Jobs at:Ethiopian School Meal Initiatives
Deadline of this Job:
08 November 2022
Date Posted: Saturday, October 29, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• ልጆች ባሉበት ሁሉ ምግብ ይኑር!
• Let there be food wherever Children are!
• Ethiopia School Meal Initiative (ESMI), is a local NGO, non-political and non-denominational organization working to advance holistic, integrated multi-sectorial school meal program in Ethiopia and to address the nutritional needs of school children. Our guiding philosophy upholds that in order to effectively ensure sustainable development, you must invest on school age children. Job Summary:
• The Senior Accountant is responsible for managing all financial activities contributing to the achievement of ESMI overall objectives. S/he is directly responsible for implementation of all financial activities and the enhancement of support to staffs capacities throughout the process. She/he is also responsible for maintaining accurate and complete record in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and ESMI Accounting and Financial Policies and Procedures of ESMI.
Responsibilities And Tasks:
• Develop work plans at unit and individual level;
• Designs and uses sound internal financial control system to safe guard assets, records and documents of the organization;
• Ensures an efficient and effective financial delivery that will enhance the image of ESMI;
• Ensures the communication of finance policies and procedures within the organization, and with other stakeholders; • Ensures adherence to organizational polices procedures and guidelines;
• Supervises and checks all financial activities including payments, transfers of funds, payroll, controlling cash and other current accounts, bank reconciliation statements, liabilities for correctness & timely delivered;
• Checks and ascertains the accuracy and validity of invoices/documents submitted for payment; records invoices and arranges payments;
• Checks that payment requests are made according to agreement and from the appropriate fund;
Ascertains that program/project payments are made within the grant period and per approved budget line items;
• Checks the replenishment of the petty cash fund and arrange disbursements;
• Ensures that required documentation and authorization is present to effect payment;
• Ensures the timely settlement of ESMI obligations (taxes, provident fund etc.);
• Ensures that all financial transactions analysis codes and associated and account code have been set using ESMI chart of accounts;
• Close accounts monthly and facilitate year-end financial closing activities
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48 00:00:00 Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
• Emergency project: only will be on air for 7 working days.
• The closing date for the application is after seven working days announcement. Qualified candidates should submit the application through firstname.lastname@example.org . For those who can apply physically you can submit your application letter, CV, credentials at Sekota, ESMI office Contact-0904557977, Bahir Dar behind ANRS Sport commission next to Tana Flora PLC-Contact-0937406828
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.