TSFP Officer 3
Jobs at:Save the Children
Deadline of this Job:
05 June 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, June 01, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Job specific roles and responsibilities
• Coordinate and facilitate implementation of activities and prepare weekly movement plan to TSFP distribution points
• Monitor implementation of TSFP program quality
• Facilitate essential drugs, supplies and supplementary products
• Facilitate training and work closely with Woreda Health staffs at Health posts, Health centre and district level.
• Organize daily, weekly and monthly over view and reports of TSFP.
• Adherence to medical and nutritional treatment protocols and procedures for children and infants in TSFP
• Provide onsite training to HEW and nurses on the management of MAM Children and PLW
• Ensure Job aids are available in Health posts (HEW quick reference, Look up table, report format, tally sheet, and stock balance control
• Receive weekly reports from HEW at weekly basis, cross check the completeness and accuracy, and submit to Woreda health & CMAM officer
• Mentoring and assist HEW in decision of patients who are at severe risks and need to be transferred to nearby OTP/SC or Hospital
• Assist HEWs in identifying patients who need to be transferred to OTP or SC, patients with failure-to respond to treatment and patients who need to be discharged.
• In charge of TSFP quality program implementation and monthly TSFP activity
• Responsible for supervising and manage supplementary food in pre- mix basis and ensure availability of required material for pre- mix
• Participate in capacity building training, in health education sessions and ENA/BCC application
• Follow up absentees/defaulters and keep a current record of both beneficiaries and the staff (CHAs, volunteers).
• Supports the program integration with DPPO and MoH through on-job trainings and supervisions
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
• Bachelor degree in Human Nutrition, Food science and Nutrition, Nursing, Public Health or other related fields
• Minimum Three/Four years working experience with NGOs out of which two years in OTP/TFU/TSFP settings.
• Knowledge, training and experience in management of MAM and SAM with/without medical complication
• Demonstrated skills in program planning, implementation and monitoring.
• Demonstrated skills in peer group training, Training of Trainers and development of training materials.
• Strong computer (Microsoft skills), and interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment.
• Good command in written and spoken English and Local language (Somali) (Mandatory)
• Good human relation skills.
• Respect of Save the Children rules by anyone visiting the program;
• Willingness to work under pressure and extra hours
• Minimum Three years working experience with NGOs out of which two years in OTP/TFU/TSFP settings.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.