Senior Finance Coordinator
Jobs at:First Consult PLC
Deadline of this Job:
14 November 2022
Date Posted: Saturday, November 05, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
About First Consult
• First Consult is a leading economic development consulting firm implementing projects in Ethiopia. Founded in 2006, First Consult (FC) has grown to design and implement projects across the agriculture, manufacturing and service sectors. Our multidisciplinary teams combine a capacity to execute with clarity of the local context. We have delivered at-scale real impact in terms of jobs & wealth creation, business formation & growth, and investment attraction & mobilization.
• The Senior Finance Coordinator will be responsible for managing First Consult’s finances, and supporting field offices by supervising and assisting National Finance Officers in ensuring all financial transactions for the entire First Consult are accounted for and documented accurately. He/she will assist Finance Manager in ensuring that FC accounting procedures are followed and budgets are adhered to as per the different donors reporting requirements and deadlines are met, cash is controlled and accounted for in a timely manner and in accordance with donor and audit requirements. The Senior Finance Coordinator is expected to support smooth project implementation while adhering to the protocols and operating procedures of the organization. S/He is responsible for supporting the finance department to ensure proper accounting services are provided for various projects. In addition to the specific tasks stated below, S/He is expected to contribute fully as a finance team member, properly conducting him/herself at all times as a representative of the team, and is responsible for the safekeeping and care of all program assets assigned to him/her. The Senior Finance Coordinator will report to the Finance Manager and respects the leadership and technical guidance provided by the General Manager and the Operation Lead, and actively contributes to companies’ objectives.
Duties And Responsibilities
• Provide effective oversight to ensure accuracy, compliance with systems and procedures of procurement, travel and transportation, cash management, general and program ledgers, voucher preparation, expense coding and staff advance follow-up and clearance on a timely basis before payments are made;
• Provide oversight to ensure that all financial transactions into First Consult's accounting system (Peachtree) are accurate and are posted promptly;
• Monitor expenditure against budget and prepare budget revisions when needed;
• Prepare quarterly and annual reports to the general manager, operation lead and the leadership;
• Prepare accurate financial reports and statements for weekly and monthly transfers;
• Ensure that expenditures comply with donor and First Consult’s requirements;
• Prepare Financial manuals and provide training for the staff. Facilitation of capacity building and necessary expert knowledge in financial administration and control;
• Ensure that financial procedures are developed for the program and implemented by program staff and partner organizations;
• Monitoring of the realization of payment orders and invoices of contracted parties;
• Maintaining all program accounts in compliance with Ethiopian Law and our Donor’s accountancy rules, including but not limited to the general ledger, cashbook and payroll;
• Serves as responsible part for all banking transactions, financial reporting, issuance of program payments, management and safekeeping of program funds;
• Ensure all records about the project sub-awards transactions are maintained;
• Supervise the petty cash payment & replenishment, staff cash advance and training expenditure reimbursements;
• Support the completion of requests from donors’ office of Financial Management as required, including assistance with audits and reporting;
• Liaise with the bank regarding project financial matters; supervise the end-of-month closing of the accounting records and ensure that balance sheet accounts are properly reconciled, including regional staff advance, tax accounts, bank reconciliation, petty cash; preparation of financial reports including budget tracking, status reports, year-end auditing;
• Support in managing staff payroll and submitting required withholding tax payments and pension contributions to the Government of Ethiopia;
• Lead the financial close-out of projects by ensuring that all financial documentation is collected, collated & organized including all audit files and sensitive information to ensure a timely and smooth closeout process;
• Perform any other duties as may be required by him/her immediate supervisor;
• Perform financial review of Purchase Requests (PRs) ensuring the correctness of coding, and availability of funds.
• Perform financial review of Bid Analysis and other Procurement Documents; to ensure conformity with IRC policies and procedures as well as donor regulations.
• Perform financial review of Payments Requests; ensure the adequacy of supporting documentation and compliance with FC policies and procedures.
• Perform financial review of Travel Authorization, Advances ensuring compliance with FC policies and procedures.
Training & Staff Management
• Develops and implement a training program for the national finance staff to ensure staff development and minimize FC’s exposure when staff are absent or depart.
• Maintains current job descriptions for all positions within the finance group.
• Ensures comprehensive and constructive performance reviews are completed on a timely basis and facilitates discussion of performance and career options with all finance staff.
• Oversees training and technical support to different programs, logistics and administrative staff for skills improvement in the areas of accounting, reporting and internal control.
• Bachelor’s (BA) Degree in Accounting and Finance or relevant Social Science studies from a recognized University/College,
• At least 5 years of proven work experience as a Finance Coordinator or similar role
• Solid knowledge of financial and accounting procedures
• Experience using financial software specifically Peachtree
• Passionate about Finance field and have knowledge of Ethiopian Taxation Law
• Strong command of English and Amharic,
• Good proficiency in Microsoft Office – significant experience with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
• Excellent organizational and time-management skills
• Teamwork skills
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
• First Consult invites all well-qualified candidates to apply. Competent candidates should submit their one-page cover letter and updated CVs only to: email@example.com before November 14, 2022. Candidates MUST refer to the position title "Senior Finance Coordinator" in the subject line of their email and applications.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.