Programme Associate (Nutrition)
Jobs at:World Food Programme
Deadline of this Job:
03 November 2021
Date Posted: Friday, October 22, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
To provide effective specialized support and technical analyses to policy and programme activities that effectively meet food assistance needs.
• Provide technical support and assist in the development and implementation of various nutrition activities and processes in alignment with wider programme policies and guidelines.
• Provide nutrition project management support to various food assistance activities within refugee operations under the established targets following WFP's policies and procedures.
• Prepare a range of reports and data analysis (e.9. food assistance needs, resource utilization, programme status, performance) and highlight trends/issues ensuring deliverables adhere to corporate standards and quality control.
• Ensure and/or perform accurate, timely recording of data within the specific technical area of work (e.g. nutrition surveys, assistance programmes, food security and vulnerability assessments) and consistency of information presented to stakeholders.
• Liaise with internal counterparts to support effective collaboration, implementation and monitoring of ongoing project activities.
• Coordinate and communicate with local partners, agencies, NGOs and government institutions to perform accurate food security and nutrition analyses and to ensure efficient delivery of food assistance.
• Facilitate and support the capacity building of WFP staff, cooperating partners and regional government counterparts through trainings and support on the use of nutrition data collection and reporting tools, and measurements during surveys, assessments, etc.
• Act as a point of contact for resolution of a range of operational queries and problems related to nutrition.
• Oversee and/or review the work of other field monitoring staff, providing practical advice and guidance, to contribute to delivering objectives to agreed standards and deadlines.
• Follow standard emergency preparedness practices to ensure WFP is able to quickly respond and deploy needed resources to affected areas at the onset of the crisis.
• Participate in annual and ad-hoc nutrition-related and other joint surveys, assessments in the region.
• Perform other duties as required/delegated.
• Provide a brief on nutrition activities each week - dwelling on the issues and flagging anything with potential to affect implementation of the nutrition interventions - and submit to Head of Programme with copy to Programme unit and HoSO.
• Collect monthly reports from all partners using Nutrition tools for MAM-TSFP CPDR Monthly reports, Blanket- BSFP Monthly reports; verified, validate and clean the data and ensure data is matched in both CMAM and CPDR.
• Collect CPDRs and compile the summarized reports from partners and share with Sub Office MEAL focal poinUProgramme team; and follow up with partners for submission of missing or revised reports.
• Facilitate nutrition related information flow between the Sub Office and Partners at SO level.
• Provide effective and timely technical support to partners specifically on the management of nutrition foods - quality assurance, consumption, safety and handling through regular visits to the warehouses of partners and nutrition centers.
Standard Minimum Qualifications
• Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area.
• Experience: At least six or more years of progressively responsible work experience in the related business stream with experience in programmes activities.
• Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English. Knowledge of the local language is an added advantage.
• Assist Head of Programme as needed
• Assist VAM and MEAL sections as needed
• Assist with SO operations reporting as needed
• Has worked with technical teams (i.e. M&E, VAM, etc.).
• Has contributed to implementation of programmes.
• Has observed or assisted with policy discussions.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 72
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
WFP is an equal opportunity employer. Female candidates meeting the above qualifications are encouraged to apply on-line through WFP recruitment website.
This VA is open ONLY to Ethiopian Nationals.
Public access: http://www1.wfp.org/careers/job-openings
WFP staff access: http://newgo.wfp.org/services/e-recruitment
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.