Program Assistant, Ethiopia Country Program
Jobs at:Program for Appropriate Technologies in Health (PATH)
Deadline of this Job:
08 November 2022
Date Posted: Saturday, October 29, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
• PATH seeks to hire a Program Assistant for the USAID-funded targeted and tailored vaccine support activity in Ethiopia.
• The Program Assistant will provide overall program support to the program team. S/he will coordinate workshops, meetings travel and logistics. S/he will also be reviewing and finalizing project documents and reports and other administrative tasks as needed.
Required Number: Two
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
Specific Responsibilities include:
• Provide administrative support in the preparation of project work plans, budgets and proposals and project implementation arrangements.
• Follow up with the team on the regular update of the monthly and quarterly deliverable tracking tools.
• Assist in processing project agreements, subcontracts, and consultant agreements.
• Undertake all logistical, administrative, and financial arrangements for organizing of meetings, workshops, trainings, and different events.
• Make travel arrangements for the project team, including travel advance and settlements, air ticket booking, and vehicle booking.
• Create purchase requisitions (PR) for procurement of goods and services and follow-up with the delivery of goods and services.
• Support the registration of new contracts and vendors and ensure expenditures are aligned with budget lines.
• Provide administrative support in the synthesis of lessons learnt and best practices related to project management.
• Assist the team in holding regular project team meetings and take minutes of the meetings and follow-up with the team members on implementations agreed action points.
• Keep an updated physical and digital archive of all project documentation/ knowledge products.
• Draft correspondence to donors, partners, and collaborators including cover letters, thank-you letters, and general email correspondence.
• Perform other job-related duties as assigned
Required Skills and Experience:
• Degree Accounting, Management, Business Administration, or related field with at least 5 years of experience
• Excellent communication and computer skills
• Experience working with International NGOs and donors such as USAID is preferred
• Fluency in English and Amharic is required
• Ability and willingness to travel.
• Articulate communicator, excellent written and verbal communication skills with strong interpersonal and presentation skills.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other Microsoft packages,
• Strong organizational skills, ability to work independently
• Fluency in written and spoken English and Amharic.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60 00:00:00 Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
• Please use the following link: Program Assistant to apply. Or Search under the following website: http://www.path.org/jobs
• Application deadline is 10 days after the date of this vacancy announcement. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
• PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
• PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
• *PATH has become aware of scams involving false job offers. *
• Please be advised:
• PATH will never ask for a fee during any stage of the recruitment process.
• All active jobs are advertised directly on our career's page.
• Official PATH emails will always arrive from an @path.org or @silkroad.com address.
• Please report any suspicious communications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.