify, build and manage collaborative partnerships with consortium partners, sub-grantees, donors, local governments and other stakeholders.
• Communicate effectively to ensure overall project targets and donor obligations are met.
Knowledge and Experience
• Minimum of bachelor’s degree in the areas (MSc preferred): Economics, Agricultural Economics, Rural Development, Agribusiness, Marketing and other related subjects;
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience in private sector and/or NGOs working focused on MSD (program coordination, facilitation, providing technical supports), agribusiness and/or financial services.
• Good understanding on the Markets4Poor approach and Markets development facilitation including coaching, relationship building, communicating, entrepreneurialism/business understanding and innovating.
• Experiences in supporting Women and youth owned enterprises in pastoral/ agro-pastoral settings, providing business development services financial service providers, industries (public and private), institutions and stakeholders.
• Knowledge of participatory analyses, action and results processing.
• Experience/exposures to the location/region he/she applied for.
• Knowledge of Sphere standards and other training in humanitarian response preferred.
• Heal Africa Health City S.C an emerging conglomerate share company established by honored professionals from various fields, mainly medical and health specialists and sub-specialists who have higher experience in the field of medical services. Heal Africa Health City is looking for dedicated teams of experts to ensure the efficient transition of our newly acquired healthcare facility.
• A Business Development officer is a professional who is responsible for the growth of new market opportunities of the company, and new potential clients as directed by the Project Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop a growth strategy focused both on financial gain and customer satisfaction
• Conduct research to identify new markets and customer needs
• Arrange business meetings/events with prospective clients
• Promote the company’s products/services addressing or predicting clients’ objectives
• Keep records of sales, revenue, invoices etc.
• Provide trustworthy feedback and after-sales support.
• Build long-term relationships with new and existing customers
• Develop entry level staff into valuable salespeople
Requirements and skills:
• BSc/BA in Marketing Management, business administration, sales or relevant field
• Proven working experience as a business development officer, sales officer or a relevant role
• Proven sales track record and Market knowledge
• Experience in customer support is a plus
• Proficiency in MS Office and CRM software (e.g. Salesforce
• Proficiency in English
• Communication and negotiation skills