Program Associate, Surveillance for Malaria Elimination
Jobs at:Program for Appropriate Technologies in Health (PATH)
Deadline of this Job:
21 July 2022
Date Posted: Monday, July 11, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
PATH is a global nonprofit dedicated to achieving health equity. With more than 40 years of experience forging multisector partnerships, and with expertise in science, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales up innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing health challenges.
The Malaria and NTDs program is a leader in the effort to end malaria illnesses and deaths, refines and develops tools and approaches, invests in national programs, and builds data to empower national governments to pursue malaria elimination.
PATH seeks a Program Assistant for the multi-year USAID-funded “Surveillance for Malaria Elimination” (S4ME) activity in Ethiopia. The S4ME activity will support Ethiopia’s NMEP to achieve their goals and objectives of sub-national malaria elimination, particularly to attain near zero malaria deaths and eliminate malaria in selected low transmission areas.
The Program Assistant will provide overall program support to the program team. S/he will coordinate workshops, meetings travel and logistics. S/he will also be reviewing and finalizing project documents and reports and other administrative tasks as needed.
Specific Responsibilities include:
• Provide administrative support in the preparation of project work plans, budgets and proposals and project implementation arrangements.
• Follow up with the team on the regular update of the monthly and quarterly deliverable tracking tools.
• Assist in processing project agreements, subcontracts, and consultant agreements.
• Undertake all logistical, administrative, and financial arrangements for organizing of meetings, workshops, trainings, and different events.
• Make travel arrangements for the project team, including travel advance and settlements, air ticket booking, and vehicle booking.
• Create purchase requisitions (PR) for procurement of goods and services and follow-up with the delivery of goods and services.
• Support the registration of new contracts and vendors and ensure expenditures are aligned with budget lines.
• Provide administrative support in the synthesis of lessons learnt and best practices related to project management.
• Assist the team in holding regular project team meetings and take minutes of the meetings and follow-up with the team members on implementations agreed action points.
• Keep an updated physical and digital archive of all project documentation/ knowledge products.
• Draft correspondence to donors, partners, and collaborators including cover letters, thank-you letters, and general email correspondence.
• Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
• Degree Accounting, Management, Business Administration, or related field with at least 5 years of experience
• Excellent communication and computer skills
• Experience working with International NGOs
• Fluency in English and Amharic is required
• Ability and willingness to travel.
• Articulate communicator, excellent written and verbal communication skills with strong interpersonal and presentation skills.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other Microsoft packages,
• Strong organizational skills, ability to work independently
• Fluency in written and spoken English and Amharic.
• Must currently have legal authorization to work in Ethiopia • Degree Accounting, Management, Business Administration, or related field with at least 5 years of experience • Excellent communication and computer skills • Experience working with International NGOs • Fluency in English and Amharic is required • Ability and willingness to travel. ">
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Please use the following link: Program Associate S4ME – ETHIOPIA to apply. Or Search under the following website: http://www.path.org/jobs
*PATH has become aware of scams involving false job offers. *
• PATH will never ask for a fee during any stage of the recruitment process.
• All active jobs are advertised directly on our career's page.
• Official PATH emails will always arrive from email@example.com or @silkroad.com address.
Please report any suspicious communications to firstname.lastname@example.org
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.