Deadline of this Job: 14 October 2022JOB DETAILS:
Reporting to the Woreda by Woreda/WbyW/ program/ Project leader, the M&E Officer will lead the design, implementation, and operation of WbyW M&E systems from project initiation to closeout. She/he will oversee the monitoring, evaluation, analytics, and reporting of performance and results, providing regular project reports to this Program Team Lead. She/he will provide technical leadership and supervise staff experts and oversee data management, analysis, and ongoing training to other staff who participates in the project. She/he will conduct regular project data analysis and identify methods to use results for program improvement. She/he will lead activity efforts to strengthen monitoring and evaluation and performance reporting within the geographic area of Activity. This position is contingent upon award.
• Assisting the Woreda by Woreda Project leader with development of the M&E Plan for the project, including indicator selection, target setting, reporting, database management, and developing M&E and/ performance monitoring plans
• Lead role in overseeing data collection, collation, storage, analysis, and reporting, ensuring that data is of high quality and audit worthy.
• Responsible for supporting the preparation and review of program reports in collaboration with program staff.
• Manage research activities of the cohort and ensure outcomes and lessons learned are integrated into the project and shared with relevant stakeholders.
• Provide training and mentoring to partners and staff to ensure the implementation of strong M&E systems.
• Design and manage monitoring and database systems.
• Communicating with relevant partners (from multiple sites) on data management to support smooth data collection and transfer of information
• Keeping a log (mapping) of research activities undertaken
• Supporting the coordination of data collection (tracking), including scheduling and undertaking field visits
• Performing quality checks on data, including data cleaning and verification of data
• Managing research databases for programmes
• Processing data and providing information for reporting
• Ensures consistency of information in different reports
• does other work related activities as assigned
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in statistics, public policy, international development, or related field. An advanced certificate in M&E, statistics, is preferred.
• Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in a senior M&E position responsible for implementing M&E activities on development projects.
Key competencies and professional expertise required:
• Minimum of five years of professional experience in a senior M&E position responsible for implementing M&E activities on development projects.
• Experience in strategic planning and performance measurement, including indicator selection, target setting, reporting, database management, and developing M&E and/ performance monitoring plans.
• Demonstrated experience of working on projects or project data
• Experience in planning and managing surveys and project related analysis.
• Experience working in research administration, including tracking and logging information in spreadsheets
• Proven ability to manage research data and databases including cleaning, analyzing and reporting data
• Familiarity with data collection, entry and analysis
• Experience of using MS Excel for managing information and computing
• Experience of using SPSS (or equivalent)
• Knowledge of the major evaluation methodologies (e.g., qualitative, quantitative, mixed method, and impact) and data collection and analysis methodologies.
• Proven success in designing, implementing and operating project M&E systems from project initiation to closeout stages.
• Fluent in English, Afaan Oromo, Amharic and other local languages is preferred
• MS Office software, especially MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint with ability to troubleshoot these applications
• Quantitative data management and analysis programs (e.g. SPSS, Stata, SAS, R)
• Knowledge of processes involved in health research
• Knowledge of and experience with working with NGO.
Skills & Abilities
• Organizational skills, with ability to work to and meet deadlines
• Attention to detail and accuracy
• Written and verbal communication skills
• Interpersonal skills with ability to work both collaboratively and independently
• Confidence and ability to deal with people at all levels across disciplines and cultures
• Proven track record of taking responsibility and ownership for problems and following them through to resolution
• Demonstrated ability through previous experience with data quality assessments and oversight, developing and refining data collection tools and analyzing data, and managing and providing ongoing training to other staff who participate in project field activities.
Deadline of this Job: 16 October 2022Job Description
Vacancy Number: VA_008_FY23
The Carter Center is a not-for-profit international NGO committed to waging peace, fighting disease and building hope worldwide. The Carter Center - Ethiopia, which assists the Government of Ethiopia in Disease Elimination and Eradication Programs is looking for a qualified professional to fill the following vacant post for its Trachoma Elimination Projects:
Summary Job Description:
• Actively participates in the development of the annual plan of action (PoA),
• Facilitate Zone Project Coordinators (ZPCs) to prepare /develop their respective Zonal project agreement, strategic plan, with active participation in the process & sub regional finalization.
• Actively participate in annual budget exercise workshop, for development of activity-based budget plan.
• Works closely with Sub Regional Project Manager in prioritizing, scheduling, and following the accomplishment of activities before deadlines.
• Facilitate Zone Project Coordinators (ZPCs) to prepare & submit monthly as well as weekly work plans and give planning feedback.
• Works very closely with Sub Regional Project Manager and Zone Project Coordinators (ZPCs) to ensure project activities are implemented as per the PoA and project agreements.
• Undertakes supportive supervision and monitors and evaluates implementation of all projects in his/her respective sub-region.
• In close consultation with Sub Regional Manager, keeps proper documentation of project implementation.
• Presents key performance indicators at monthly monitoring meeting.
• Update sub regional display charts, & cascade to Zone Project offices .
• Works closely with Sub Regional Project Manager, to facilitate quarterly/biannual, and annual program performance reviews, and produce meeting minutes, track the progress of set action points.
• Engage in preparing presentations for quarterly subregional RMs, for post MDA Sub regional RMs, & any other requested .
• Actively participate in sub regional management meeting & take part in decision making process.
• Actively participate during zone project coordinators’ mid-year & annual performance evaluation, through easing the evaluation with regular coordinator-based accomplishments record keeping & supporting with accurate & timely information for evidence.
• Works closely with M&E Officer and sub-regional Project Managers to develop database at the respective sub-regional and zonal offices.
• Actively participate in preparation of M & E tools, manuals, and promote their effective application in tracking project progress.
• Maintains/updates data base from which he/she generates monthly and annual reports for Trachoma.
• Receive all Monthly, Quarterly BoFED, Quarterly STP, MDA & Annual TCP reports from Zone Project Offices, review the completeness, accuracy and timeliness of data reported, and provide feedback that helps quality improvement.
• Aggregate, analyze and generate descriptive sub regional excel summary for all (Monthly, Quarterly BoFED, Quarterly STP, Annual, MDA) reports, and produce (Monthly, Annual, MDA) narrative report, & finally submit to the Sub Regional Project Manager to his comment and submission.
• Produce comprehensive TCP performance feedback to all coordinators on monthly & quarterly bases.
• Coordinates baseline surveys and impact assessments for program monitoring.
• Actively participate on the implementation of regional mass Antibiotic (Zithromax & TEO) treatment campaigns.
• Fully engaged in all M&E activities: coordinating M&E implementation, & cascading M&E related updates: dropbox, OneDrive, file tree, ODK collect, and trainings on survey management tools.
• Performs other duties as instructed by supervisor.
Qualification and Experience:
• Minimum BSc degree in Statistics, Monitoring & Evaluation, Health Informatics and/or Public health from a recognized university.
• Minimum of five years relevant experience preferably in Monitoring & Evaluation of health programs.
• Reasonably good experience in health projects M & E
• Willingness to travel and work in remote rural areas during field work
• Good computer skills, especially in data management
• Recommendation letter from the most recent employer
• Able to present release letter from current employer in two weeks after job offer
Deadline of this Job: 05 October 2022JOB DETAILS:
Short Term - Research Assistant
As a Research Assistant, you will
• Perform data collection and project site coordination under guidance of Research officer/Trial Manager
• Gather and enter data through patient and healthcare worker surveys and interviews regarding the use of various digital adherence technology (DAT) solutions, though face-to-face (if possible) and mobile-based/online-based data entry;
• Collect qualitative data through Key informant interview and transcribe the collected data
• Actively contribute to the translation of the qualitative data.
• Regularly visit intervention and control facilities in Addis Ababa City and neigbouring towns of Oromia region
• Use a linking table to input data from facility TB registers into the research database using RedCap.
• Ensure timely and complete reporting from all data collection activities following approved reporting formats;
• Coordinate and participate in joint supportive-supervision visits to the study facilities;
• Provide support to facility health care workers in using the ASCENT platform: enrolling and following patients and implementing differentiated care;
• Ensure study activities are uniformly applied in intervention facilities
• Assist the Trial Manager in the analysis of data and writing of research outputs.
• Attend regular team meetings;
• Prepare biweekly progress reports in line with the required formats.
• Work closely with the Trial Manager on operational aspects of the study
What does KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation offer?
• Two months contract with the intention to extend the contract;
• An informal work atmosphere in an international environment where initiative is appreciated;
• A highly-motivated team of experienced, self-driven colleagues;
• The salary is dependent upon education and relevant experience
• At least a Bachelor's degree or an equivalent qualification;
• Preferably a graduate of health science courses (e.g., Nursing, Public Health, etc.) or any research-oriented degrees (e.g., Statistics, etc.);
• Fresh graduates are welcome to apply, as long as minimum qualifications are satisfied.
Knowledge and Experience
• Moderate to strong health or implementation research background;
• Demonstrated experience with field data collection (through surveys or key informant interviews) and/or coordination;
• Moderate proficiency in electronic data entry using electronic platforms (e.g., RedCap, ODK, etc.);
• Beginner to moderate proficiency in using research related software: R, Stata, SPSS, SAS, EpiInfo or MS Excel for quantitative analyses and NVIVO for qualitative analyses;
• Willingness to do regular field visits 50 % of time for project sites in Addis Ababa City and Oromia Region
• Familiarity with pulmonary Tuberculosis and the related DOTS implementation by the National TB Program (NTP);
• Demonstrated experience in writing technical and/or research documents;
• Excellent interpersonal skills and effective oral and written communication skills in English
• Ability to work as part of a team and independently, both face-to-face and online using mobile/online communication and project management platforms;
• Prior training in good clinical practice/health research ethics.
• Behavioral competencies and skills
• Ability to work as part of a team and independently;
• Ability to cope with stress and to organize and prioritize workload;
• Excellent oral and writing skills in English.