Jobs at:Shayashone Trading PLC
Deadline of this Job:
20 June 2022
Date Posted: Friday, June 10, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Main accountabilities of the position
• The Senior Accountant has overall roles and responsibility of ensuring the proper financial accounting and compliance as well as ensuring providing the management with good accounting information as and when needed.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
Financial Control and Compliance
• Ensures all expenditures comply with requirements of the Ethiopian Revenue and Customs Authority and other Project Partner as well as adhere with the Consolidated SYS Financial Manual.
• Verify correctness of cost/expense documents and ensure that payment requests are sufficiently supported by source documents and required authorizations are in place. S/he shall also be responsible effect all payment request in time.
• Responsible for accurate and timely posting of all financial transactions within SYS and ensures the application of proper accounting controls and uniformity with financial regulation, rules and policies and procedures.
• Responsible for all financial and management reports (reconciliation, cash flow analyses, balance sheet and fund utilization etc) for SYS (monthly, quarterly and annually) and ensure proper reconciliation of accounts on time in full.
• Ensures statutory tax obligations (VAT, Withholding and employee income tax and others) are timely and accurately settled. S/he shall also be responsible for supporting annual external audit of the partnership.
• Monitor the fund budget and ensure accurate accounting, authorization and internal procedure.
• Ensure the reports has been made in accordance with the donor reporting format and standard
• Oversees the timely preparation, review and approval of all monthly bank account and cash reconciliations.
• Ensures compliances related to advance payments, credit terms, and use of bank payment instruments.
• Forecasts of cash requirements for meeting future spending, including commitments entered into and which obligate SYS to future spending.
• Budget and Reporting
• Provide all the necessary data for annual budgeting on time in full and assist the financial manager in preparation of the budget.
• Assist SYS in accounting and procurement of goods and services in line with rules and regulations.
• Assist the Finance Manager in budgetary review of plan vs actual and presentation of actual to budget expenditures to the management and partners.
• Assist the Finance Manager for timely delivery of all financial reports to meet statutory, donor and project coordination and management units.
• Leadership and Management Competences
• Excellent communication and facilitation skills.
• Ability to build a shared vision on the financial system serving the SYS requirements.
• Mastery in demonstrating personal effectiveness and delivering results in teamwork
• Outstanding skills in planning, organizing and reporting
• Strong analytical and critical reasoning and problem solving.
• Good understanding of cross-cultural working practices.
• Being proactive and regularly seek to identify and communicate potential problems and propose solutions to the appropriate level of management.
• Ability to perform under stress with minimal supervision and able to handle multiple tasks at a time in calm and organized manner. Have an attitude stimulating integration of diversity and inclusiveness
• Reports to the Finance Manager
• Communicates with staff of all business functions and sister companies.
• keep Communication with the partners
• Represents the SYS with Banking Managers, local government staff (taxation and regulation related) and External Auditors.
Benefits and compensation
• Negotiable and attractive package.
• Mastery in Peachtree accounting soft ware and MS Excel.
• Strong quantitative analyses skills
• Able to coach junior accountants and the other financial staff of the projects and partners.
• Able to understand contract and procurement procedures and align finance operations in accordance.
Education, work experience and language
• BA in Accounting and related fields.
• 3 to 7 years of hands on experience in accounting and finance. Knowledge of finance in development cooperation in agricultural development and agribusiness or project management is a plus.
• Extensive experience in working with computerized accounting systems, standard spreadsheet and database programs.
• Proficiency in Spoken and Witten English and Amharic languages is a must.
• Female applicants are highly encouraged.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
• if you are interested to join our team. Please send us only your CV and application letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Cc: email@example.com
• Cc: - firstname.lastname@example.org
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.