Project Finance Coordinator
Jobs at:SOS Children's Villages Ethiopia
Deadline of this Job:
24 June 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, June 15, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
While working with us as a Project Finance Coordinator, you will be;
Reporting to: the Finance Manager
In charge of the following:
• Review and supporting documentation of financial transactions to ensure all required documents are accurate and complete.
• Prepare delegated financial reports, as needed, and assist National office finance team to prepare financial reports.
• Assist in providing the procedural and technical support to staff within the areas of finance and budget, to ensure compliance with SOS CVE financial policies, rules and regulations.
• assists with the transfer of funds to projects
• monitor real accounts and follow up (payables, receivables) and timely settlement of payment reports regularly to the project manager / Coordinator and Finance Manager or Finance Coordinator
• assists for financial agreement, local subsidiary and consultant contracts
• Assist in compiling information from various sources to prepare reports relating to budgets, accounting, finance and statistics.
• Retrieve, format and validate information obtained from various financial information systems and bring any discrepancy or inaccuracy to the attention of the supervisor and follow up corrective actions.
• Maintain the web-based recording for all invoices and payment transfers and record paperwork, to ensure that all documents are maintained and filed in compliance with SOS CVE standards and guidelines.
• Monitor monthly expenditure forecasts and provide expenditure reports to facilitate informed decision-making.
• prepares monthly ,quarterly/ annual analyses of expenditure compared to total project budget planning and monitors deviations
• Monitor and record all expenses in line with the approved budget to ensure that correct expenditure costs are charged and payments to external suppliers, cash grants and other supplier invoices are processed in a timely manner.
• carries out internal controls in accordance with SOS CVE’s internal controlling procedures accordance with donor standard procedures
• create and maintain proper and well-standardized project/program inventory list
General services for assisted projects/programmes
• Provide guidance and on-the-job training to other support staff, to ensure services are delivered consistently and to the required standards
• Ensures that information is exchange between project staff, partners and other institutions related to accounting and financial matter.
• Verify vendor claims, advances and other receivables and observe appropriate procurement procedures, to ensure that suppliers are paid in a timely manner and in conformance with SOS CVE and donor finance rules and regulations.
Cash and Bank Management
• Follow up on timely submission, perform review of project Cash, and Bank registers including reconciliations as per the deadline set.
• Review and consolidate cash forecasts from project offices for timely update of liquidity plan and ensure timely transfers to projects account.
• Ensure monthly Cash Count and bank reconciliation reports are collected from Location project offices on time.
• Maintain donor income schedule including receipts and projections.
• BA degree in finance and Accounting or related fields of study
• At least 5 years’ professional experience in a comparable position
Additional Requirements and required competencies
• In-depth knowledge of accounting softwares
• Good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office)
• Excellent critical thinking and analytical skills
• Good written and oral communication skills
• Good skill at using financial software applications
• Ample knowledge of accounting practice, policies and procedures
• Proficiency in use of Microsoft applications, including Excel and Word
• Budget preparation and controlling
• Detail orientation
• Report Writing
• Financial report preparation
• Ability to work well under pressure and deadline
• Prior INGO experience is an asset
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Excited to take on a new Challenge...….
Then send us your application through
Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply
"Our selection process is a reflection of our engagement and dedication to acquire talents that promote a safe and enabling environment for children and young people"
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.