Quality Improvement (QI)Advisor
Deadline of this Job:
30 June 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, June 14, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• FHI360 is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Quality Improvement (QI) Advisor for the anticipated USAID Improving Quality of Healthcare (IQH) Project in Ethiopia. The IQH Project’s purpose is to build capacity of urban and peri-urban PHCUs and referral health facilities in planning and delivering of client-centered quality reproductive, maternal, newborn, child, and adolescent health (RMNCAH) services.
• This activity will improve RMNCAH status of women, adolescent girls and children by increasing readiness of the health facilities and delivery of quality, patient-centered RMNCAH care by increasing competency and performance of healthcare providers and managers, strengthening systems for feedback and accountability and enhancing community participation thereby increasing client satisfaction and service utilization and ultimately prevent maternal and child mortality. It will also support restoration of health services in conflict affected areas by rehabilitation and equipping of damaged facilities. This will be a full-time position based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia for a duration of five years. Ethiopian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
• Availability of the position is contingent upon successful award of the project to FHI 360.
• The QI Advisor will be responsible for providing technical guidance, mentorship, and capacity building to national government actors to develop appropriate national Quality Improvement tools, strategies and guidelines that leverage existing service national models, including quality improvement collaborative and 5S. She/he will identify strategy for design, implementation and scale up of improvement efforts in alignment with Ethiopia Quality Improvement national strategy and Health Sector Transformation Plan in collaboration with national and provincial government.
• Provide technical expertise and assistance to project staff, project partners, government actors predominantly in the health sector but across other key sectors for development and evidence-based content within the new national quality improvement strategy and guidelines
• Responsible for working with project partners, government partners and private health providers to develop their ability to conduct quality improvement-related training and develop facility and community-level training guidelines and indicators in a timely and cost-effective manner in application for reproductive, maternal, child and adolescent health (RMNCAH).
• Lead, provide thought leadership in alignment with Health Transformation Plan and National Quality Improvement Strategy activities related to three objectives of the project:
• Structure and Systems for Healthcare Quality Improved;
• Generation and use of evidence to improve Quality of RMNCAH services increased;
• Community representation and engagement on QI at health facilities increased
• Collaborate with government and stakeholder partners on evaluation protocol and activities to generate and synthesize evidence around QI activities
• Serve as the primary point of contact for national-level technical working groups for content areas of quality improvement and it’s applications for reproductive, maternal, child and adolescent health.
• Contribute content on national-level QI activities and participate in development of work plans, quarterly and annual reports, financial reports, and any other reports required by USAID
• A medical doctor or nurse or master of public health with certificate in Quality Improvement. Experience in obstetrics and gynecology or pediatric training preferred.
• At least 12 years’ experience in public health, with background in quality improvement activities preferred. Demonstrated experience in managing large scale improvement efforts particularly in the area of reproductive, maternal, child and adolescent health.
• Experience working with government stakeholders and knowledge of Ethiopia health system, structure and coordination protocol.
• Experience in providing training and mentorship at the provincial and national levels; experience training on quality improvement models, specifically collaborative breakthrough series (BTS) model is strongly preferred. Experience in large scale efforts and QI institutionalization efforts is a plus.
• Demonstrated ability to create and maintain effective working relations with government personnel, stakeholders, and community-level stakeholders.
• Fluency in Amharic required.
• Strong interpersonal, coordination, and diplomacy skills required.
• Strong communication, writing, and oral presentation skills in English.
• Ability to work independently and manage a high-volume work flow.
• Relevant computer software skills, including at a minimum MS Office.
• Experience in Sub-Saharan Africa, preferably in Ethiopia highly preferred.
• Oral and written fluency in English.
• This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 132
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
• FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
• FHI 360 will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.
• FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
• And interested candidates are encouraged to apply through https://fhi.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/FHI_360_External_Career_Portal/job/Ethiopia-Any/Quality-Improvement-Advisor--Ethiopia-IQH-_Requisition-2022201152 .
• Please click here https://fhi.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/FHI_360_ External_Career_Portal to continue searching FHI 360's Career Portal.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.