Project Finance Officer
Jobs at:Mahibere Hiwot for Social Development (MSD)
Deadline of this Job:
26 November 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, November 16, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Under the supervision of the Project Coordinator and consultation with head office Finance and Admin Manager, the project Finance Officer is responsible for preparing payment vouchers, journal entries, processing financial transactions, entering data into the computer, making reconciliation, preparing reports in accordance with International Accounting Practices and Financial Policies and Procedures of MSD.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Verifies and ensures the required documentation and authorization is presented before effecting payments as per MSD and donor requirement;
• Processes payments which involve ensuring all payments are adequately supported by appropriate documentation;
• Writes checks based on the approved payment vouchers;
• Ensures that the necessary format and documentation is used before and after payment is effected;
• Support field office program staffs on financial and accounting maters
• Ensures all suppliers’ invoices and bills are paid on a timely basis;
• Ensures tax and other liabilities are paid out to the relevant authorities on time;
• Prepares journal entries for, transfers, correction and adjustments at the field office level;
• Collects Bank statements, debit and credit advices and reconciles bank statements with books of accounts monthly;
• Keeps Fixed Asset Register and records new incoming fixed assets at the field office level
• Participates in the periodic inventory taking process at the field office level;
• Prepares trial balance after the end of each month;
• Settle all financial documents to the head office every month
• File all financial documents and reports in neat, traceable and secure manner;
• Performs other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
• BA/Diploma (Level 3) in accounting or related field.
• 3/5 years of work experience in relevant field.
• Good communication and presentation skills;
• Well organized and ability to act in a professional and ethical manner;
• Competency in computer applications;
• Knowledge of accounting software mainly Peachtree Accounting software.
• Computer skills (MS word, Excel, Power Point) and Internet browsing skills;
• Good written and spoken English language;
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 72
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Applicants can send their CV and application letter which is not more than 3 pages through email@example.com with the subject line of position and location in which you are applying for.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.