Senior Accounts & Reconciliation Officer
Jobs at:ZamZam Bank
Deadline of this Job:
13 November 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, November 03, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• ZamZam Bank S C is the first bank licensed to operate as full-fledged Interest Free Bank in the country shouldering a huge responsibility for enhancing financial inclusion in Ethiopia. To this effect the Bank would like to recruit qualified job applicants for the following vacant posts and invite interested applicants who fulfill the minimum qualification and work experience listed for the job openings.
Major duties & responsible
• Plans, organizes, directs, coordinates and controls the overall accounting activities of the Bank.
• Ensures that the accounting systems of the Bank comply with the IFRS.
• Verifies the correctness of cash, general ledger account balance
• Follows up the status of accounts receivables, and other collections and payables and advises.
• Reviews ledger accounts, track balances for correctness and prepares an interim annual financial statement and closes
• Books of accounts on the end of every fiscal period.
• Facilitates audit activities, submits timely financial reports and provides required data and information that may be required by auditors, implements auditor’s recommendations.
• Examines and checks all registers for correctness and journalizes the register totals for general ledger posting; reconciles monthly totals of subsidiary ledger balances with general ledger balances, consolidates and prepares Trial Balance.
• Closes books of accounts, and prepares financial statements (income statement, balance sheets, etc.) periodically.
• Evaluates the operational performance of each branch cost centre and advises the Finance Director on the status.
• Reconciles accounts with Debtor and Creditors
• Certifies correctness of all payment voucher, checks, petty cash payment vouchers, petty cash replenishment summaries, etc.
• Checks and certifies correctness of payroll, travel allowances, per diems and related payments.
• Performs other related duties as assigned
Number of vacant posts: One
Minimum qualification and work experience
• B.A Degree in Accounting/Finance fields with 4 years of Bank experience as a Sr. Accountant at head office level
• Training & work experience on Core banking system
• Training & experience on IFRS
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
• Interested applicants who fulfill the minimum qualifications and work experience shall send their updated CV along with application letter, educational credentials and experience letter within 10 days from the date of announcement.
• The applicant shall send documents through firstname.lastname@example.org in pdf format.
• On the subject line of the email, the applicant shall clearly write the “position and place of work”. Your application will be automatically disqualified, if you fail to do so.
• NB :. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.