Specialist- Finance Business Partner
Jobs at:Safaricom Telecommunications Ethiopia PLC
Deadline of this Job:
11 June 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, June 08, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Safaricom Telecommunications Ethiopia Plc is a company supporting Ethiopia’s digital transformation. As a member of the Vodacom family, we have a wealth of experience connecting over 334 million people globally and over 180 million people in Africa across our network. We look forward to partnering with Ethiopians as we build a new network in Ethiopia.
We are setting the groundwork in readiness for the launch of our services next year and are looking to work with purpose-led teams that put the community at the heart of service.
Safaricom Ethiopia is offering a wide range of careers, whether you’re looking to join our technology, commercial or corporate teams. If you would like a challenge and the promise of a digital future for the people of Ethiopia, we are looking for you.
We are pleased to announce the following vacancy for Specialist – Finance Business Partner-Function in Ethiopia. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
Reporting to the Manager – Finance Business Partnering, the role holder will be responsible for supporting the Technology and Commercial functions in a timely and intelligent manner, with reference to Capital and Operational costs budgeting and Performance tracking. The role holder will also be responsible for participating in periodic budgeting and reporting cycles to ensure that divisional costs drivers are correctly reflected and captured in the reporting system to avoid subsequent delays to downstream processes or inefficiencies due to incorrect cost capture and reporting. This role also entails acting as the liaison for all financial matters as they relate to but not limited to participation in procurement and working capital matters within the Functions.
Job Responsibilities /Key accountabilities and decision ownership
Efficiency in Operational Processes in Technology and Commercial:
• Ensure all services have valid contracts and renewal processes are triggered on time, Purchase orders within defined SLA’s, Goods Receipts/ Acceptance process within SLA’s, monthly Opex and Capex accruals provided on time to Finance Operations, Assets Under Construction close monitoring. Promote automation of processes to drive down the weight of time spent on transactional processes
Commercial Reporting and Insights
• Support FP&A in analyzing commercial performance and provide insights on commercial drivers, customers, pricing and initiatives to ensure robust.
Capex monitoring and Reporting
• Ensure Company Annual Capex Budget is achieved by providing accurate reporting per project including information of actual, commitments and available budget on a weekly basis to budget owners including senior leadership.
• Provide support to ensure and validate that Budget owner’s motivation for Capex projects as per CIRB charter as well as monitor the post implementation of project.
Opex monitoring and Reporting
• Ensure timely and accurate reporting of Opex to the departments in Technology, Ensure the departments adhere to the Opex plan and that risks and opportunities are identified and managed.
• Support the Budget and Forecasting cycles with correct level and detail in terms of commitments and cost drivers, consolidating and challenging inputs from Technology where required.
Finance Decision Support:
• Ensure end-to-end support to the Technology and commercial functions in strategic and tactical projects. This includes preparation of financial models/business cases, liaison with internal and external partners, and motivation to functional Exco Chief.
• Ensure close tracking of initiatives when and if approved and implemented.
• Build strong relationships with other Functional specialist and facilitate delivery of company mission and objectives.
• Be able to provide business and finance insights to non-finance stakeholders
Core competencies, knowledge and experience:
• Deadline-oriented and an ability to stick to time constrains;
• A keen eye for details and desire to probe further into Data;
• Financial Modelling skills( Advanced excel);
• Negotiation skills and the ability to develop strong working relationships;
• Be pro-active in solving problems and comfortable challenging current ways of working to improve efficiency and drive improvement.
• A graduate with relevant degree in technical, business and accounting field from a recognized university.
• 3 to 5 Years work experience in telecommunication or , Business and FMG sector.
• Exposure and experience in preparation of Technical and Commercial Business cases . Knowledge of excel at advanced level
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.