Deadline of this Job: 13 October 2022JOB DETAILS:
• The Senior Data Use Advisor will be responsible for coordinating the capacity building activities of Growing E-health Expertise Knowledge and Skills (GEEKS) fellows from Public Health Emergency Management (PHEM) Directorate of the Ethiopian Public Health Institute (EPHI), Policy, Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation directorate (PPMED) and Health Information Technology directorate of Ministry of Health (MoH) and selected RHBs in the implementation of the designed projects by fellows. S/he will support data cleaning, quality checks and build the necessary skills to analyze, visualize, interpret and make use of data for action. S/he will provide technical assistance to the GEEKS fellows to develop appropriate tools for strengthening data use and will follow up and mentor GEEKS fellows including reviewing and ranking GEEKS projects proposals.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Build capacity of national level stakeholders to regularly use data to inform routine and strategic decisions
• Provide technical assistance to GEEKS fellows to develop appropriate tools for strengthening data use by developing dashboards and data visualization as required by the sub-projects
• Provide feedback and technical assistance to address weak performance and process indicators at all levels
• Facilitate training workshops on immunization and VPD surveillance data use, data quality such as communicating data for decision making
• Support the implementation of GEEKS for all program components including reviewing and ranking GEEKS projects proposals
• Provide technical assistance in data review meetings, stakeholder meetings to document instances of data quality and use
• Represent ICAP at relevant working groups at the MoH and EPHI on maters related to the GEEKS Project
• Compiles and submits reports as per the direction from ICAP in Ethiopia
• Undertakes other project related activities advised by this supervisor
• Master’s Degree in public health, Informatics, Epidemiology or related field
• At least 5 years’ demonstrable experience in using data for decision and policy making
• Proven experience in training others in data use, data quality, data management supportive supervision and advocacy for evidence informed decision making
• Experience building capacity of national, regional and district-level stakeholders to use data to inform routine and strategic decisions regularly
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with strong attention to detail
• Knowledge and experience in public health, particularly Routine Immunization and VPD
• Experience working with District Health Information System (DHIS)2 or other related HMIS, MS Office packages, Epi Info, Open Data Kit (ODK) and Mapping software such as ArcGIS or QGIS.
• Strong interpersonal skills, motivational, and able to inspire others
• Demonstrate experience in managing large datasets from program/surveillance data
• Must be able to mentor project teams and workgroups on data analytics, visualization and dissemination
• Must be Ethiopian citizens or resident and eligible to work in Ethiopia.
• Must be fluent in Amharic and English
Deadline of this Job: 09 October 2022JOB DETAILS:
The Ethiopia operation requires an experienced Business Analyst / Test Lead to lead analysis as well as testing as part of the Mastercard’s IID project. The role of the Business Analyst is to take ownership of working with business & field stakeholders to elicit business requirements as part of the Mastercard IID project. The main purpose of the role is the capture & documentation of high level & detailed requirements from both a business perspective & a technical viewpoint & the production of robust functional designs & business processes to support custom development of a new Android application. The role of the Test Lead is to effectively lead the testing team. The Test Lead must manage & implement or maintain an effective testing process. That involves creating a test infrastructure that supports robust communication & a cost effective testing framework, develop a test strategy for the project, ensure that the test strategy is in place & coordinate with the developer, business owners & test team & create the test plans & test case & assign the test cases to the testers. Both (in sequence consecutive) roles will be filled by the recruited staff. The initial requirement for the Business Analyst / Test Lead is to provide their expertise during the initiation & planning phases of the project with a view of future integration into PRIMES in sight, for further project phases.
The key responsibilities of the Business Analyst role include:
• Facilitate business & field requirements capture through consultative processes as part of the technical workstream.
• Translate business & functional requirements into a comprehensive solution & user stories.
• Take ownership & responsibility for developing & delivering the detailed business requirements to support the delivery of a high quality solution.
• Work collaboratively within the project environment to ensure solution is clear & development meets business needs.
• Produce relevant documentation in line with our clients Project Management Lifecyle (PMLC).
• Support project implementation & business readiness activities to ensure that any new operating models, processes & procedures are in place & embedded.
• Maintain business analysis best practices & standards throughout the project lifecycle.
• Assist & help with the analysis & solution definition of the different business requirement participate on the testing, documentation & training of the functionalities, enhancement & fixes implemented for our clients operational tools
• Interface with system design & development counterparts to finalize enhancement / change request specifications.
• Assist in coordination of User Acceptance Testing (UAT) & perform UAT as needed on behalf of the future system user.
• Prepare end user training materials & assist in formulating training approaches aligned with the functionality being deployed.
The key responsibilities of the Test Lead role include:
• Oversee & coordinate the testing activities.
• Define the testing strategy & ensure the appropriate planning & management of the test resources.
• Build a testing team (Test Case Writers, Testers, etc..) with appropriate skills & identify training requirements.
• Organize test scenario sessions to ensure that all positive & negative test scenarios are in scope of the test plan.
• Coordinate, with the concerned team & arrange the hardware & software requirement for the test setup.
• Check / Review the test case & their associated items, including test data.
• Organize the testing kick off meeting.
• Assign task to testing team members.
• Ensure that all testing documents / artifacts is documented & maintained in the repository defined by the organization (DevOps).
• Implement, monitor & enforce all processes for testing as per standards defined by the organization.
• Organize the status meetings & send report to all stakeholders.
• Act as the single point of contact between development team & test team.
• Track & prepare a report, on a regular basis, for activities like testing results, defects discovered & their status, etc.
• Ensure the timely delivery of the testing milestones.
• Prepares a final report at the end of the completion of project.
• The Business Analyst / Test Lead will report weekly against assigned deliverables & progress with the Senior Business Analyst in GDS, DIRS, under the overall direction of the Project Manager in Ethiopia. It is expected that the s / he will work closely with key staff & partner stakeholders such as the Solution Engineer, the Ethiopia Country Office & Sub Office, Mastercard & UNECA as well as Reginal Bureau & HQ counterparts. In addition, s / he will work with other project steering committees, stakeholders, Workstream Leads, Solution Architects, external managed service providers & suppliers to ensure business requirements are met.
• University Degree in Computer Sciences, Information Technology, Business Administration or related field.
• Minimum 8 years of relevant business analysis & test lead experience.
• Previous success driving business requirement gathering & delivering required documentation.
• Knowledge of Agile & Waterfall development methodologies.
• Relevant experience of working with end users to capture requirements, requirements analysis & dissemination to Software Engineers, Developers & Testers.
• Previous experience working as part of a program & under the oversight of a PM.
• Comfortable using Skype, Teams, Webex & WhatsApp to communicate & collaborate with team members.
• Previous experience in working for humanitarian organizations, in particular with refugees & vulnerable persons.
• Experience in a testing efforts, techniques & tools.
• Excellent verbal & written communication skills & the ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to identify problems & develop solutions.
• Comfortable & resilient in challenging current ways of working & offer a more beneficial alternative.
• Proven track record of operating in high intensity environments with time critical pressures.
• Excellent organizational skills, reporting & documenting.
• Strong organizational credibility to report to governance bodies & to senior stakeholders.
• Testing & analysis skills.
• Very good understanding of business processes, requirements (user stories).
• Knowledge of all aspects of the software development process.
• Thorough understanding of large scale IT management systems & applications.
• Previous experience of working on interoperability initiatives.
• Knowledge of national or international regulatory frameworks on the protection of personal data.
• This role has no team management responsibility.
• Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply for this role.