Vacancy title: RESTART: Emergency Initiative to Support Migrants, Returnees and Vulnerable Communities in Addis Ababa and South Wollo[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Nonprofit, and NGO , Category: Management ]
Jobs at: Lay Volunteers International Association
Deadline of this Job:
10 July 2022
Date Posted: Saturday, July 02, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Implementing partners: CIFA (lead) and LVIA. Funded by AICS (Italian Agency for Development Cooperation)
Rural Development and Livelihood Project Manager
• The Rural Development and Livelihood project Manager will be responsible for the overall implementation of the emergency intervention and coordinate the WASH,agriculture Nutrition activities and all other relative activities of the project
• Organize and oversee the overall internal regular planning, follow-up and implementation of the planned activities
• Monitor progress on the delivery of all project activities and ensure that objectives are being met on time and on scope per agreed work plan.
• Supports LVIA and partner staff in the field by facilitating the exchange of information and of results among the working group
• Develop strong partnerships and ensure effective coordination with local authorities and other stakeholders
• Oversees and coordinates with project partners the monitoring of the progress and quality of activities of relevance to LVIA through periodic monitoring and evaluation of the visits, including providing technical advice, ensuring that objectives are met and that indicators are measured throughout the life cycle of the program.
• Ensures that local authorities and communities are meaningfully engaged in the project development, particularly for the LVIA component
• Work with technical staff and partners to ensure the planned project activities accomplished, in accordance with the standard set in the project document
• Follow up and update activity implementation progress against workplan
• Prepare field activity reports and minutes
• Request periodic budget of the project on timely basis and ensure the allocated budget is utilized for the intended purpose
• He/she is responsible for quarterly analysis of project budget, target settings, review expenditures with other LVIA staffs and other consortium partners, especially on burn rate and variances
• Actively participate and support concerned staffs of LVIA in conducting need assessments and writing concept notes and proposals
• In collaboration with LVIA Ethiopia Program and Monitoring manager, develop project monitoring tools and efficient systems to ensure quality implementation
• He/she is responsible to serve as overall communications/liaison with other project team at South Wollo project office and with key stakeholders including government representatives of project area
• Develop, implement and review the operating plan Fleet Management
Duty Station: Dessie
Project Area: Amhara Regional State, South Wollo Zone; Dessie Administration City; DeSsie Zuria and Kallu Woredas
Availability: as soon as possible
Type of employment: 1year contract with the possibility of extension.
Salary: Negotiable (transport allowance + pension fund and medical insurance + plus other organization benefits will be included).
Qualification and experience:
• Good understanding of NGO development and emergency projects
• Minimum of five-year experience and at least three years in NGO project management
• Bachelor or Master Degree in Agriculture, Agricultural Economics, Agricultural extension and other related fields
• Excellent communication, organization and prioritization skills and the ability to multi-task and support and/or fill multiple positions at one time
• Demonstrated attention to detail and ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work both independently and cooperatively with team members
• Good experience of working culture of the project site or other similar areas of Amhara regional state
• Computer literate especially in Microsoft office (Word, Excel, power point)
• Strong Management, organizational, interpersonal and communication skills;
• Highly organized, efficient, and able to meet key deadlines
• Excellent oral and written communication skills;
• Highly developed inter-personal skills/inter-cultural sensitivity;
• Competence in IT;
• Ability to work under pressure in harsh environment;
• Languages: English and Amharic fluently spoken and written.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Please submit written application with CV and cover letter in PDF format with a file not more 3 Mb to: firstname.lastname@example.org Addis Ababa office Tel. 011 6 62 21 83,
Note: Use"RESTART: Emergency Initiative to Support Migrants, Returnees and Vulnerable Communities in Addis Ababa and South Wollo" as the subject line of your email!
If selected for interview the candidate will bring copy of educational and professional certificates and other related documentation useful to prove the experience declared.
Only short list candidates will be selected
Closing date: 10th July, 2022
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.