Sr, Resource Mobilization and Fund-Raising Specialist
Jobs at:ChildFund Ethiopia
Deadline of this Job:
15 April 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, April 05, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Sr, Resource Mobilization and Fund-Raising Specialist will support ChildFund International’s overall grant acquisition and management strategy and is responsible for providing leadership for Grant acquisition within the Country Office (CO). This includes strengthening staff, systems, and tools in the areas of proposal preparation, grants compliance and administration. Responsible for building CO execution capability for its grants and contracts, focusing on effective on scope, on time and on budget delivery, compliance with organizational and donor policies, procedures and regulations, as well as risk mitigation. Prepare and review CO proposals, oversight of implementation and donors’ reports submission. The Sr, Specialist will work in close coordination and collaboration with ChildFund’s Global Business Development and Grant Management Teams.
• Ensures that all CO grant Business Development activity aligns with ChildFund’s Business Development Policy, Procedures and Practice.
• Ensure the Country office meets the grant acquisition targets for the various categories of donors.
• Prepare of the Country Office’s grant acquisition strategy and ensure alignment with the Country Office’s Country Strategic Plan.
• Working in close coordination with the CO’s Technical Team and the Global Business Development Team ensure that the CO pre-positions itself successfully on relevant grant funding opportunities.
• Leads the Country Office’s Grant Acquisition efforts; responsible for strengthening the CO’s institutional capacity to acquire relevant grants and increase the CO’s grant portfolio.
• Leads the preparation and presentation of grant proposals and budgets and the successful submission of competitive grant proposals, operational and financial reports in collaboration with the relevant Program and Finance staff; ensure best practice is communicated, followed and shared in all aspects of grants management
• Supports project implementation to ensure on scope, on time and on budget Project implementation and that all grant funded projects meet institutional donor requirements and in accordance with ChildFund, donor, country and international standards.
• Establishes and maintains appropriate systems and procedures to ensure compliance with donor contracts and ChildFund Project Management standards.
Supports the development and maintenance of effective relationships with current and prospective donors. Provides appropriate and timely feedback to ensure management is fully informed of grant project progress and success with all new and existing donors.
Remain alert and responsive to any child safeguarding risks, acquire relevant knowledge and skills which will enable you to promote strong safeguarding practices, understand the child safeguarding policy and procedures and conduct yourself in a manner consistent with Child fund’s Child Safeguarding Policy.
Dept: Program and Sponsorship
Location: Country Office
Reporting Relationship: Program and Sponsorship Director
Liaison with: Program Specialists and Grant Resource Mobilization Manager
Job Grade: 8
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in relevant area.
• Certification from a reputable service provider in Project Management (PMP, PMD) is preferred
• Five to seven years of experience in grants acquisition and management
• Proven ability of articulating the organization’s core intent, strategic direction in ways that respond to donors’ expectations and requirements.
• Demonstrated experience in designing and facilitating capacity building program/training, coaching and/or mentoring project staff in the basics of grant management.
• Knowledge of major donors’ requirements, applicable local regulatory and legal requirements.
• Demonstrated capability in execution of various stages of the grant lifecycle including pre-award review, grant progress monitoring, and award closure.
• Proven excellent communication, networking, presentation, public speaking and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to lead a multi-disciplinary team for a successful achievement of proposal development
• Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
• English required.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Qualified and interested applicants can apply through: https://childfundinternational.secure.force.com/careers/fRecruit__ApplyJob?vacancyNo=VN1309&
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.