Senior Financial Accountant
Jobs at:KAKI PLC
Deadline of this Job:
13 June 2022
Date Posted: Friday, June 03, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
KAKI PLC is an official dealer and assembler of ISUZU vehicles in Ethiopia. It is also engaged in different business lines including import, export, metal fabrication, after sales services, and cargo freight transport operations. The company wishes to employ a qualified professional for the Senior Financial Accountant position:
General Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsible to control and verify financial transactions, reconcile account balances maintain general ledger and prepare month-end close procedures, and produce financial reports while keeping compliance with the IFRS and accounting and financial policies and procedures of the company.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ensure that general accounting operations are verified and controlled as per company policy and procedures and accepted accounting principles.
• Analyze financial transactions and ledger balances and prepare trial balance on that basis.
• Establish a computerized database system into which all accounting data, files and documents will be entered to ensure safety and easy accessibility of those records.
• Check the timely and accurate payment of VAT, withholding tax, payroll tax, pension payment, and other legal obligations.
• Verify, allocate, post and reconcile accounts payable and receivables.
• Produce error-free accounting reports and present their results.
• Analyze financial information and summarize financial status for submission to the top management.
• Spot errors and suggest ways to improve efficiency and spending.
• Review and recommend modifications to accounting systems and procedures as it deems appropriate.
• Prepare financial statements and produce budget according to schedule.
• Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
• Ensure that all types official financial documents and vouchers are properly registered and are available in sufficient quantity.
• Generate a source document for every financial transaction, which is essential to the book-keeping and accounting processes as [it] provides evidence that a financial transaction has occurred.
• Make statement of accounts reconciliation with the accounts of business partners such as customers, suppliers etc. as appropriate.
• Check data entry for its accuracy by reviewing coded documents and journals only by those staff having the required authority to do so.
• Examine and perform proper entry for prepaid expenses, accruals, deferrals and other pending issues at the end of every month.
• Develop, install and maintain proper revenue and expense classification, accumulation and reporting systems, which are necessary to provide details for major sources of revenue and to control operating expenses.
• Prepare and present regular reports about company finances including, debts, deficits, expenditures, and revenue.
• Verify all branch office documents, prepare journal entices in relation to the accounting function, and submit for posting to the ledger account by the encoder.
• Remain up-to-date on practices, accounting systems and procedures, internal control measures, and state and federal laws regarding business operations.
• Prepare periodic reports for submission to the Manager, Cost & Accounts.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Company.
Required Number : 1(One)
Qualification : BA in Finance and Accounting
Work Experience : 6 years in relevant role
• Advanced skill in administration of finance and strong analytical skills.
• Financial performance report writing, inventory control systems and accounting.
• Outstanding knowledge and understanding of IFRS and other relevant laws.
• Knowledge of enterprise resource planning software (ERP).
• Computer skill, excellent written and oral communication skills, English language proficiency.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 6
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested applicants who fulfill the job requirements listed above can submit their application letter, CV’s and testimonials via our e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org in person to the company head office at the following address within 10(six) consecutive days.
Addis Ababa – Ethiopia, Street to Gerji Jackros around Meta Beer Warehouse 350m
on the way to Egziabherab Church in front of mega printing press
For additional information please call us
Tel. No.: +251911515694 or +251911225238 or +2511 667 04 99
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.