Request For Expressions Of Interest - Recruitment of Procurement Specialist At Entrepreneurship Development Institute (EDI)REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
(CONSULTING SERVICES -INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANT SELECTION)
The Woman Entrepreneurship Development Project (WEDP) operating under the Entrepreneurship Development Institute (EDI), is a National Urban project covering 18 cities (Addis Ababa, Diredawa, Adama, Bahirdar, Mekele, Hawasa, Assela,Axume, Dila,Gonder, Shashemene,Welayta Sodo, Jima, Arba-minch, Nekemt, Dessie, Debremarkos and Shire).
WEDP has three components: (1) Access to microfinance; (2) Entrepreneurial skills, technology; and (3) Project Management, Advocacy and Outreach, Monitoring and Evaluation and Impact Evaluation.
The objective of WEDP is to increase the earnings and employment capacity of women-oriented MSEs in targeted cities. This will be achieved by: (i) tailoring financial instruments to the needs of the participants and ensuring availability of finance; and (ii) developing the entrepreneurial and technical competencies skills of the target group and supporting cluster, technology and product development for their businesses. The project beneficiaries are existing and new micro and small enterprises owned or partly owned by women in the targeted cities who credibly and clearly demonstrate their potential and desire to grow. Similar Jobs in EthiopiaLearn more about Entrepreneurship Development Institute Entrepreneurship Development Institute jobs in EthiopiaThe procurement Specialist among others will have the following duties and responsibilities:
• Initiate procurement requirements by different stakeholders and prepare Annual Procurement Plans in consultation with the concerned stakeholders.
• Develop systems and procedures of procurement and give advice to all implementing organizations to ensure that procurement is carried out according to World Bank and Government guidelines and procedures.
• Consult suppliers and/or catalogue to obtain information on quality and availability of products and services available.
• Following the World Bank Standard Bidding Documents, prepare bid documents and cleared with IDA.
• Float tender and collect bid documents and prepare relevant paper work for evaluation by Tender Committee.
• Coordinate Tender/Evaluation Committee meetings, participate in tender evaluation and negotiation process and prepare evaluation reports and minutes.
• Prepare contract agreements for staff.
• Complete and forward purchase orders or contracts to suppliers or consultants; negotiate and follow-up as required.
• Receive bid bond, Performa invoice and performance bond and ensure their validity and timely release.
• Follow-up all necessary process of the National /Commercial Bank of Ethiopia including applying for foreign exchange, Letter of Credit, shipping document etc. and that of the World Bank including applying for special commitment letter, withdrawal applications etc.
• Establish Procurement tracking system and monitor project procurement activities including dispatch of procurement documents; short-landings, damages and necessary arrangements for insurance.
• Insure timely receipt of Invoices, reports and goods.
• Develop, install and maintain reporting system for procurement of goods, consultants, works and non-consultant services at national level.
• Prepare periodic status reports on the procurement of goods, consultants, and works and non-consultant services under the project for submittal to EDI and the World Bank.
• Coordinate and conduct procurement training workshops for staff at all levels.
• Perform any other project related duties as assigned
In addition to the above-mentioned activities, the procurement specialist will perform other related and relevant assignments of the EDI
The duration of assignment will be for one-year contract, with a possibility of extension upon satisfactory performance of the specialist.
Project: Women Entrepreneurship Development Project
Loan/Grant Number IDA-51120
Assignment Title: Recruitment of Procurement specialist
Ref #. ET-FUJCFSA-222735-CS-CDS
• BA/MA degree in Procurement, Finance, Business, human resource management or Commerce
• 12 years for BA 10 years for MA general experience ; and not less than 3 years’ experience in world bank finance projects;
• Knowledge of all major facets of Bank operations and procurement policies and practices, and procurement related legislation, system and practices.
• Good report writing and presentation skill as well as adequate computer skills , strong ability in HR management and spotting talent
• Good working knowledge of written and spoken English.
• High integrity and adherence to rules, regulations, and relevant laws.How to Apply
Expressions of interest (including recent and compressive CV with a letter of application and other relevant supporting documents) must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by mail, or apply on ethiojobs.net) by June 27, 2022 on or before 4:00pm.
Note: Use "Request For Expressions Of Interest - Recruitment of Procurement Specialist" as the subject line of your email !
Entrepreneurship Development Institute now invites eligible individual consultants/Specialists to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. The shortlisting criteria are: Qualification and Experience as environmental and social safeguard specialist in public projects and specifically in World Bank financed projects and their capability on the basis of academic background, general and relevant experience, and knowledge of local condition.
Background, general and relevant experience, and knowledge of local condition.
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to Section III paragraph 3.16 and 3.17 of The World Bank Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers Procurement In Investment Project Financing Goods, Works, Non-Consulting and Consulting Services (recent Edition) (“Procurement Regulation”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
A Consultant will be selected in accordance to Section VII para 7.34 to 7.39 of The World Bank Procurement Regulation based on qualification and relevant experience of the applicants to the assignment.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours from 8:30 am to 12:30 in the morning and from 1:30 to 5:30 pm local time in the afternoon.
Entrepreneurship Development InstituteAround: Kasanchis Nega City Mall 3rd floor
Telephone number: +251 115571150