Deadline of this Job: 25 October 2022JOB DETAILS:
Provider of construction services. The company provides construction in two markets, the market for traditional construction, wood and the market for industrialized and modular construction.
BA degree in HRM or Public Administration or related fields with 8 years experience
Language: ability of Afan Oromo is Mandatory
Deadline of this Job: 24 October 2022JOB DETAILS:
Purpose of the Position
To work with the Head of HR by providing strategic business partnering solutions that addresses and drives the people strategy for MCE. Collaborate with the business unit executives, HR Centers of Expertise, and HR Shared Services to help implement HR policies and programs.
Key Performance Objectives
• Partner with Functional/ departmental leadership teams in driving HR agenda across all elements of Employee Life Cycle
• Execute the people strategy as set by Director of HR on the following: Business Transformation, High Performance, Talent Management, Employee Engagement and Culture.
• Implement HR processes as defined by the Centers of Excellence (e.g., performance management, annual compensation, training initiatives, etc.)
• Work with the business unit, Centers of Excellence, and HR Shared Services to help implement HR policies and programs.
• Assess the current state of the business unit, proactively identify issues, and collaborate with other HR Offices to develop programs and solutions.
• Understand the business unit’s operating environment and apply awareness of the business unit’s operational goals and objectives when implementing HR programs and addressing escalated HR issues.
• Manages BU-specific HR and talent projects; keeps leaders and TM/TA apprised of progress, risks, etc.
• Proactively identify, analyze, and assess any BU strategies/initiatives, etc. that may pose a risk to the organization and influence the plans needed to address the risks.
• Support delivery of diversity and inclusion HR programs or initiatives.
• Establish good working relationships and collaborative arrangements with different Business Unit Line of business in order to help achieve the goals of the organization.
• Communicate with stakeholders to keep them informed of the work of the Human Resources function and to identify changes in the Business Units.
• Develop and maintain effective working relationships with business unit managers and employees and work closely with them to implement solutions to meet their current and future business need
• Serve as employee advocate when involved in the design and/or implementation of HR programs
• Facilitate effective succession planning process and ongoing development conversations, partnering with executives to identify and proactively develop the next generation of leaders.
• Coach and advise line managers on organizational effectiveness and general HR issues, and provide basic Employee Relations guidance prior to escalating cases to appropriate parties.
• Monitor the performance management cycle throughout the year, promote manager and employee participation in performance management activities, and engage them to meet performance management deadlines and schedules.
• Resolve HR operations issues/problems for business unit and liaise with Centers of Excellence / HR Shared Services for information as necessary.
• Liaison between the business and Learning experts to identify talent business needs (learning, etc.
• Act as an employee champion and change agent, delivering effective talent management solutions that maximizes employee engagement.
The incumbent is required to have the following qualifications and experience level:
• A relevant Degree from a recognized university coupled with relevant experience. A qualification in Human Resources, Industrial Psychology or equivalent will be an added advantage
• A minimum of 8 years of HR generalist experience
• Employee/industrial relations
• Knowledge and application of Employment Law.
• Recruitment process knowledge, understanding and experience
• Effective Communication (Written and Verbal)
• Solid HR administration experience
• Multiple stakeholder project facilitation
• Implementation of relevant Centers of Excellence’ solutions to address key business challenges
• Broad and comprehensive understanding of Human Resources concepts and principles
• Knowledge and experience of the business and its intricacies
• Organizational Development and Design
• Talent Management and Succession Planning
• Regulatory Governance and Compliance (Labor; Employee Relations and Transformation)
• Organizational Culture Enhancement
• Business Partnering/Consulting
• Relationship Building
• Conflict Resolution
• Decision Making
• Critical Appraisal
• Holistic Thinking
• Persuading & Influence
• Strategic Thinking
Deadline of this Job: 26 October 2022JOB DETAILS:
• Education: BA Degree in Management, Business Admin.HR, Public Admin. Or Personnel
• Work Experience:Minimum 8/10 years relevant experience preferably in construction companies
Duty station: Project (Addis Ababa)
Deadline of this Job: 25 October 2022JOB DETAILS:
• The Senior HR Information Management Officer is responsible for the Human Resources record management system. The role holder performs technical records management duties; develops records management systems, policies, and procedures to ensure effective maintenance, retention, permanent storage and disposal of records in consultation with management.
Academic & Professional Qualification
• Bachelor Degree in Human Resource, Business Administration Management or related discipline from a reputable university.
• Professional qualification(s) in Human Resources is an added advantage.
• At least five (5) years’ relevant, post-qualification experience in a similar role.
• Interpersonal and cross-cultural skills, including ability to build collaborative relationships with sensitivity to diversity/inclusion.
• Creativity and innovation skills.
• Action oriented.
• Quality focus and attention to detail.
• Professionalism and integrity in line with Dashen Bank values.
• Good oral and written communication skills.
• Critical and analytical thinking and problem solving skills.
• Personal motivation and drive exhibited through commitment to hard work, continuous improvement and achievement of goals.
• Good customer relationship management skills (internal and external customers).
• Risk awareness and focus - demonstrates understanding of risk management practices, standards and regulatory requirements.
Required Technical Competency
• Knowledge and understanding of Ethiopian employment and labour relations law.
• Methods and techniques of records management system including indexing, filing, preservation, and storage of records.
• Knowledge of legal regulations concerning filing and retention of employee records.
• Ability to formulate departmental clerical policy, procedures, and forms.
• Experience in creating and running reports as needed from HRIS to provide a variety of statistical information
Deadline of this Job: 26 October 2022JOB DETAILS:
Summary Scope of Work:
Under the leadership of regional manager (Amhara) and Senior HRM and LMG advisor (Afar), the HRH Management Advisor will be responsible to provide technical support for the implementation of post conflict recovery interventions at regional, zonal, district and facility levels. S/he will provide technical support to the Human Resources Development staff at all levels to strengthen the capacity for human resource planning and budgeting; recruitment, deployment, and retention; training and professional development; performance planning and management, and implementation of HR policy and procedures for effective human resource management (HRM). S/he will also facilitate rapid capacity assessment and planning for emergency and humanitarian crises, facilitate training and implementation of an emergency response system, and foster opportunities to collaborate, learn and adapt (CLA) through a range of approaches, including hub-and-spoke networking in HRH emergency management to relevant staff so they can become effective HR managers in the face of emergencies. S/he plays important role in planning, implementation and monitoring of project activities and ensures that project expenditures are aligned with approved budgets, and activities are implemented in line with compliance requirements.
All staff members of Jhpiego, regardless of the level of their responsibilities are expected to:
• model the mission stated above
• participate in the business development process
• contribute to the knowledge sharing and transfer process
• make responsible decisions that result in time and cost containment and clear accountability
• Represent Jhpiego at external meetings, demonstrating a thorough understanding of the organization’s technical approaches and capacities, as well as articulating the goals, objectives, activities and current status of the program s/he supports.
Program planning and management
• Support the development of project work plans and activity matrices.
• Support the development of project activity budgets in collaboration with technical, finance and M&E teams;
• Support development of locally-adapted approaches for and build capacity on health workforce planning and forecasting of HR needs, especially during emergencies or humanitarian crises
• Support the leadership, management and governance efforts to strengthen post conflict recovery, rebuilding and restoration interventions
• Liaise with existing implementing partners and coordinating bodies on the ground to support HRH activities
• Facilitate periodic assessment for emergency preparedness, planning and response at RHBs, zones, woredas and health facilities
• Coordinate regular review of HWF availability at conflict affected zones, woredas and targeted health facilities
• Facilitate training need assessment of healthcare leaders, managers and among the general HWF in the areas of leading in emergencies and HRM
• Coordinate and implement need-based HRM capacity building interventions including trainings, workshops, coaching and mentoring visit and joint supportive supervision visits
• Coordinate post emergency response and recovery management through advocacy and conducting post action reviews and audits in collaboration with RHBs, zonal and district health offices as well as facilities
• Coordinate documentation, analysis and dissemination of proven practices, success stories and technical briefs in the area of HRM/LMG in emergency and public health emergency response management
• Support Regional HR Management Advisors in the institutionalization of policies and procedures related to emergency management
• Design and co-facilitate relevant virtual training courses related to emergency response in the health sector
• Attend regional TWG and incident management meetings and integrate project interventions with regional priorities
• Coordinate with HWIP team and track cost share documentation
• Any other task requested by the supervisor, Chief of Party, Technical Director Senior Program Officer. This could include preparation of ad-hoc reports to be submitted to donors or the FMOH or other stakeholders.
• Provide support in development of program reports, including collecting required report inputs, drafting or editing reports, and developing additional documentation required such as success stories, etc.
• Working closely with regional manager/team leader/SPO and ensure that all project documents, reports, technical resources, training packages, etc are branded and systematically filed and made easily accessible to all staff. Also assist to post relevant documents on the Jhpiego website.
• Collaborate with SPO and communication consultant in developing project related communication materials.
Monitoring and Evaluation
• Lead tracking of activities and progress, including performance of the health workers which will be deployed temporarily, and provide regular update to the RHB and HWIP in collaboration with MEL team
• Track project spending against budgets and make recommendations for adjustments as needed.
• Conduct regular monitoring visit to targeted zones, woredas and health facilities and report on progress of service delivery
• Provide technical oversight and leadership support to the health workers that will be temporarily deployed
• Support the distribution and proper utilization of commodities to be donated to restore essential health services in conflict affected areas
Communication and Business Development
• Develop and maintain excellent relationships with colleagues in regional health bureaus, zonal and woreda health offices, health facilities and other partner organizations and stakeholders.
• The ideal candidate should have advanced or postgraduate degree in human resource management or public health, or a related discipline.
• Seven years of progressive experience in designing and implementing HRM and health systems capacity development programs and interventions, including response to emergencies and humanitarian crises. In addition, s/he should have demonstrable experience providing technical assistance to the Ethiopian health sector including the Federal Ministry of Health, Regional Health Bureaus or comparable breadth in private sector
• Demonstrated competence in assessing priorities and in managing a variety of activities in a time-sensitive environment, and in meeting deadlines with attention to detail and quality. S/he should be a strategic thinker with motivational, managerial, coordination, and strong organizational skills with ability to work as a member of a team, and to contribute to developing a new project in a dynamic environment with initiative and a results orientation.
• Proven programmatic, technical, and interpersonal skills to collaborate effectively with professional colleagues in a broad range of local public institutions and NGOs. Understanding of USAID administrative procedures and requirements will be an added advantage.
• Computer proficiency in MS Applications including Excel, MS Word and Power point.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
• Proven ability of working as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
• Fluency in English.
• Ability to interact skillfully and diplomatically with stakeholders.
• Willingness and ability to travel outside duty station for at least 50% of the time
• Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform.
• Comfortable with a team approach to programming and ability to manage several major activities simultaneously.
• Ability to work proactively, organize and manage own work and assist others to do the same.