Jobs at:Nikat Charitable Association
Deadline of this Job:
25 November 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, November 16, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
ABOUT NIKAT CHARITABLE ASSOCIATION
Nikat Charitable Association (Nikat) is the only sex workers-led organization (NGO) in Ethiopia, established in April 2010 by 5 women formerly involved in transactional sex. Nikat is registered as an Ethiopian Residents Charity with license number 1758 as per the legislation 621/2009. Nikat however, was first established as a CBO in 2006 named as “Nikat Women’s Association” and in 2010 it graduated to NGO: making the association pioneer in its field.
Nikat is the winner of the “2010 Red Ribbon Award”, on the XVII International AIDS Conference, organized by UNAIDS in collaboration with Letiner Center, The Global Fund and Irish Aid, which was held in Vienna, Austria. Nikat received the award for its outstanding community leadership in reaching HIV+ girls, men and women involved in transactional sex.
Currently Nikat has 5 permanents and 10 temporary employees. Nikat is established with the endeavor to fight against poverty and HIV/AIDS in Ethiopia. It has been focused on reducing the transmission of HIV/STIs among Most at Risk People (MARPs) including sex workers and their clients, out-of-school youth, long distance truck drivers, People living with HIV (PLHIV) through the following programs:
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The Senior Accountant is responsible for ensuring proper support to program and finance team, follow up on project budget utilizations, review project financial transactions, ensuring compliance with budget conditions relating to finance, perform project financial analysis, ongoing project budget management,
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Ensure accuracy and correctness of month-end bank and cash reconciliation and subsequent filing (soft and hard copy) and communicate to the Head of Finance.
• Assist the program department staff in project finance management
• Assist, as appropriate, the Project Finance Head in preparation of budget monitoring reports.
• Assure that proper records of income and expenditures are kept.
• Keep historical financial records in accordance with local document retention laws
• Provide regular financial updates during project review meetings.
• Assist, as appropriate, in preparation of donor financial reports in consultation with Project Managers and the Finance Head;
• Review regular project activity based budget request and facilitate their payment and transfers.
• Ensure that project level cash and bank balances don’t exceed the acceptable / authorized cash levels at all times. Report any irregularities to the line manager/s.
• Perform monthly Balance Sheet accounts reconciliations in coordination with the Finance Manager.
• Contribute to the improvement of the finance systems and working standards.
• Be part of project audit process as well as in the annual general audit of the organization.
• Provide support in monitoring procurements.
These essential functions are not to be interpreted as a complete statement of all duties performed. Employees will be required to perform other job-related duties as required. All work responsibilities are subject to having performance goals and/or targets established.
REPORTS TO: Head of Finance
LOCATION: Addis Ababa with some travels to field offices
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Contractual basis
• BA/Diploma in the area of finance/accounting and related fields
• 3 plus years of relevant experience
• NGO Experience is an asset
• Skills in project budgeting and maintaining project accounts
• Working under pressure
• A high level of attention to detail and problem-solving skill
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Proven numeracy and data analysis skills
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Those who meet the above requirements should submit their short CV (maximum of 4 pages) and a cover letter (maximum 1 page) addressing firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com with the subject Project Accountant by 25 November 2022.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.