Vacancy title: Senior Accountant[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Trade , Category: Accounting & Finance ]
Jobs at: Highlight Trading
Deadline of this Job:
02 July 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, June 22, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Highlight Trading is a leading, profitable business company in Ethiopia. After its establishment in 2008, it quickly invested in different sectors like telecommunications, Manufacturing, Import-Export, High-end Printing, etc. In January 2019 the company became a super distributor of Ethio telecom scratch voucher cards and in one year, it sold 169 million voucher cards (VC) with a value of around 2.1 billion birrs.
• Plan, install, implement, and advise on budgets, accounts control, and other accounting systems for the company;
• Establish and maintain an up-to-date and reliable financial management system;
• Prepares monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports and regularly updates the management concerning the financial status of the company
• Prepares, reviews, and validates payment vouchers and invoices for accuracy and
• reconcile discrepancies
• Approves all payments after approval and after compiling and verifying the accuracy of necessary documents
• Prepares payment vouchers, and journal entries and reconciles general ledger and subsidiary accounts
• Prepare and facilitate payroll preparation process and all related payments
• Prepare year-end accounts closure and support the process of internal /external Audits.
• Coordinate and supervises accounting and financial management-related activities of the company
• Facilitate the completion of annual audited company financial statements;
• Guide and provide technical support to the company’s Finance officers;
• Ensure that accounting records are maintained and financial reports are prepared on schedule,
• Prepare quarterly reports to the finance department Managers/Managing Directors and General Managers
• Providing financial reports and interpreting financial information to managerial staff
• Oversee operations of the finance department, set goals and objectives, and design a framework for these to be met,
• Prepares and submits periodic performance reports of the department,
• Reviews bank reconciliations and track the updates; identify unreconciled differences and investigate the outstanding payment and receipts /deposits.
• Evaluate and analyze the financial part of the proforma invoice or bid document.
Term of Employment: Permanent
No. Required: 2(Two)
Qualification and Experience
• BSC Degree in Accounting and Finance from a recognized University
• 4 Years and Above practical Experience
• Good Experience of Peachtree, IFRS, Excel
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Candidates who are interested and fulfill the requirements shall submit their applications/motivation letters along with their updated CV via email at – email@example.com.In the subject line of your email, please mentionthe position you are applying for.
Note: Use "Senior Accountant" as the subject line of your email !
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.