Project Finance and Admin Officer
Jobs at:SOS Children's Villages Ethiopia
Deadline of this Job:
05 November 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, October 26, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Who we are
SOS Children’s Villages Ethiopia is an International Non-governmental organization and a member of SOS Children’s Villages International Federation. The organization started its humanitarian work with the opening of its first Village in Mekelle, Northern part of Ethiopia in 1974. The organization has been providing life-saving provisions such as food, water and health services for a very significant number of children devastated by severe drought and the subsequent famine.
As a Project Finance and Admin Officer, you will be in charge of the following:
• Handling of tasks related to administrative issues of the project office such as Fleet management, annual leave management, office security and cleanliness.
• Organizes properly record keeping of personnel data, property administration and Keeps systematically updated record of staff and documents of the project.
• Keeps proper record of fixed assets and property.
• Confirm copy of GRR, SIV & receipts are filed & custodian register is updated.
• Prepare monthly fixed asset reports (Purchase report, Transfer report, Hand-over report,
• Store readmit report, Issued from store report and custodianship update report.)
• Conduct the inventory counts of properties for the program annually & semi-annually
• Coordinate provision of general services such as transport, custody and maintenance of properties and project purchases.
• Work to ensure effective security systems in the project office by closely working with security guards.
• Ensures that the services such as electricity, water line, internet, and telephone lines are properly serving the project office and closely working with concerned stakeholders.
• Support and give guidance’s for administrative staffs under his/her supervision.
• Coordinate staff development initiatives by assessing needs, conducting pre- and post-training assessments, writing training reports etc.
• Receives original transaction documents, checks completeness and correctness and passes them to immediate supervisor.
• Takes part in inventory taking and control of assets and stock items
• Participates in the preparation of drafts financial statements.
• Assists the Location Finance Manager in the Implementation of the internal control system and financial procedures manual of the organization.
• Provide finance related capacity-building support/activity to CBO’s and CCSC’s.
• Performs other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
• Responsible to take part in awareness raising sessions and capacity building trainings in relation to Child Safeguarding to prevent and protect children and young people from all forms of abuse, abandonment, exploitation, violence and discrimination
• Support children and young people to make them understand the CS risks and protection mechanisms
• Responsible to report any CS suspicion, concern, allegation or incident immediately, following Child Safeguarding reporting procedures. CS reports should be made to the CS team at programme level and/or to the respective line manager
The must haves:
• BA Degree in Accounting
• 3 years’ relevant work experience in similar position
Competencies – knowledge, skills, abilities
• Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent inter-personal skills including sensitivity in cross cultural communications.
• Ability to collate and analyze financial and other data in a clear and coherent manner
• Ability to organize and manage one’s own work with ability to prioritize and work under pressure
• Ability to work with children or vulnerable people in an appropriate and safe manner in accordance with the SOS CVE Child Protection Policy
• Accounting software knowledge
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Apply in person
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.