Deadline of this Job: 04 November 2022
Objective of the Work
• By partnering with the private sector, the Ministry of Health (MOH)-Ethiopia aims to achieve the following objectives:
• Reduce cost of services resultant from economies of scale by centralizing delivery of diagnostic (laboratory, pathology and imaging) services.
• Minimize service interruptions by creating parallel or backup systems.
• Leverage private sector financing, thereby reducing dependency on government spending
• Reduce Out of Pocket (OOP) spending due to referral to private facilities and limit catastrophic health expenditure.
• Leverage technical expertise of the private sector and bring in needed skills for quality care of diagnostic (laboratory, pathology and imaging) services.
• Contribute to goal of providing universal health coverage to citizens.
• Duties and Responsibilities
• Under the supervision of PPP program manager and in coordination with , the legal consultant will be providing assistance to the PPP-DG/MOF, on the following:
• Legal Consultants Expected Outputs and Deliverables
• Review a legal due diligence report applicable to IDSC Project and identify key legal issues that need to be addressed from the Project perspective.
• Review draft tender documents, including RFP, and ensure compliance with Ethiopian law.
• Review the draft project documents, including the PPP Agreement and other ancillary agreements and ensure compliance with relevant Ethiopian laws.
• Support the PPP-DG providing responses to bidders on all questions and requests for clarification, participating and address questions in consultation with bidders.
• Identify and advice on legal and regulatory issues that may affect the procurement and overall implementation of the IDSC Project
• Advise on legal issues associated with the bidding process and legal issues that may arise in evaluation of qualified bidders, selection of the winning bidder and Commercial close.
• Support PPP-DG & MoH in negotiations (if any) with the winning bidder(s) and in the finalization and execution of the Project documents.
• Support CHAI on any other duties and responsibilities specifically related to legal requirements of IDSC project, assigned by his/her immediate supervisor.
• Institutional Arrangement/Reporting Relationships: The consultant shall work closely with CHAI, African Health Diagnostic Project team member and the project manager.
• Logistics and Institutional Support: CHAI will arrange (if required an office space, shared room chair, table, access to internet at office) to the consultant.
• Duration of the Work : The duration of the work is six months (180 days) beginning 1st November 2022 and may be extended as needed.
• Prepare and submit an exit report of the consulting services rendered under this assignment to CHAI-
Skills and Attributes
• Advanced knowledge of Ethiopian public, investment, business and commercial law, prior experience in conducting legal due diligence for Public Private Partnership projects;
• Direct work experience on ‘Transaction Advisory’ role for PPP projects and familiarity with private sector engagement in PPP projects;
• Having experience of drafting or reviewing PPP agreements.
• Strong professional link with global legal consultants experienced in PPP transactions;
• Detailed-oriented ability to work at a fast pace and meet deadlines;
• Strong writing skills with ability to synthesise and articulate information;
• Demonstrated ability to set priorities and work both independently and collaboratively;
• Ability to function and communicate professionally and effectively;
• Language: The consultant must have an excellent knowledge of English, including ability to set out a coherent argument in presentations and interactions. Capacity to communicate fluently with different stakeholders (civil society, government authorities, local communities, project staff)
• Practical experience in complaint management, strategic planned of procurement for public organizations.
• Extensive experience in Ethiopian data set and the Ethiopian context; Experience in formulating development strategies and policies.
• Computer skills; full command of Microsoft applications (Microsoft word, excel and power-point) and common internet applications will be required.
Deadline of this Job: 29 October 2022JOB DETAILS:
• The Attorney will be responsible to give legal advice to the bank’s concerned organs. Participates in designing negotiation strategies. Assists the Loan Recovery in the negotiation process by providing legal opinion and other professional advice. Comments on the resolution proposal of the loan recovery task. Designs and prepares loan, pledge/mortgage and other contracts.
• Educational Level and work Experience: Minimum LLB with 3 years’ of related work experience.
Deadline of this Job: 31 October 2022JOB DETAILS:
• Education : LL.B in Law
• Experience :Not required but those who have experience are encouraged to apply
• Knowledge of insurance business
• Knowledge of commercial codes
• Knowledge of court proceedings
• Knowledge of the techniques of litigation
• Ability to litigate minor cases
• Ability to draw up simple legal documents
• Place of assignment :Head Office, Addis Ababa