Jobs at:Woda Metal Industry PLC
Deadline of this Job:
05 November 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, October 26, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Under the supervision of Head, Finance, establishes, operates, monitors and periodically summarizes financial operations and performance of the company; handles all financial transactions i.e. recording, summarizing and reporting in the form of regular financial reports for review by management.
Duties and responsibilities
Checks and initials on documents prepared by subordinates;
• Verifies that expenditures are justified, procedures are followed and charged to appropriate accounts;
• Passes over, CRV’s and CPV's checked, together with the necessary supporting documents to his/her immediate supervisor;
• Makes sure transactions are recorded/data entered in the accounting software;
• Prepare adjustments, if any, after checking postings to ledgers;
• Matches petty cash analysis sheet totals with the petty cash report and request form;
• Records insurance claims in the claims memorandum register;
• Verities timeliness and correctness of bank reconciliation statements, agreement of month end balance of memorandum bank book with bank general ledger account;
• Verities the correctness of cash, general ledger account balance with balance carried forward according to the month end cash collection and deposit report;
• Checks and verifies the accuracy of payroll;
• Verifies that all unpaid salaries are returned to the cashier and deposited; journalizes payroll fund account;
• Follows up that taxes and insurance payments and collection are handled on time; verifies that insurance claims are submitted in respect of all missing/damaged goods and checks correctness of claim computations;
• Assists in preparing quarterly and annual statements needed to show the financial position and operations of WODA and such other financial statements/reports as requested;
• Performs other related duties as required.
Responsibility work process planning and /or decision
• Responsible for planning and execution of financial operations programs under his supervision and is responsible for all finance related work done by subordinates.
Work of others
• He /she is responsible for work of subordinates.
Levels of Supervision
• Directly supervises work of subordinates.
Responsibility for Cash
• Responsibility for all cash as assigned by department
Materials, instruments and other assets
• Responsible for all materials and assets under his custody.
Confidentiality of information
• Responsible for identifying and ensuring the confidentiality of critical financial information related to his work and others that he comes across which are considered to have effect on company business.
Independence at work
• Fully independent except periodic reporting and receiving of guidance from Head receipt & disbursement section and Finance Manager through Receipt and Disbursement section head.
Internal work relations
• Internally his/her work is strongly related to all departments and services.
• Externally he/she has no direct work relation unless delegated by superiors.
visual and mental effort
• He/she makes maximum mental & visual effort while planning and executing routine work, report generation.
• He/she makes moderate level of physical effort while visiting work related sections/sites, while traveling from home to office and Head office to Factory site and vice versa.
Exposure to Hazard
• Job is performed in a conducive work area and there is little disagreeableness
Exposure to Hazard
• Exposed to road accident
Knowledge, Ability and Skill
• B.A. in Accounting
• 5 years and above as an accountant
• Knowledge of accounting principles and practices
• Knowledge of corporate financial, accounting policies and procedures
• Knowledge of analytical method, and processes
• Ability to identify and resolve accounting problems
• Ability to compile financial statements
• Skills in communication and report writing
• Skill of using computers and peripherals
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Apply in person Address: Bole near to Tele Medhanialem, Medhanialem, Warka tower 12th floor
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.