Senior Roving Cash and Voucher Officer
Jobs at:action against hunger
Deadline of this Job:
20 November 2022
Date Posted: Friday, November 11, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
. Summary of position
This post aims to strengthen the Cash-Based Intervention (CBI) of the mission, providing technical support for field teams, on Action Against Hunger CBI in different implementation bases. This post works closely with both Deputy FSL-HOD and FSL-HOD and FSL program managers at capital and field level. As such s/he advises on identification, formulation, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of CBIs, supports cash & voucher projects specific staff as applicable, and supports the program managers in planning, monitoring and managing cash transfer activities and helps in the production of internal and external narrative and financial reports.
As direct support to Action Against Hunger cash based interventions in crises affected areas, approximately 60-70% of the time will be spent in the field.
The Senior Roving Cash and Voucher Officer role’s purpose, engagement, and delivery is:
Under the direct supervision of a Food Security and Livelihood-Head of Department, the senior roving cash and voucher officer will support the planning, implementation, tracking, and reporting of regular activities of Action Against Hunger’s Cash Based interventions including Cash and Voucher, Cash for Nutrition, Fresh Food Vouchers and MPCA programs. S/he is a technical person to oversee Action Against Hunger’s Cash programs.
• The Senior roving cash and voucher Officer will work closely with other departments in the base and at capital teams.
• Externally, s’he build relationship with other organizations, local government officials and community leaders in the program implementation area. S/he will participate on monthly national and regional cash working group meetings, AAH’s Cash progress updates; engage and lead Cash response related assessments undertaken at National /regional level representing AAH.
• The Senior Roving Cash and Voucher Officer will support the timely tasks delivery with attention to the quality as per SOPs. Organize project execution consistent with program objectives engaging counterparts and building reputation for quality design and reliable delivery in line with donor rules, regulations, and standards.
V. Essential Job Duties
• Support Cash & Voucher intervention to ensure timely and quality implementation:
• In collaboration with local authorities and community representatives, undertake detailed needs analysis and design appropriate responses to meet needs and strengthen local capacities at the field level.
• Ensure CBIs are implemented as per standards (SPHERE, Core Humanitarian Standard, etc.) and Action against Hunger’s SOPs and are in line with recommendation of Cash working groups
• Ensure Cash SOP are followed during the process of CBI implementation
• Conduct regular visits to cash implementation areas and support field staff with the identification and solution of technical issues.
• Ensure adequate beneficiary data protection is in place.
• Ensure adequate complaint and feedback mechanisms are in place.
• Ensure and maintain effective coordination between Action Against Hunger country office and field/base offices regarding CBIs.
• Ensure proper coordination among the stakeholders, consortium partners in disbursing the funds to the selected beneficiaries.
• Ensure financial documents (MBL, Distribution plan, and distribution list, MOU) are submitted to the finance team before cash distribution as per the SOP.
• Support proper project documentation and records, including needs assessment questionnaires/data, certificates of vouchers and cash receipts, consolidated list of beneficiaries, photos, etc.
• Provide support to field teams on implementation of CBIs
• Follow up project implementation and ensure effective and timely completion of the planned activities/interventions.
• Conduct regular visits to project areas to verify timeliness, transparency, and authenticity of assistance delivered
• Support field team during Beneficiary targeting and registration
• Assist the team in carrying out market assessments and market analysis report in the implementation areas
• Support cash distribution and make sure the distribution is conducted according to the SOP.
• Being with MEAL team and FSL Program Managers, assist Baseline, PDM, market monitoring and evaluation, and make sure all are conducted and reported timely.
• Manage and monitor digital Cash delivery platforms ( Red rose)
• Undertake activities in the absence of the Deputy FSL-HOD and FSL HOD
• Represent Action Against Hunger in different CASH related coordination platforms at the national level (ECWG, Regional CWG ) and actively contribute and influence; ensure timely delivery of external reporting requirement at the national level (e.g. 5W)
• Work with PM in reviewing the monthly Activity Progress Report (APR).
• Review Cash response program reports submitted by grant
• Ensure that reporting deadlines and reporting quality are met
• Contribute to the development and review of all Guidelines, SOPs, and other key program documents in coordination with Deputy Food Security and Livelihood head of Department and the HOD
VI. Supervisory Responsibilities
VII. Gender Equality Commitments
• Foster an environment that supports the values of women and men, and equal access to information
• Provide a work environment where women and men must be evaluated and promoted based on their skills and performance.
• Respect beneficiaries (women, men, children (boys and girls)) regardless of gender, sexual orientation, disability, religion. race, color, ancestry, national origin, age, or marital status
• Value and respect all cultures.
• Fiscal Responsibility
• Work closely with Deputy Food Security and Livelihood head of Department and the HOD in following up cash and voucher budgets regularly and ensure the utilization of allocated budget in a timely manner and per Action Against Hunger and donor procedures
• Physical Demands
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit for long periods and to concentrate on work, including typing, and turn out heavy volumes of work accurately, within short time frames under stressful situations in the context of a moderately noisy office with many interruptions. Must be able to proofread own work accurately so that only minor corrections are needed on an infrequent basis
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
VIII. Working Conditions, Travel, and Environment
• The duties of the job require regular job attendance at least five days per week. Must be available to work outside normal office hours or on the weekends as required.
• Must be able to travel regularly for standard domestic and international business purposes. While performing the duties of this job in the field, the employee may be exposed to precarious settings under high-security risks and/or very basic living conditions and outside weather conditions, as well as infectious diseases.
I. Job Requirements
Required Qualifications and Professional Experience
• Bachelor Degree in the relevant field of study (Economics, Management, Rural Development , Agricultural Economics and related fields )
• Minimum of 3 years of proven experience in the field of cash and voucher-based programming and project management
• At least one year with a comparable social organization in a similar position, preferably in Emergency response. Knowledge of, and experience with fulfilling key donor requirements.
Required Skills & Competencies
• Trained in CaLP level 1 training
• Experience in using and managing digital platforms, like LMMS, Red rose, and KOBO
• Computer literate in Word, Excel, Outlook, and Microsoft office package
• Excellent English writing skills
• Good understanding of the humanitarian sector (SPHERE standard, guiding principles, donor compliance, etc.)
• Strong communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills (ability to work as part of a team in a multi-cultural team and with different stakeholders
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 12
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Apply in person
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.