Roving Finance Officer
Jobs at:Engender Health
Deadline of this Job:
30 June 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, June 22, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
EngenderHealth envisions a gender-equal world where all people achieve their sexual and reproductive health and rights. We believe this is essential for ensuring all people can achieve their full potential. To achieve this vision, we implement high-quality, gender-equitable programs that advance sexual and reproductive health and rights
The Roving Finance Officer (RFO) will have overall responsibility for facilitating the financial activities of the organization, which requires extensive accounting experience, knowledge, and understanding of agency policies, practices, and the unit’s goals in a teamwork environment. The position holder will be responsible for preparing and reviewing transactions to ensure they comply with EngenderHealth financial policies especially as to coding, accuracy, and completeness. The staff under the guidance of the Finance Manager will have functional supporting and matrix management role into field finance team in guiding, capacitating, and following up on their performance and delivery of required service together with their program managers who have a direct supervisory role to field finance team. The RFO will also review field financial reports at the central office level.
• Conducts monitoring visits to all assigned filed office locations, supervises financial records, and gives technical support to the field finance team at each location.
• Conducts surprise cash counts at field sites and reconciles physical count with the balance in the cash book, investigates and reports any discrepancies.
• Reviews fund request received from field offices and pay frequent visits to sites to provide required technical assistance.
• Develops the capacity of the field finance team and provides on-the-job training.
• Ensures that all cash operation procedures and internal controls of EngenderHealth are strictly followed by field offices during his/her visit.
• Reports to the Finance Manager and irregularities that occur within the field office on policies and procedures.
• Ensures that donor financial regulations and local government requirements are strictly adhered to in the day-to-day activity of the unit.
• Always ensures the integrity of the organization’s financial and accounting systems.
• Makes sure that all financial transactions are carried out and recorded in accordance with standard financial procedures.
• Prepares journal entries and reconciles general ledger and subsidiary accounts and posts data into EngenderHealth accounting system.
• Ensures that supporting documents/signatures are valid.
• Prepares cheques/payment orders and ensures that they are properly delivered.
• Prepares monthly payment of taxes, pension, and provident funds.
• Tracks advance balances travel advances and expense report submissions.
• Reviews end-of-month financial reports and documents received from regions for accuracy and completeness and communicates and follows up on corrective actions taken on the feedback to the Regional Finance team.
• Assists in the preparation of monthly budget vs actual reports.
• Handles per-diem and other workshop/training-related payments as assigned.
• Assists in the coordination of internal and external audits.
• Serves as custodian of petty cash and maintains cash register book if assigned.
• Prepares petty cash payment voucher, obtains approval, and effect payment.
• Assists in the preparation of monthly financial statements including monthly revenue and expenditures reports.
• Assists in the preparation of Pipeline Analysis update received from Home Office & reconciles with in-country records.
• Maintains stock cards and reconcile stock card against bin card and reports on the possible variances and possible actions.
• Responsible to keep custody of active checkbooks and cash when assigned.
• Ensures financial documents/accounting records are always complete, up to date, orderly, well-kept, and readily available for reference when required.
• As required, the RFO will replace the field office finance and admin officer for a short-term period.
• Assists in empowering and enabling staff in all financial activities and systems,
• Assists in the orientation of new staff on EngenderHealth finance systems.
• Provides support to the office in all other financial matters.
• Carries out any other related assignment as assigned by supervisors.
• BA degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Management, or related field from a recognized university or professional institution.
• Minimum of (4) four years of financial responsibility experience in INGO.
• Auditing experience.
Essential Soft Skills
• Committed to EngenderHealth’s core organizational values of reflection, inclusion, integrity, respect, and transformation.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
• Honest, dependable, discrete, disciplined, with integrity, energetic.
• Ability to give attention to detail and have an enthusiastic approach to work.
• Ability to work under minimum supervision.
• Ability to effectively work in a team.
• Willingness to work under pressure.
Preferred Skills, Abilities, And Functions
• Ability to plan, organize, prioritize activities, and work under pressure.
• Good knowledge of ledger entries in QuickBooks or Peachtree software is mandatory.
• Willingness to travel to field offices.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and well-qualified can submit their application and CV through the Engender Health website http://www.engenderhealth.org before the deadline. Please note that there is no need to attach your credentials at this stage.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply for this position.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.