Deadline of this Job: 25 October 2022JOB DETAILS:
Provider of construction services. The company provides construction in two markets, the market for traditional construction, wood and the market for industrialized and modular construction.
Diploma Accounting or related fields/or TVET level II with COC certificate with 2 years of experience
Language: ability of Afan Oromo is Mandatory
Deadline of this Job: 16 December 2022JOB DETAILS:
Webuild S.p.A, the EPC contractor of the Grand Ethiopian Renaissance Dam Project (GERDP), would like to invite qualified and experienced candidates for the following position;
Duty Location: Guba Woreda, Benishangual Gumuz Regional State (Grand Ethiopian Renaissance Dam Project). For those applicants that will be shortlisted for interview or practical test which will be carried out at the project site, located at Guba Woreda, transportation, accommodation and meal services will be provided.
• Diploma or Degree in Surveying or related,
• A conversant candidate with proven extensive work experience as a Surveyor,
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (especially excel),
• Strong knowledge of English will be an added advantage,
• Capable and ready to take up the duty as soon as possible,
• Provide assistance to the chief surveyor and the other staff,
• Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned,
Deadline of this Job: 26 October 2022JOB DETAILS:
• Education: Msc/Bsc Degree in civil Engineering or Construction Management
• Work Experience: 0/2 years Specific Experience
• Qty: 15
Duty station: Project (Addis Ababa)
Deadline of this Job: 23 October 2022JOB DETAILS:
Background of the company
• Kerchanshe Trading P.L.C is the largest producer and exporter of coffee in Ethiopia, It has a proud history of providing quality coffees to the local and international markets. Currently our company needs a dedicated and motivated candidate.
• Organizes, develops and implements the archival filing and retrieval systems and standardizes records management procedures;
• Monitor and continuously improve the effectiveness of data management procedures and processes according to objectives
• Updating and maintenance of the document control data base by monitoring all incoming / outgoing documentation and entering and management of document
• Ensures the proper and smooth flow of documents and files and out of the filing system of the Central Archive and the immediate return of documents to their appropriate places and follows-up on lost, missing and misplaced files;
• Arranges for the proper storage of inactive or dead files and the disposal of unusable records on the basis of established policies and procedures;
• Supervises the receipt and the registering, stamping and indexing of incoming and outgoing letters, mails and copies;
• evaluating records for preservation and retention – some may be fragile and need careful handling, repair or conservation;
• assembling, cataloguing, preserving and managing valuable collections of historical information
• Keep information confidential in accordance with security policies
• Ensuring all document control procedures are adhered to organization rules and regulations
• The arrangement of documents will usually be alphabetical or chronological within record groups or series, showing the hierarchical relationship of each fond (creating office or individual) to the institution’s other
• Organize archival records and develop classification systems to facilitate access to archival materials.
• BA degree or diploma in Management, Secretary Science, computer science, office management, information technology or other related fields.
• Minimum of 3/5 years’ experience as Documentation officer, additional familiar with ERP system computer training or certification is a plus.
• Experience using data recorders and optical scanners
• Excellent knowledge of word processing tools and spreadsheets
• Strong Afan Oromo, Amharic and English language skills
Planning, Monitoring, Evaluations and Reporting (PMER) Director job at Ethiopian Agricultural Transformation Agency (ATA)
Deadline of this Job: 23 October 2022JOB DETAILS:
Position: Planning, Monitoring, Evaluations and Reporting (PMER) Director
Term of Employment: One year with the possibility of extension
Duty Station(s): Addis Ababa
Required Number: One
Salary & Benefits: Competitive
Application Deadline: October 23, 2022
The Agricultural Transformation Institute (ATI) has been established by the Government of Ethiopia (GoE) to identify and address systemic bottlenecks to Ethiopia’s agricultural development. The Institute does this through problem-solving, implementation support, and capacity building of stakeholders involved in the implementation of interventions that address the systemic bottlenecks.
ATI has an exceptional team of highly competent and committed staff with proven track records of success in managing complex activities and achieving transformational results. Our culture is one where talented, dedicated and adaptable individuals are committed to doing their best and exhibit great results as an individual and as a member of a team.
ATI provides a unique platform for people who want to achieve their highest potential and make a meaningful contribution in changing the country’s agricultural sector. We offer rewarding work in a young, fast-paced growing organization with passionate, committed, motivated colleagues and excellent career development and training. We recognize our most valuable assets are our staff and are committed to providing our teams with the tools, training and mentorships necessary to achieve their career goals.
The programmatic focus of the Institute responds to a core set of needs identified by the Ministry of Agriculture and other sectors along commodity value chains. Across the programs, the ATI engages public, private, and non-governmental stakeholders to support strategic planning, manage and strengthen implementation capacity and test innovative models. Currently, ATI is tasked to coordinate the revised Agriculture and Rural Development policy agendas of the sector and such sectoral level delegation requires high-level expertise in the policy areas and skillsets in coordination and networking with multiple stakeholders.
We have an exceptional team of highly competent employees with a proven track record of success in managing complex activities and achieving transformational results. Our culture is one where talented, dedicated and adaptable individuals are committed to doing their best and exhibit great team work to achieve excellent results.
At ATI, we provide an exceptional platform for people who want to achieve their highest potential and make a meaningful contribution in changing the country’s agricultural sector. We offer rewarding work in a young, fast-paced growing organization with passionate, committed, motivated colleagues and excellent career development and training. We recognize our most valuable assets are our staff and are committed to providing our employees with the tools, training, and mentorships necessary to achieve their career goals.
The Director of the Planning, Monitoring, Evaluations and Reporting (PMER) will lead the Monitoring & Evaluation, Data Service & Tools, Planning & Reporting and Learning team. The director will provide leadership and oversight support to design, conduct baseline, evaluation and learning studies; planning & reporting; Learning & Knowledge Management and provide capacity building. The Director will work closely with senior management and leaders across the organization, in addition to a variety of high-profile stakeholders and partners. The Director will lead the PMER team to generate significant learning and insights to improve the design and operation of current and future interventions, both at the ATI and with our partners to transform the agriculture sector.
The PMER Director provides leadership and direction to Planning, Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning and operational research frameworks that contribute to program excellence and achievement of ATI’s program/project outcomes. Under the supervision of the Senior Director of Operations, the Planning, Monitoring and Evaluations and Reporting Director is accountable for:
• Planning, tracking, and reporting of ATI programs, projects and operations for different stakeholders.
• Program/project Monitoring & Evaluation processes, standards and tools are defined.
• Lead in generating, documenting, sharing and application of project/program learning from programs/ projects implemented by Ethiopian Agricultural Transformation Institute
• Data management systems, protocols, tool, and policies are well-defined and followed.
• Generating, documenting, sharing and application of project/program learning from programs/ projects implemented by Ethiopian Agricultural Transformation Institute.
This position will report directly to the Chief of Operations.
1. Support enhanced quality Monitoring & Evaluation throughout the project cycle.
• Provided support in defining the monitoring process, approaches and tools; monitor outcomes and results.
• Act as a thought partner to help project teams develop meaningful results frameworks and monitoring & evaluation plans.
• Lead the M&E team to achieve maximum impact through actionable, insightful and collaborative project design, baseline and evaluation studies.
• Lead the M&E team to produce high-quality and timely baselines and evaluations of the ATI’s work with smallholder farmers, including partnering with a variety of consultants and research organizations.
• Work closely with research to move from individual project evaluations to cross-project meta-analysis and modeling to understand the drivers of change in agriculture.
2. Lead in generating, documenting, sharing and application of project/program learning from programs/ projects implemented by Ethiopian Agricultural Transformation Institute
• Synthesize and communicate learnings from evaluations and progress reviews to ensure continuous improvement of policy development, project planning and implementation, both within the ATI and with our partners.
• Lead operations research within the framework of projects being implemented by ATI for generating and applying learning.
3. Ensure planning, tracking and reporting of ATI programs, projects and operations for different stakeholders.
• Lead organizational planning processes, develop result frameworks as well as M&E plans for programs/projects and maintain compendium of organizational indicators.
• Provide leadership and oversight to the planning & reporting of project teams of the organization, Partners, and stakeholders.
• Lead the development of standard data collection processes, tools and requirements, ensure data quality and consistency, automate data aggregation and ensure interoperability.
4. Ensure Data management systems, protocols, tools, and policies are well-defined and followed.
• Provided oversight to organizational Data service management, Data collation and aggregation and Data analysis and visualization.
• Lead the ATI data management plan that is consistent with ATI guidelines.
5. Tailored capacity building and mentor in planning, monitoring, evaluation and learning to build the expertise of staff.
• Work with Project and portfolio management unit to create systems and capacity building initiatives for the effective and efficient management of projects in ATI
• Proactively coach and develop PMER staff and independent contractors (ICs)
• Design and facilitate capacity building to project leadership in the areas of Monitoring and Evaluation using optimal means of delivery, such as group trainings, individual advisory or mentorships, external trainings, PMP certification, etc.
• Assess the effectiveness of the capacity building initiatives against the identified core competencies and make revisions when necessary.
6. Manage the performance of all PMER staff and conduct operational activities.
• Coaching for Performance: Manage performance review of PMER staff
• Reporting: Director of PMER reports to the Operations Senior Director
• Approvals: Review/approve leaves, PMER’s plan, performance goals/targets, budgets, reports, procurement, travel, etc.
o Undertake other duties as assigned by the Senior Director of Operations.
• Master’s degree in Monitoring and Evaluation, Development Economics, Economics, Agricultural Economics, Development Studies, Management, MIS, Statistics, or another relevant field.
• At least 12 years of hands-on experience in managing a monitoring and evaluation system and/or impact evaluation, preferably in the fields of agriculture or rural development, based on planning frameworks such as logical framework, result framework, outcome mapping.
• Deep understanding of the theory and application of performance evaluation as well as impact evaluation, including best-practice tools and approaches.
• Hands-on experience with data management and analytical software such as SPSS/Stata/Kobo Tool, R.
• An understanding of Ethiopia’s agricultural system, with a broad perspective on how the entire system operates and how public, private, NGO and informal actors interact.
• Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and data gathering and analysis skills.
• Ability to thrive in a fast-moving, start-up environment, with an emphasis on high performance, teamwork, accountability and results.
• Strong set of personal values including integrity, honesty and desire to be of service.
• Fluency in English is essential.
Research and Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (RMEAL) officer job at International Rescue Committee
Deadline of this Job: 18 October 2022JOB DETAILS:
Research and Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (RMEAL) officer (Re-Advertisement)
The International Rescue Committee, one of the world’s largest humanitarian international NGOs, provides relief, rehabilitation and development support to vulnerable people and communities over 30 countries. We began work in Ethiopia in 2000 in response to severe drought in Ethiopia’s Somali region and are currently providing assistance to Ethiopians and refugees in six regions in Ethiopia, implementing emergency and development programs in health, water and sanitation, economic recovery, and development (ERD), women’s protection and empowerment, education, child protection, and multi-sectoral emergency response.
The PlayMatters (2020-2025) project to which the RMEAL Officer focus on is an education initiative funded by the LEGO Foundation. The program reimagines childhood for 800,000 refugee and host-community children across Ethiopia, Tanzania, and Uganda – children whose education and social development has been affected by displacement and trauma. The PlayMatters consortium has committed to building evidence base through rigorous MEAL and Research across the program cycle.
To support its evidence building endeavor, the International Rescue Committee (IRC) seeks Research and MEAL (RMEAL) Officers for Melkadida and Jigjiga field offices. The RMEAL Officer works in close collaboration with program teams to optimize research, monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning capacities and opportunities of the IRC mission in Ethiopia, Melkadida and Jigjiga. The RMEAL Officer supports and implements PM RMEAL activities and as well as IRC active Grants/Projects in targeted locations as required with special focus to ensure high-quality programming for the clients we serve and support the global ambitions of IRC Strategy 100, and the Country Strategic Action Plan.
Major key Responsibilities:
Leadership and Partnership
• Support all technical aspects and actions of RMEAL regarding the operation area; respond to program needs; foster high standards and practices for quality data collection, analysis, and reports. Enable accountability to clients, partners, and donors;
• Implement and support MEAL system and approaches in your areas of expertise and foster learning as per the IRC RMEAL Standards;
• Represent IRC at technical meetings, forums, and other events and build partnerships within IRC and area of expertise;
• Champion access and use of data for shared learning, sound decision-making, and data-informed programmatic adaptations.
• Run the RMEAL system and processes for the field office in harmony with the MEAL Country and Global Strategies throughout the project cycle which include:
• Collaborate with MEAL and non-MEAL staff to ensure that research and M&E data is collected, compiled, checked for its quality and completeness in compliance with IRC and donors’ standards for quality;
• Conduct regular data quality checks and audits and analysis to ensure high-quality data, compile a report with relevant indicator data per grant, showing targets versus actuals.
• Beneficiary counting: a quarterly gender and age disaggregated overview per grant per sector should be provided.
• Document and share learning, research/evidence, and data from previous projects to inform project proposal design;
• Implement RMEAL plans, revise (digital) data collection tools, follow-up on processes for online data management, quality checks, and audits, and updating of data visualization;
• Undertake regular analysis of monitoring data and work closely with program officers and managers to facilitate decision-making for real-time program adaptation;
• Produce quality reports and updating dashboards with key findings that foster learning and decision-making and share in project cycle management meetings and team meetings;
• Identify, document, and share key findings and client feedback to improve services and results for our clients.
• Support deployment of research and baseline, midline, end line studies, Post Distribution Monitoring and the commission of evaluations in coordination with colleagues and partners;
• Support the use of standard mobile data technology and online dashboard to enhance timeliness and quality of data collection, analysis and visualization;
• Join and contribute to IRC’s effort in meeting its internal and external accountability commitments through the implementation of sound accountability, client feedback, and response mechanisms.
• Provide technical support to other field offices when there is a need or where there is less number of grants in the permanently assigned field office.
• Work closely with Safe Programming Team and Sectors to ensure gender equality and client safety as required.
• Facilitate capacity building for program staff (especially the MEAL focal points/sector managers on skills and knowledge related to M&E and accountability and learning, including IRC global initiatives.
• Coordinate, lead, foster timely and high-quality achievement, and an inclusive and respectful team climate;
• Promote the growth and development of others in IRC teams and partners: present high-quality technical training and learning material for partners, colleagues, and junior staff;
• Participate in the recruitment and onboarding of field incentive workers and enumerators as required.
Key Working Relationships:
Position reports directly to and technically supervise by Senior MEAL officer, Education Manger/Senior Education officer in the respective locations. Additionally, this position technically supported by the PlayMatters MEAL Manager and Senior Research Manager based in Addis Ababa.
Position directly supervises: Incentive workers and/or enumerators as required.
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
Internal: PlayMatters project leads, Sector MEAL Managers as required, Program Manager and Officers as required, Database Officer, ICT Officer, Partnerships Manager as required, HR, Field Coordinator.
External: Beneficiaries, program partner organisations, local and national government.
• A technical degree or equivalent - additional relevant work experience;
• A minimum 2 year of working experience in a related field;
• Possess basic technical knowledge in some or all of the following areas: Research, Outputs, Outcome monitoring; Theories of Change, Logical frameworks, Data collection, Basic data analysis, Accountability, Client feedback mechanisms;
• Experience in conducting primary quantitative and qualitative data collection and data entry and data coding;
• Basic proficiency and experience with mobile data collection such as Kobo, CommCare, ODK Collect is required, knowledge of Tableau, PowerBi, or GIS software tools are additional assets.
• Good computer skills in MS Office, especially Excel; and Word – with experience in writing reports;
• Self-motivated and pro-active attitude with good organization, planning, and analytic skills, including prioritizing work, multi-tasking and attention to detail;
• Flexibility and ability to work under pressure and in constantly evolving work environments;
• Demonstrated analytical, systematic-thinking, and problem-solving skills are definite assets;
• A strong understanding of accountability and proven ability to build Client Feedback Systems
• Strong oral and written communications in English and local language is required.
• Willingness to travel to various field-level offices/sub-offices or sites