Vacancy title: Program Manager I Partner Capacity Strengthening and Strategic Linkages[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Nonprofit, and NGO , Category: Management ]
Jobs at: Catholic Relief Services - CRS
Deadline of this Job:
03 June 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, June 02, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
As a senior staff on JEOP, you will facilitate achievement of project objectives through coordinating partner capacity building and fostering strategic linkages to advance CRS work serving the poor and vulnerable. Your communication, strategic leadership, coordination, relationship management skills and creativity will ensure that JEOP consistently adopts and applies best practices and partnership principles, and constantly works towards improving the impact of its benefits to those we serve. JEOP has a wide partnership base of non-governmental organizations (local and international), private sector, technical, data management, inclusion and learning research partners.
This role will cut across all three of JEOP’s core units: Program Quality, Operations, Compliance and Risk. The role will also act as the primary interface with CRS’ Resilience food Security Activity (RFSA). Critically, you will also serve as a focal point for ensuring regular communication and coordination across JEOP and the four RFSAs, including with the RFSA CoPs, relevant technical working groups, and across joint initiatives in support of the continuum of response. You will galvanize attention and action on local partner capacity building, localization, and subsidiarity.
You will work within JEOP to develop and implement tailored partner capacity building plans, explore, and develop new strategic linkages in liaison with the wider CRS partnership team and other flagship projects funded by USAID and other key donors. This will include designing and delivering workshops using CRS’ Holistic Organizational Capacity Assessment Instrument (HOCAI) and Sub-Recipient Management Policy (SRFMP), Safeguarding, Gender, Nutrition, Protection Mainstreaming, Environmental Impact Assessment in close collaboration with technical leads for these areas. You will support key initiatives such as the roll out of service provider safeguarding action plans.
You will act as a resource person for CRS and partner staff engaged in joint programs and/or other partnership activities, with the primary purpose of ensuring that partnerships are effective and mutually beneficial. You will ensure that relevant information is shared appropriately and effectively, you will be responsible for ensuring partnership and capacity strengthening tools, including Memorandums of Understanding, Partnership Reflections, Partnership Scorecard, etc. are developed and applied appropriately and in keeping with CRS standards and best practice. You will serve as primary liaison with regional and HQ-based partnership and capacity strengthening staff and ensures the adoption and sharing of CRS and peer agency best practices.
• Contribute to design, advocate for, and ensure implementation of agency-wide strategies, standards, tools, and best practices in Knowledge in PCS to effectively engage partners, donors, and governments. Ensure a cross-sectoral approach that integrates gender, protection mainstreaming, and disaster risk reduction.
• Provide technical solutions for strategic planning and how to best apply and adapt program design and implementation standards, best practices, partnership principles, tools, and MEAL in PCS.
• Initiate and lead implementation of partner capacity building activities (including support developing the partner capacity building plan) in line with CRS program quality principles and standards, donor requirements, and good practices.
• Coordinate and oversee working relationships with local project stakeholders and mobilize local actors and promote project activities and impact.
• Contribute to efforts to pre-position CRS for strategic growth opportunities in PCS. Provide technical guidance in annual resource pipeline planning exercises with partners, contributing to project refinement. Lead designing and implementation of evidence-based sustainability.
• with a focus on complex projects to ensure innovative programming solutions and technical excellence.
• Support JEOP partners to appropriately staff project teams, including support with strategic hires, onboarding, and talent management.
• Oversee and lead the delivery of capacity strengthening initiatives of PCS for staff and partners through helping develop learning and training strategies and agendas/curriculums; organizing and/or facilitating trainings, workshops, and conferences; and mentoring and coaching staff in innovative CRS approaches and tools. Provide mentoring and coaching to staff.
• Effectively manage talent and supervise staff. Manage team dynamics and staff well-being ensuring diverse voices on the team are heard. Provide coaching, strategically tailor individual development plans, contribute to the recruitment process of project staff, complete performance management for direct reports and support career pathways for underrepresented groups. Mentor staff to ensure high levels of motivation, commitment, capacity, and teamwork.
• Oversee MEAL aspects of the agency knowledge management and learning agenda in PCS through helping implement conditions for collective learning that ensure the capturing, documenting, and sharing of key successes, promising practices, lessons learned, and evidence-based implementation research, internally and externally, including publications in peer reviewed journals.
• Support learning from reviews and improve ad-hoc inspections of various processes and resources at project sites to ensure timely project activities implementation and adherence to established process standards and procedures.
• Represent CRS in targeted regional or global forums to develop opportunities and better ensure collaboration and shared learning in PCS to influence technical partner approaches, future funding opportunities, and policies. Network with relevant organizations to increase CRS’ profile in knowledge in PCS, influence in the regional or global PCS community, and donor diversification
• Work with technical sector leads (MEAL, Early Warning, Compliance and Risk, Nutrition, Protection, Gender) to incorporate partners capacity building in each activity, for follow up action plans and identification for support.
• Ensure JEOP project activities are favorable to vulnerable segments of the population such as women, people living with disabilities, children, and elders.
• Identify/adapt and promote sustainable evidence-based organizational capacity strengthening tools, methods, or approaches that the local partners can use or improve upon to address identified capacity gaps or areas in need of improvement for CSO/CBO and networks.
• Coordinate and monitor strategies and material resources relevant to achieve the assigned project outcome. Through planning and oversight ensure efficient use of project resources.
• Support the communications team to identify and develop solid success stories, write-up of lessons learned and human-interest pieces.
• Support carrying out protection risk analyses in the project areas, identifying mitigating measures, and providing oversight of the implementation of those measures.
• Ensure the Safeguarding Policy and Code of Conduct and Ethics is followed by staff and consultants in the field and provide adequate supervision to staff to ensure their work is carried out in a manner that does not cause any harm to children, vulnerable adults, or other staff, or increase risks of harm
• Provide additional training on expected staff behaviors that are program and context specific; consistently and regularly communicate to staff and communities CRS’ commitment to safeguarding.
• Ensure staff understand local (internal) reporting procedures and support them in safely and appropriately reporting/responding to concerns, if necessary.
Typical Background, Experience & Requirements:
Required Education and Experience
• MA/BA Degree in Management/International or Community Development/Human Resource Development/related field with 3 years' relevant experience for MA degree or 5 years' relevant experience for BA degree ideally in the field of Partnership & Capacity Strengthening and for an NGO.
• Demonstrated commitment to accountability to affected populations, and experience meaningfully engaging diverse populations, including pregnant and lactating mothers, persons with disabilities.
• Demonstrated commitment to and application of gender responsive programming and positive action measures towards gender equality, including the participation and leadership of women
• Experience developing curricula, tools, and other products to support PCS interventions and programming. Demonstrated experience to transfer knowledge to diverse audiences through training, mentoring, and other formal and informal methods.
• Experience with program monitoring and evaluation including development of indicators, data collection tools and methodologies, data analysis, and data presentation.
• Demonstrated ability to work both strategically and at an appropriate level of detail to lead a complex program and consortium, excellent analytical skills
• Excellent partnership skills and the ability to interact effectively with donors, collaborating agencies, and local partners demonstrated through close work experience with international NGOs
• Proficient in MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Web Conferencing Applications and strong understanding of information and budget management systems and knowledge-sharing networks.
Desired Education and Experience
• Understanding and application of technical principles and concepts in PCS. Good knowledge of related disciplines to ensure proper cross-sectoral approach.
• Experience and skills to represent the organization at meetings with donors, government, international NGOs, local partners – faith-based and civil society. Understanding of partnership principles
• Demonstrated capacity to understand current best practices and challenges while coordinating to implement program strategies through a participatory approach
• Knowledge and experience in USAID Title II program areas of emergency food distribution, program monitoring and evaluation, consortium management.
• Knowledge of USAID and USG grant regulations and procedures. Prior management of USAID funding; knowledge of Title II policies and procedures preferred.
• Inclusive approach, able to elevate the voices of underrepresented groups.
• Flexibility, persistence, and ability to work well with people and cross-cultural skills.
• Analysis and problem-solving skills with ability to make sound judgment.
• Strong relationship management skills and the ability to work closely with local partners.
• Proactive, results-oriented, and service-oriented.
• Attention to detail, accuracy, and timeliness in executing assigned responsibilities.
• Strong facilitation and creative problem-solving skills.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
You should fill the application form through this link: https://form.jotform.com/221531029328550
and attach your up-to-date CV (saved by your name) on or before the application deadline June 13, 2022.
You will be contacted only if selected for written exam/interview. Phone solicitations will not be accepted. These job opportunities are open to Ethiopian nationals only.
CRS requires its staff to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation, and human trafficking.
** Qualified women and people with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply**
This job opportunity is open to Ethiopian nationals only.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.