Vacancy title:Senior Admin and Finance Associate[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Financial Services , Category: Accounting & Finance ]
Deadline of this Job:17 July 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, July 07, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Administrative and Finance Associate is located in the Addis Ababa, Ethiopia Country Office (CO) and reports to the Operations Analyst and under the overall guidance of the International Operations Manager.
How you can make a difference:
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person's potential is fulfilled. UNFPA’s new strategic plan (2018-2021), focuses on three transformative results: to end preventable maternal deaths; end unmet need for family planning; and end gender-based violence and harmful practices.
In a world where fundamental human rights are at risk, we need principled and ethical staff, who embody these international norms and standards, and who will defend them courageously and with full conviction.
UNFPA is seeking candidates that transform, inspire and deliver high impact and sustained results; we need staff who are transparent, exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to deliver excellence in programme results.
The Administrative and Finance Associate delivers quality financial services and office operations support to internal and external clients mastering all relevant rules, guidelines, processes and procedures. S/he takes a client-oriented results-focused approach to interpreting the rules, procedures and guidelines, providing support and guidance to the CO and UNFPA-supported projects.
The Administrative and Finance Associate supervises administrative and clerical staff at the CO. Internal contacts include the International Operations Manager, the CO’s senior management team, the CO’s operations team, and the CO’s programme/ technical team.
• Supports the monitoring of programme financial performance for all core and non-core resources by providing necessary financial information and analysis, including implementation rate against indicators/results. Detects potential over/ under expenditure problems and proposes remedial action.
• Develops tools and mechanisms for effective and efficient monitoring of programme and project budgets, coordinates compilation of financial data and provides accurate and up-dated financial information and reports to CO’s managers, HQs, Regional Office and donors, on a continuous basis.
• Interprets financial policies and procedures and provides guidance and training to staff and project managers. Strives to identify ways in which programme financial needs can be met within existing policies.
• Assists in the management of the Country Office budget by budget formulation, controlling allotments, monitoring expenditures, and preparing revisions according to the needs of the Country Office. Conducts regular review of budget allocation and expenditures to ensure charging of transactions to proper fund codes.
• Maintains an effective financial recording and reporting system, internal control and audit follow-up.
• Processes payment vouchers and other financial transactions in timely manner and ensures accuracy of computation, chart of accounts and attachment of required documents; and liaises with UNDP to verify financial transactions are made on time, including the refund of money deposited in UNDP’s account.
• Reviews and monitors charges for common services and cost recovery taking into account maximum cost efficiency and represents UNFPA’s interests in related negotiations and agreements.
• Prepares accurate financial accountability checklists on monthly and quarterly basis to comply with financial accountability obligations and retain the records for audit purposes. Follows up to ensure outstanding financial items are acted upon. Ensures that financial and operational dashboards are free of errors and/or unresolved items.
• Reviews and processes fund advances (Operating Fund Account - OFA) to implementing partners (IPs) on a timely manner, as well as liquidations. Reviews their financial reports and supporting documentation to ensure compliance with work plans, and relevant policies and procedures. Carries out OFA reconciliations and does timely follow up with IPs for correction and refund of outstanding amounts as necessary.
• Carries out regular field finance monitoring visits (spots checks) to the IPs as part of the financial and operational assurance activities plan. Provides capacity building to project staff at Implementing Partner (IP) level to ensure proper management of programme funds. Follows up with IPs the implementation of the audit recommendations and micro assessment recommendations.
• Monitors travel advances released to the UNFPA and non UNFPA staff and settlement of F10 claims, ensuring proper per diem and travel entitlements computation, completion of mission reports, boarding passes, and tickets and supporting documents.
• Provides full support to staff on troubleshooting and technical issues related to the corporate financial and operational system (ERP).
• Coordinates the roles and tasks of all finance staff under the overall guidance of the International Operations Manager.
Office Operations Support:
• Supports the International Operations Manager in his/her role of Office Security Focal Point and ensures that the Country Office is in compliance with the Minimum Operating Security Standards and Residential Security Measures.
• Ensures proper operations and maintenance of the office building, project offices and facilities.
• Supports the Operations Manager with the supervision of drivers and clerical staff.
• Ensures daily update of vehicle log books and other records as mandated in the vehicle usage policy.
• Ensures timely and regular repairs and maintenance of the county office’s fleet of vehicles.
• Backstop the HR Associate in recruitment and selection processes applying best practices HR tools and mechanisms, advises and briefs managers and project personnel on different types of contracting modalities, HR policies and benefits, coordinates the PAD process and advises on performance issues.
• Completed Secondary Level Education required, preferably with a focus on accounting, finance, business administration or related fields.
• A university degree at bachelor level in related field is desirable.
• Accounting, finance, business administration or related fields.
Knowledge and experience:
• Seven years of relevant experience in administration, finance or office management.
• Experience with UN finance, procurement and contracting regulations and procedures will be a decided advantage.
• Excellent working knowledge of MS Office (in particular, applications related to database and data analysis), Atlas (PeopleSoft or alternatively Oracle), E-filing system and other software applications is required.
• Fluency in English and Amharic is required.
• Exemplifying integrity,
• Demonstrating commitment to UNFPA and the UN system,
• Embracing cultural diversity,
• Embracing change Functional Competencies:
o Managing the organization’s financial resources
o Providing procurement services
o Ensuring facilities and assets management
• Achieving results,
• Being accountable,
• Developing and applying professional expertise/business acumen,
• Thinking analytically and strategically,
• Working in teams/managing ourselves and our relationships,
• Communicating for impact
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 84
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified applicant can apply through: Senior Admin and Finance Associate, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, GS-7 - UNFPA Careers (oraclecloud.com )
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.