Project Officer (Health)
Jobs at:Humanity & Inclusion
Deadline of this Job:
02 October 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, September 22, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Project Officer (Health)- 7 months
1. General Information
Humanity and Inclusion (former Handicap International) is an independent and impartial aid organization working in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. Working alongside persons with disabilities and other vulnerable groups, our action and testimony are focused on responding to their essential needs, improving their living conditions. HI is a non-governmental, non-religious, non-political and non-profit making organization.
The Project Officer, under the supervision of Emergency Project Manager – Nutrition, will be responsible for health and nutrition promotion for target communities, development accessible educational and IEC materials, beneficiary targeting, demonstration of recommended daily nutritional requirement, support cash transfer provision and community mobilization.
Throughout the life of the project, the Project Officer is expected to work with the following people and organizations:
Main internal Interfaces Main External Interfaces
A. Emergency Project Manager – Nutrition
B. MEAL Officer
C. Community volunteers
D. Field Logistics Officer
E. Field Administration/Base Manager A. Beneficiaries, Internally Displaced Peoples (IDPs), returnees, host community.
B. Kebele Officials, Community Leaders and local Government Partners (particularly, Zone and Woreda Women & Children Affairs, Disaster prevention and Preparedness).
C. Regional Cash Working Group.
D. Actors working on nutrition program
4. Roles and Responsibilities.
• Facilitate promotion of Nutrition information and recommended practices across target communities.
• Monitor and supervise the proper use transferred cash for the intended purpose by targeted beneficiary households.
• Conduct regular assessments for the identification of Cash Transfer project.
• Conduct home-to-home visit and ensure the transferred cash are used for the intended purpose.
• Will coordinate targeting of beneficiaries as per set targeting criteria and organize verification of beneficiaries jointly with stakeholders using general community meeting.
• Carry out community mobilization and assist the team in capacity building activities with community members, and maintain strong community relationships to sustain cash supported nutrition activities.
• Prepare accessible nutrition promotion IEC materials by person with visual impairments and other persons with disabilities.
• Support cash transfer planning, targeting distribution and monitoring of the activity and produce transferred cash utilization progress report.
• Promote and motivate inclusive participation of the community in all project activities.
• Ensure proper documentation of the project, including data collected, disaggregation beneficiary list (disability, age and gender, etc), nutrition good practices documented and share to the Emergency Project Manager – Nutrition and MEAL manager when required;
• Ensure respect of HI’s policies as well as their implementation at all levels in project locations;
• Incorporate participatory principles into community-level awareness raising sessions on COVID-19 virus transmission prevention, rights of person with disability, hygiene and sanitation promotion,
• Report immediately any concern, incident to the PM/OM related to child protection and safeguarding and PSEA;
• ü Education & Qualification
• BSc degree in Health, Nutrition, or related field.
• Proven experience in Cash Programming is a distinctive advantage.
• ü Professional Experience
• Minimum of 3 years related work experience in the area of emergency nutrition out of which at least 1 year in humanitarian response.
• Experience working with in cash supported nutrition support intervention. This includes technical support, capacity building and coordination.
• Experience in implementing Emergency hygiene and sanitation project.
• Basic computer literacy (Word and Excel).
• Disability, age and gender age sensitive.
• High degree of confidentiality.
• Good interpersonal and communication skills.
• Ability to work with teams and develop team spirit.
• Never been convicted, free from khat, smoking, alcohol and substance abuse addictions.
Knowledge of working area language (Oromiffiaa) is preferable.
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Interested applicants who meet the above criteria should fill in the attached application form Job application form updated (1).docx and submit it with a 1 page motivation letter as one document and email it at email@example.com or through ethiojobs on or before the above mentioned deadline.
Please clearly state the position you apply in the subject line of your email otherwise rejected automatically. Only short listed candidates will be contacted for exam/interview no phone calls please.
We’re committed to safeguarding and promoting child protection and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This position involves working with beneficiaries and is subject to strict safer recruitment checks. The successful candidate will be required to complete a police check and sign self-declaration form to help us verify your suitability to work with children including checks with past employers.
Humanity & Inclusion is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes women and persons with disabilities to apply.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.