Jobs at:SOS Children's Villages Ethiopia
Deadline of this Job:
05 November 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, October 26, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Who we are
SOS Children’s Villages Ethiopia is an International Non-governmental organization and a member of SOS Children’s Villages International Federation. We started our humanitarian work in Ethiopia with the opening of our first Village in Mekelle, Northern part of Ethiopia in 1974. Since then, we have expanded our programs to different regions where there are significant needs for intervention and where we believe we can work in partnership with all relevant actors to bring sustainable positive outcomes for children’s and young people.
Priority tasks & responsibilities
• Reviews payment requests for accuracy, completeness, compliance, level of authorization and clarity on the invoices.
• Reviews disbursement requests for accuracy, documentation and validity; effect payment to the right vendor from the right project.
• Reviews accounts on regular basis to ensure the balances are complete and accurate;
• Recording of all the project financial transactions into the SOS financial recording, meeting all submission dates, and reporting requirements as required by the immediate supervisor.
• Assures accuracy of supporting documentation for accounting records;
• Organizes and maintain accounting filling system;
• Follows-up on status with the Social Security (Pension) and Tax departments. Including depositing the checks and routine follow-up , registering new employees at Social Security (Pension) and Tax Departments;
• Prepares payroll and arranges timely payment of salaries.
• Follow-up and control payable and receivable accounts.
• Receives original transaction documents, checks completeness and correctness and passes them to immediate supervisor.
• Takes part in inventory taking and control of assets and stock items
• Assists the Location Finance Manager / Project Finance and Admin Officer in the Implementation of the internal control system and financial procedures and manual of the organization.
• Provide technical support to the project team and program location units in SOS Children’s Village Program Location in financial management related issues.
• Responsible to take part in awareness raising sessions and capacity building trainings in relation to Child Safeguarding to prevent and protect children and young people from all forms of abuse, abandonment, exploitation, violence and discrimination
• Support children and young people to make them understand the CS risks and protection mechanisms
• Responsible to report any CS suspicion, concern, allegation or incident immediately, following Child Safeguarding reporting procedures. CS reports should be made to the CS team at programme level and/or to the respective line manager
The must haves:
Education: College Diploma in Accounting
Training: Computer training
Experience:2 years relevant work experience
Competencies – knowledge, skills, abilities
• Report writing skill
• Strong set of personal values including integrity, honesty and desire to be of service
• Ease of using computers with mastery on application soft wares such as MS Work, MS Windows, and MS Excel.
• Proficiency in English language (both in writing and speaking)
• NGO experience is advantageous
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
Apply in person
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.