Vacancy title:TSF FIELD WORKER[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Healthcare , Category: Healthcare ]
Jobs at:Mercy Corps Ethiopia
Deadline of this Job:15 July 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, July 06, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
About Mercy Corps
Mercy Corps is an international non-profit, non-governmental organization operating in the sectors of Emergency Response, Sustainable Peace and Development, and Economic and Markets Development. Mercy Corps currently has programs in the Regions of Afar, Somali, Oromiya, Addis Ababa and SNNP, and works through the principles of Accountability, Participation and Peaceful Change. Mercy Corps employs a community-led, market-driven approach as it works with partners at the community, government, private, and research institution levels.
Position Title: TSF FIELD WORKER
Duty Station: Aga Wayu, Gumi Gumi Eldelo and Seba Boru Woredas of Guji Zone – Oromia Region
Open Position: 3
Project Duration: - 4 Months
Program / Department Summary
The project is intended to reduce morbidity, mortality and sufferings associated with malnutrition for internally displaced communities who do not have access to primary health care services and basic nutrition services.
General Position Summary
The TSF Field Worker will be responsible to conduct food distribution to identified beneficiaries (under 5 children and PLWs); ensure screening and distributions conducted as per the protocol and compile lists of participants and share to project coordinator, checks anthropometric measurements for each participant while they come for the next distribution to know their progress. In addition, the position holder is also expected to provide a consistent and high-quality technical support and will assist nutrition/IYCF officer and community mobilizer in operational Woreda to build strong TSF implementation package.
Essential Job Responsibilities
Strategy & Vision
• Collaborate with other team member for effective integration between other services like Nutrition and health services
• Collaborate with Local authorities and other partners to harmonize different efforts for better impact and sustainability.
• Able to learn and update his/ her information or knowledge to adapt the changing situation and context
• Plan and organize TSF implementation at the designated distribution sites in collaboration with other nutrition teams.
• Prepare plan of action for effective TSF implementation in consultation with the project coordinator.
• Provide supportive supervision to the Health Extension Workers (HEWs) and Food Distribution Agents (FDAs) at the TSF sites.
• Work closely with the HEWs and FDAs to ensure all children are measured correctly.
• Ensure all criteria are respected and understood by the HEWs and HWs, including admission, discharge and transfer to and from the TSFP.
• Review the forms completed by the HEWs to ensure completion, accuracy and coherence
• Ensure HEWs and FDAs follow and respect the national protocols
• Ensure adequate availability of all food supplies and ensure stock is pre-positioned as planned by discussing with logistics.
• Work closely with OTP/SC Nurse to ensure all aspects of the programme are understood and agreed and appropriate referrals take place to and from the TSFP.
• Follow-up and provide feedback to Project Coordinator on the amount and quality of the supplementary foods if it does not comply with specified quality standards.
• Report on progress and any problems in a timely manner.
• Ensure cases not meeting admission criteria return home as early as possible and care takers understand why their child is not admitted.
• Through liaison with the HEWs and FDAs, provide effective follow up of all cases: particularly tracing of children who are absent from the programme, sick children, children not gaining weight, and children with social problems etc.
• Provide On-the-Job training to HEWs and FDAs on the provision of key health and education messages to beneficiaries based the acceptable protocol and guidelines
• Respond to HEWs and FDAs inquiries regarding the technical aspects of the program admission and discharge whenever necessary at the TFP sites.
• Providing Woreda Health Office staffs with technical support in convening meetings and answering questions on topics relevant to the project as necessary.
• Assist HEWs to compile the statistical data.
• Establish good relationship with the local authorities and community leaders.
• Establish link and meetings with the community leaders and different group existing in the working
• Perform any other duties requested by the immediate supervisor
• Organize and ensure the documentation of TSFP activities.
• Participate in dissemination of appropriate hygiene educational materials.
• Support the Nutrition/IYCF Officer and Project coordinators in Organizing and facilitating IMAM trainings
• Ensure health workers and HEWs follow and respect the national protocols
• Providing technical support for MC and Zonal/Woreda government health staffs on management of moderate acute malnutrition
• Inform the Project Coordinator s for any professional problems encountered
• Provided formal and on job training for health workers and HEWs and supportive MC Nutrition field team and community mobilizers.
Finance & Compliance Management
Influence & Representation
• Liaise with concerned government authorities and ensure the programme strategy, objectives and activities are understood, agreed and appropriate communication channel is in place
• Participating in the Zonal/Woreda health and Nutrition Technical Working Group meetings, develop meeting agendas, documentation and dissemination of the technical working group meetings action point and recommendations.
• Liaise and coordinate with local stakeholders, WFP and MoH personnel regularly, reporting to them and giving them updates on activities.
• Collaborate with the potential partners on the field (health centres, health posts, committee leaders) to improve the coverage and the efficiency of the programs.
• Collaborate with partners where possible (e.g. WFP, UNICEF and WHO in nutrition/health assessments in the area that may have an impact on our programs).
• Ensure compliance with security procedures and policies as determined by country leadership.
• Proactively ensure that team members operate in a secure environment and are aware of policies.
• As part of our commitment to organizational learning and in support of our understanding that learning organizations are more effective, efficient and relevant to the communities they serve, we expect all team members to commit 5% of their time to learning activities that benefit Mercy Corps as well as themselves.
Accountability to Beneficiaries
• Mercy Corps team members are expected to support all efforts toward accountability, specifically
to our beneficiaries and to international standards guiding international relief and development work, while actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field projects.
• Team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and MC's policies, procedures, and values always and in all in-country venues.
• The TSF Failed Worker is responsible to implement the day-to-day management of moderate acute malnutrition and providing technical support for HEWs and Health workers and closely work with field team, support staffs and field office staffs
Knowledge and Experience
• Diploma or BSC in Public health or Nursing, with Minimum four years working experience in NGOs environment out of which two years in TSF setup.
• Solid technical skill on management acute malnutrition and technical support for health workers and HEWs
• Knowledge and experience in management of moderately malnourished children and PLWs
• Demonstrated skills in program planning, implementation and monitoring.
• Ability to lead teams and able to create good team sprit among the group.
• Strong computer (Microsoft skills), and interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment.
• Good command in written and spoken English and Local language.
• Willingness to work under pressure and extra hours
• Willingness and capacity to be flexible and accommodating when faced with difficult and frustrating working conditions like long distance
• Good interpersonal and communication skills
• Experience in closely working with Zonal and Woreda Health Office, Busa Gonofa and WFP
• Ability to prepare program reports
• Communication skill, good human relations and knowledge of local language
• Firm belief in teamwork, gender equality and inclusion
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
All interested candidates are encouraged to apply for the position advertised. All applications should be submitted to the Mercy Corps office/through e-mail that includes a CV, three references, and all relevant official documents. Applications will not be returned and will not be retained for future recruitment efforts. In order to ensure fairness to all applicant’s personal inquiries are not permitted.
Only candidates that are short listed will be acknowledged and called for interviews.
“Mercy Corps is an equal opportunity employer promoting gender, equity and diversity. Qualified female and young candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. We are committed to empower women and youth.”
DEADLINE FOR ALL APPLICATIONS: 15 July 2022
Please send non-returnable applications and credentials to one of the following addresses:
Note: Please make sure that you mention the position title in the subject line of your email application. OR:
Mercy Corps Recruiter
Addis Ababa: P.O. Box 14319
Arbaminch: P.O. Box 33, Jijiga: P.O. Box 225
Negelle Borena: P.O. Box 116
Dire Dewa: P.O. Box 974
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.