Jobs at:Shemu PLC
Deadline of this Job:
12 August 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, August 03, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Shemu Group is a conglomerate of companies composed of Shemu PLC, Asveza Ethiopia Retailing Share Company, S-boom Agro-Processing and other functional companies with a fast growing track record of accomplishment. The Companies in Shemu Group are engaged in merchandise, retail, import-export, manufacturing(liquid soap, bar soap, Edible oil and shortening products), agriculture, renewable energy & service sectors that provides the society a sustainable solution services and products. Based on this, our sister Company, Green Transport Service PLC, want to hire competent, energetic, enthusiastic and capable applicants for the post we have. Being the pioneer Electrical Vehicles(EVs) Ride Company in Africa, duties expected from the incumbent is described below.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manages incoming payments, properly tracking them into the system to maintain accurate bookkeeping records;
• Filing of customer invoices, sales contracts and credit notes;
• Maintain bookkeeping databases and spreadsheets, updating information as needed;
• Communicate with previous clients and customers to request payment and arrange payment plans;
• Collect payment from customers and accurately record it into the system;
• Update client accounts based on payment or contact information;
• Minimize credit exposure by reviewing new and existing customer accounts to set credit limits and credit terms;
• Prepare and circulate monthly collection targets and update Management on collections on a weekly basis;
• Ensure customer queries/disputes are resolved in good time to facilitate collection of outstanding debt;
• Daily matching of customer receipts with remittance advice and updating the allocation in the customer account;
• Receive process and file withholding VAT certificates from customers and reconcile to Tax ledger;
• Process all manual invoices into the system and ensure they are properly filed;
• Recommend legal action for delinquent customers;
• Circulation of customer statements & reminder letters after 60 and 90 days;
• Regular reconciliation of customer accounts;
• Highlight to management problem accounts and recommend appropriate action;
• performing other duties as assigned.
• BA degree in Accounting, Management from a recognized university;
• Four years work experience in a busy Finance office handling credit control;
• Computer literacy, experience in using computer systems, Word and Excel;
• Good understanding of financial accounting and business processes.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
• Interested applicants who fulfill the stated requirements can submit their application letter, CV, and relevant credentials with non-returnable photocopies in person within Five(05) consecutive working days to Shemu Group Corporate Office located around Kality Total, in front of Kality Metals Factory, Shemu Group Corporate Office 2nd floor Or through email stating “ Receivable Accountant” in the subject line through email firstname.lastname@example.org in a single pdf file attachment.
• Email applicants who do not follow the application instruction will NOT be considered.
• Shemu Management Consultants PLC
• Green Transport Services PLC
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.