Deadline of this Job: 26 October 2022JOB DETAILS:
• Education: B.sc/Diploma in Nursing
• Work Experience: 1/3years & Above respectively
Duty station: Project (Addis Ababa)
Deadline of this Job: 26 October 2022JOB DETAILS:
General Duty and Responsibility
• Independently plan and provide professional nursing care for patients in accordance with physician orders and established policies and procedures.
• Provide nursing and counseling services to patients and families in accordance with the Kadisco General Hospital policy.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
• Plan, provide, supervise and document professional nursing care utilizing the nursing process for patients in accordance with physician orders and established policies and procedures.
• Use professional nursing judgment to individualize the plan of care based on assessment of the patient's baseline needs and response to care.
• Delegate tasks and supervise the activities of other staff as need.
• Ability to assess nursing needs of acute and chronically ill patients and their families.
• Be able to independently seek out resources and work collaboratively.
• Be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
• Be able to communicate clearly with patients, families, visitors, healthcare team, physicians, administrators, leadership and other.
• Be able to teach patients and families in accordance with the nursing plan of care.
• Be able to use sensory and cognitive functions to process and prioritize information, treatment, and follow-up.
• Be able to use fine motor skills Competent in BLS and/or other specialized life support requirements designated by work area.
• Able to record activities, document assessments, plan of care, interventions, evaluation and re-evaluation of patient status.
• Be able to navigate the entity to provide clinical care for patient.
• Able to remain focused and organized Working knowledge of procedures and techniques involved in administering routine and special treatments to patients.
• Working knowledge of infection control procedures and safety precautions.
• Assist other nursing personnel in the delivery of nursing care and act as team leader or charge nurse for a group of patients or an entire unit as assigned.
• Monitor and initiate corrective action to maintain the environment of care including equipment and material resources.
• Participate in own professional development by maintaining required competencies, identifying learning needs and seeking appropriate assistance or educational offerings.
• Participate in the formal evaluation process of peers and other care providers.
• Participate in training/research when conducted in the hospital.
• Maintain client confidentiality.
• Avail and control drugs, and medical equipment’s and other consumables (from pharmacy store) necessary for a given section for a specific period.
• Make sure that critical patients, drugs, medical equipment’s and other relevant things are handed over to the in-coming nurse on your departure from duty.
• prepare the necessary surgical equipment’s prior to any procedures based on the theater schedule
• Maintain aseptic techniques and make sure that surgical sets are sterile and dry before use.
• Clean, count and pack all used surgical instrument sets and return to CSD.
• Assist the surgeon before, during and after any operations.
• Perform all other related activities when need arise or on demand.
A College, University graduate with Degree in Nursing or other related fields.
3 years of working experience in OR nurse only.
• Act in a professional manner.
• Promote confidentiality.
• Keep up-to-date with wards and department developments and changes.
• Adhere to Policies and Procedures.
• Be conscious of Health and Safety at Work.
• Take part in extra duties e.g. Infection control nurse etc.
Deadline of this Job: 24 October 2022JOB DETAILS:
Primary purpose of the position:
The main purpose of the position is to work with the affected community to implement the hygiene promotion aspect of WASH by mobilizing them (communities) to participate in the programme. The holder of the position will work directly with the IDPs and host Community to lead them in interpretation of promotion materials, training and practice. He/She will take the lead in beneficiary profiling and selection for hygiene kits and other related NFIs.
• Promoting safe WASH practices, including appropriate use and maintenance of WASH facilities and Services with the aim of reducing WASH related risks.
• Participate in carrying out needs assessments, baseline studies and periodic studies and feedback findings to stakeholders.
• Liaise with community leaders and other sectors and agencies working locally to coordinate within the WASH sector and between sectors such as health.
• Create an enabling environment for effective dialogue with the affected community to allow the agency to be held to account for the quality of the WASH programme.
• Help identify needs for non-food items relevant to hygiene, participate in the choice of items, targeting Methodology, promotion of effective use of kits and post-distribution monitoring and reporting.
• Implement a Hygiene promotion programme that ensures links with the provision of water and sanitation Facilities and inputs.
• Participation and facilitation of participatory tools at IDP camps and host community level including the Rural Rapid assessment (RRA) as well as (PRA), PHAST and CHAST.
• Conduct and facilitate the Pre and Post KAP surveys in IDPs/host communit.
• Other duties as assigned by your supervisor.
Education, technical skills & knowledge required
• Knowledge of one or more of the followings: public health, health or hygiene promotion, community development, community water supply and sanitation.
• Academic or professional qualifications are desirable but not essential.
• At least two years of practical experience in community development, health, WASH or similar programmes.
• Good knowledge and experience of working with local partner agencies.
• Experience and understanding of hygiene promotion and community mobilization in relation to water and sanitation activities.
• Sensitivity to the needs and priorities of different sectors of a community.
• Familiarity with the culture of the affected population, ability to develop respect from a wide range of people and strong ability to communicate effectively on hygiene matters.
• Fluency in the language of the affected population and ability to communicate in the international language used in the humanitarian operation.
• Good mobilization skills
• Ability to work in unstable insecurity environments
• Ability to adapt to changing requirements
• Ability to be remotely managed and manage remotely
• Ability to work independently and in a team
• Proficiency in English language plus
• Willingness to travel and live in difficult security and operational environments
Deadline of this Job: 26 October 2022JOB DETAILS:
Summary Scope of Work:
Under the leadership of regional manager (Amhara) and Senior HRM and LMG advisor (Afar), the Mental Health and Psychosocial Support (MHPSS) Advisor supports the implementation of post conflict recovery activities with a focus on MHPSS and gender-based violence (GBV) for health workers and communities in conflict affected communities. S/he will lead training, provide coaching and supervision and support all activities in the targeted locations.
The ideal candidate will have technical expertise and prior experience in MHPSS programming, experience working with Government of Ethiopia and other key stakeholders; leading teams, communicating and networking, completing deliverables on time, and achieving results
All staff members of Jhpiego, regardless of the level of their responsibilities are expected to:
• model the mission stated above
• participate in the business development process
• contribute to the knowledge sharing and transfer process
• make responsible decisions that result in time and cost containment and clear accountability
• Represent Jhpiego at external meetings, demonstrating a thorough understanding of the organization’s technical approaches and capacities, as well as articulating the goals, objectives, activities and current status of the program s/he supports.
Program planning and management
• Support the development of project work plans and activity matrices.
• Support the development of project activity budgets in collaboration with technical, finance and M&E teams;
• Support development of locally-adapted approaches, tools and manuals for building the capacity of health workers and health leaders and beneficiaries on mental health and psychosocial support (MHPSS).
• Liaise with existing implementing partners and coordinating bodies on the ground to support MHPSS activities
• Facilitate MHPSS and GBV training need assessment of healthcare leaders, managers and health workers
• Coordinate and implement need-based MHPSS and GBV capacity building interventions including trainings, workshops, coaching and mentoring visit and joint supportive supervision visits
• Coordinate post emergency response and recovery management through conducting post action reviews and audits in collaboration with RHBs, zonal and district health offices as well as facilities
• Coordinate documentation, analysis and dissemination of proven practices, success stories and technical briefs in the area of MHPSS intervention
• Participate in regional TWG meetings and facilitate alignment and implementation of project interventions at region, zonal, district and facility levels
• Coordinate with HWIP team and track cost share documentation
• Any other task requested by the supervisor, Chief of Party, Technical Director and Senior Program Officer. This could include preparation of ad-hoc reports to be submitted to donors or the FMOH or other stakeholders.
• Provide support in development of program reports, including collecting required report inputs, drafting or editing reports, and developing additional documentation required such as success stories, etc.
• Work closely with regional manager/team leader/SPO and ensure that all project documents, reports, technical resources, training packages, etc are branded and systematically filed and made easily accessible to all staff. Also assist to post relevant documents on the Jhpiego website.
• Collaborate with SPO and communication consultant in developing project related communication materials.
Monitoring and Evaluation
• Lead tracking of MHPSS activity progress and provide regular update in collaboration with MEL team
• Track project spending against budgets and make recommendations for adjustments as needed.
• Conduct regular monitoring visit to targeted zones, woredas and health facilities and report on progress of service delivery
• Provide technical oversight and leadership support to the health workers that will be temporarily deployed
• Support the distribution and proper utilization of commodities to be donated to restore essential health services in conflict affected areas
Communication and Business Development
• Develop and maintain excellent relationships with colleagues in regional health bureaus, zonal and woreda health offices, health facilities and other partner organizations and stakeholders.
• The ideal candidate should have advanced or postgraduate degree in medicine, public health, gender, psychology, social work or a related discipline, preferably with a specialty in psychiatry, clinical psychology or counseling.
• S/he should have seven years of progressive experience working directly in the management of mental health and psychosocial problems, and GBV
• Experience in providing trainings on MHPSS interventions including Psychological First Aid (PFA), Basic psychosocial skills, Basic helping skill, Safe identification & referral to Mental Health, GBV, counseling, Wellbeing, and self-care activities
• Thorough understanding of the national MHPSS programming & interventions
• Experience working in NGOs or in an emergency context
• Thorough understanding of case management and social work of people with mental health problems
• Ability to work under pressure
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
• Proven ability of working as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
• Fluency in English.
• Ability to interact skillfully and diplomatically with stakeholders.
• Willingness and ability to travel outside duty station for at least 50% of the time
• Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform.
• Comfortable with a team approach to programming and ability to manage several major activities simultaneously.
• Ability to work proactively, organize and manage own work and assist others to do the same.
Deadline of this Job: 16 October 2022JOB DETAILS:
• Educational: Diploma and above in Nursing (COC Mandatory)
• Work Experience: 2 Years and above
Number Required & Place of Work: 1 -Unity Academy Burayu Secondary School 1 Unity Academy Arega Campus-CMC
Deadline of this Job: 23 October 2022JOB DETAILS:
LWF World Service is the humanitarian and development arm of the Lutheran World Federation. We are a widely recognized, international, faith-based organization working in over 20 countries. We seek to bring people of all backgrounds together in the common quest for justice, peace, and reconciliation in an increasingly complex and fragmented world.
A commitment to the human rights of every individual, regardless of their status, guides our work, actions, and operations. We are particularly known for our timely, compassionate, and professional humanitarian work, and for our field presence in hard-to-reach areas. Our work is people-centered and community- based. Above all, we work with the most vulnerable, and in order to claim and uphold their rights, we engage proactively with local government and community structures.
LWF Ethiopia’s partners include Ethiopian Evangelical Church Mekane Eyesus (EECMY), Lutheran churches related agencies, the European Commission (ECHO), the US Government (BPRM) and UN Agencies with whom we are a key implementing partner.
LWF World Service Ethiopia is a registered foreign charity which has been operating in Ethiopia since 1973 implementing various development and humanitarian projects in different parts of Ethiopia.
LWF World Service Ethiopia is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants based on merit regardless of sex, color, religion, ethnicity, age, marital status or disability except for affirmative action in a combination of considering competency to bring gender equity.
• Lead/support participatory beneficiary identification and verification for implementation of health nutrition interventions.
• Follow-up and ensure the inclusion of vulnerable groups and empowerment of women and girls with meaningful participation in all phases of the project cycle
• Lead/support vulnerable community access to essential nutrition and health services as per recommendation of nutrition cluster.
• Establish a Complaint and Response Mechanism (CRM) and monitor the effectiveness.
• Ensure health and nutrition support interventions relevance, effectiveness and efficiency
• Ensure projects are designed and implemented as per LWF and widely accepted standards such as CHS and Sphere.
• Lead/support planning, monitoring, evaluation and reporting activities of the project and LWF. Measure food security indicators such as Food Consumption Score and Reduced Coping Strategies.
• Identify new project ideas and prepare a draft concept note or project proposal in consultation with the Team Leader and LWF HO
• Create and maintain strong partnership with local stakeholders including government, NGOs and CBOs
• Actively participate in local, zonal and/or regional humanitarian coordination mechanisms and GO-NGO forums
• Supervise, coordinate and coach junior staffs and community facilitators.
• Identify training needs, organize training and build technical capacity of beneficiaries, local stakeholders and staff
• Takes good care of materials and properties of LWF Ethiopia Program
• Follow all procedures set out in the LWF Code of Conducts, Collective Agreement and other operational manuals
• Perform any other duties as assigned to him/her by the Project Team Leader and Head Office management
• At least a first degree in the relevant field (e.g., nutrition, food security, development studies, social sciences or related discipline) or equivalent experience.
• Experience of working in the humanitarian and development sector.
• Experience of working with/supporting local partners, and working with community volunteers and committees
• Experience in designing and implementing food assistance activities.
• An understanding and sensitivity to conflict, poverty, rights-based approach gender and diversity issues, and Do No Harm principle.
• Ability to work in a team and independently with no or minimal supervision.
• Good oral and written communication skills in English and Amharic.
• Flexibility, stamina and ability to work under pressure and beyond regular working hours if necessary.
• Willingness to work in insecure environments and a high level of adaptability and initiative.
• Willingness and fitness to travel and stay in the field for sustained periods of time.
• Knowledge and skills in computer usage