Project Finance and Admin Officer
Jobs at:Farm Africa
Deadline of this Job:
04 July 2022
Date Posted: Friday, June 24, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Purpose of the role
• The overall purpose of the project Finance and admin. Officer are to
• Ensure the smooth running of the project office through strong management of cash, stores, vehicle arrangement, and communication and handle financial activities and logistics
• Responsible for the day-to-day general financial and administration of the organization, assisting the Project Coordinator, Project Finance Manager and supporting the staff team.
Key tasks and responsibilities
• Verify pre and post financial transactions at field office level (for completeness, accuracy, availability of budget, ensuring compliances), and submit to Senior Project Finance Officer or Project finance manager at CO
• Prepare cash books on time with quality, and submit to the Senior Project Finance Officer
• Prepare monthly bank reconciliation on time and with quality, and submit to the FM-CO.
• Liaising with banks for all finance matters
• Follow up on the timely settlement of staff advances by closely working with Senior Finance Officer-CO and report to the CO advances long overdue
• Support the PC at FO in preparing monthly cash forecast & transfer request ensuring accuracy & timeliness
• Review the detail of BMRs together with PC/Team Leader at FO, communicate any adjustments on a timely manner, ensure the availability of budget for any transaction ahead; and advice the PC at FO on timely utilization of budgets
• Ensure all relevant staff members of field office are informed of donor requirements; and work closely with program and other support functions to ensure compliance
Procurement & Other Support Services
• Responsible for facilitating & handling all procurements of field office
• Handle FO logistic service including movements of vehicles, project inputs and reports to the CO Logistic Manager
• Ensure the timely procurement and distribution of items at field office, keeping all relevant documentation complete and up to date & by closely working with the Technical Team at field office
• Liaison with CO-Procurement Manager & follow up all procurements of the project to be made at CO level or need to get approval from CO
• Support the PC/Team Leader at FO in preparing procurement plan regularly
• Implement a system to ensure efficient use and safety of the project vehicles and equipment, including timely and appropriate maintenance and monitoring of costs
• Follow up, organize all leave and other HR related records and submit to the CO HRM
• Assist in staff recruitment and disciplinary issues
• Ensure a conducive staff working environment
• Manage the operations of the project compound by Liaising with the Leaser of office building
• Perform all other duties as requested by LM
• These essential functions are not to be interpreted as a complete statement of all duties performed. Employees will be required to perform other job-related duties as required. All work responsibilities are subject to having performance goals and/or targets established.
Education, qualifications & other knowledge
• BA or above in Accounting or related fields
• Training on financial application systems such as SUN, Peachtree
• Knowledge of employment legislation in Ethiopia
• Good understanding and firm belief in gender equality and issues in rural communities
• At least four years relevant experience in Finance and Administration role with similar responsibilities in an NGO or private enterprise
• Previous INGO work experience in rural areas
• Experience of asset and inventory management
Skills & abilities
• Skills in budgeting and maintaining accounts
• Skills in financial application systems
• Strong computer skills and experience working with accounting software
• Computer literacy, excellent record keeping and report writing
• Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Good team building skills and the ability to work in a multi partner approach
• Strong analytical, organisational and IT skills
• Ability to work independently and with minimum supervision, prioritize tasks and to take initiative
• Strong sense of integrity and personal commitment to the goals and values of Farm Africa
Skills in working as part of a team
• Investing in smallholder farming is the number one way to combat poverty in rural Africa. Farm Africa is a leading NGO specialising in growing agriculture, protecting the environment and developing businesses in rural Africa.
• EXPERT: Expertise and insightful evidence-based solutions are at the heart of everything Farm Africa does.
• GROUNDED: Our teams and partners work closely with local communities, engaging them in every level of decision-making.
• IMPACTFUL: We deliver long lasting change for farmers, their families, and the environments they live in.
• BOLD: We model innovative approaches and are not afraid to challenge strategies that are failing.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
• Those who meet the above requirements should submit their short CV (maximum of 4 pages) and a cover letter (maximum 1 page) addressing firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject Project Finance and Admin Officer for bridging CSA Project of G4FI- Halaba/ Durame by 3 July 2022.
• Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
• Farm Africa is an equal opportunity employer and promotes gender equity. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. Farm Africa does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process. (E.g. Application, interview, meeting, processing, training or any other fees).
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.