Jobs at:Plan International
Deadline of this Job:
10 July 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, June 29, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Accountabilities and MAIN WORK ACTIVITIES
• Plan has a performance management and accountability matrix SOP. Every position holder is expected to adhere to the SOP and review and review her/his responsibility against the accountability matrix.
• Provide overall strategic oversight in the delivery of the Country Strategy through contribution to the design and management of development and nexus programme that are gender transformative.
• Lead the overall development and evolution of the Country programme within the overarching Country Strategy and their subsequent operationalization.
• Model our value-based leadership framework underpinned by our feminist leadership principles.
• Ensure that monitoring, evaluation, research and learning plan supports the CS delivery.
• Oversee development, review and submission of annual plans and annual/quarterly reporting.
• Oversee the strategic engagement in Programme Areas and support the representational and operational remits of the Programme Area Managers.
• Build and oversee managerial accountability with particular attention to overall development and nexus programme design, planning, programme delivery, monitoring, evaluations and research at the programme areas.
• Fosters humanitarian, development nexus in collaboration with the Humanitarian Director
Working in Partnerships:
• Provide overall strategic oversight in the identification and engagement of partners in a mutually respectful manner, while ensuring Plan’s International partnership principles and compliance.
• Establish/strengthen networks and partnerships with likeminded organisations for overall enhancement of the programmes and profiling of the organisation.
• Lead in engaging key networks, movements and alliances relevant to the girls’ empowerment and gender equality.
• Provide strategic roadmap for the development and implementation of partnerships management standards and guidelines.
Quality Programme Design
• Ensure the quality of development programme is in line with plan international global quality standards, sustainable development goal and government sectoral plan.
• Coordinate with the relevant departments at all levels during programme design, implementation and monitoring.
• Establish a system to promote/document programme learning and development.
• Ensure relevant policies in particular gender equality, child & youth safeguarding is embedded within programme cycle.
• Enhance the capacity of partners and stockholders on programme management.
• Ensure the development and implementation of Programme Framework, including sector focused results framework at all levels.
• Seek and promote innovative ideas, approach to ensure programme quality.
Capability Building and People Management:
• Provide overall vision and direction to the development programmes team in coordination, planning, prioritization, coaching and supervision.
• Support staff to understand and comply with the organizational vision, mission, strategic direction and other organization policies.
• Ensure development programmes team are operating as high-performance teams and have clear accountability lines (direct and matrix)
• Create an enabling working environment across different department that unites to foster excellent teamwork and high performing staff.
• Oversee the delivery of effective capacity building support in key areas of programme management, including but not limited to financial management, people management, reporting, etc.
• Establish, communicate and monitor standards of performance and behaviours of the team through development of Individual Accountability Plans (IAP), and key performance indicators (KPI’s) that are agreed annually, and monitored and updated regularly.
• Engage in the performance management of functional subordinates by working closely with the functional subordinate’s line manager.
Programme and Financial Management
• Oversees the coordination in the budget, preparation, consolidation, analysis and timely submission
• Ensure the timely implementation of projects and team budgets.
• Ensure that all grants have opening/launch and closeout workshops/meetings.
• Ensure that all project expenditures are on time and according to the budget (within permissible variance limits) and to oversee and guide any budget reforecasting and reallocation exercises that are required.
• Ensure all projects are implemented as per their detailed implementation plans and use organisation’s MERL system to update progress on implementation.
• Coordinate and support programme quality and delivery on programme audit, safeguarding audit, and adequate application of management response across all impact areas.
• Within the scope of the role, there will be additional assignments given by the Country director as needed.
• Safeguarding Children and Young People (Safeguarding) and Gender Equality and Inclusion (GEI)
• Understands and puts into practice the responsibilities under Safeguarding and GEI policies and Plan International’s Code of Conduct (CoC), ensuring that concerns are reported and managed in accordance with the appropriate procedures.
• Ensures that Programme staff are properly inducted on and understands their role in upholding Plan International’s safeguarding and GEI policies;
• Ensures that Plan International’s global policies for Safeguarding Children and Young People and Gender Equality and Inclusion are fully embedded in project design, during implementation and as principles applied in day-to-day work of Programme team;
• Ensures that Plan Ethiopia contributes to Plan International’s global efforts to ensure safeguarding and GEI, including making sure that relevant reporting and data are submitted.
Technical expertise, skills and knowledge
Qualifications/ experience essential:
• A Master’s Degree in Social work, International Relations, Development or similar field.
• 10 years of relevant experience in INGO Sector or demonstrated equivalent combination.
• At least 7 years’ experience in managing development programme in the country with in the INGO sector.
• Proven experiences and ability to coordinate and collaborate with different civil society and Community based organization.
• Demonstrable working experience in development programme.
• Knowledge of developmental agendas in complex and protracted development and humanitarian landscape.
• Experience in context, funding and market analysis.
• Ability to communicate effectively and authoritatively on area of expertise, and influence others to reach common goals.
• Demonstrated track record of proposal writing and budget management
• Experience in leading team, coaching and mentoring, especially managing a large team.
• Excellent experience in conflict resolution.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
• Qualifications/ experience desirable:
• International experience in managing development programme
• Experiences in managing Humanitarian response
• Knowledge of key programme areas such as child protection, education, livelihood and economic empowerment.
• Knowledge of development and humanitarian issues affecting girls, adolescent girls and women is preferred.
• Ability to influence without power
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 120
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.