Vacancy title:Procurement Officer[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Financial Services , Category: Accounting & Finance ]
Jobs at:Plan International Ethiopia
Deadline of this Job:12 July 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, July 07, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Under the supervision of the Supply Chain and Admin Coordinator, the Procurement Officer is responsible for the implementation of the Procurement Guidelines and Procedure. S/he fulfils this responsibility through the processing and follow-up of requisitions into purchases and tenders. The Procurement Officer pro-actively performs supplier management. S/he is responsible and accountable for:
• Creating a positive working environment in which continuous improvement, service-mindedness, transparency and open communications are key values.
• Procurement processing and follow up of goods and services requested for emergency response operation or other requests as assigned by the supervisor.
• Responsible for sourcing of products, timely collection of quotations as per the procurement threshold/guideline and approved purchase requisition for goods and services and performing purchase transactions.
• Ensure that purchased items and services meet the stated requirements and takes care of delivery to the office/warehouse
• Conduct market assessments upon the direction provided by the Logistics Coordinator, collection of information about suppliers and market conditions and reporting supplier details, product lists and price lists to the Supply Chain and Admin Coordinator
• Performance of transparent transactions, purchasing and delivery of goods and services within prior agreed lead times and ensures that all purchases are properly documented.
• Prepare a weekly and monthly overview of requisitions processed and outstanding, including lead times.
• Receives requests for goods and services (requisitions) and ensures their completeness/compliance before they are processed;
• Advises requestors about product description and specification, prices, lead times and availability, promoting standardization, value for money and economy of scale;
• Commits to lead time estimations and is held responsible until timely indicated otherwise on the basis of clear and justifiable grounds;
• Collects quotations as per the Procurement Guideline and Thresholds then forwards them to the supervisor; reports any difficulties (sourcing, stock outs, unavailability, etc.) immediately to the supervisor and consults the requestor when needed;
• As directed by the Supply Chain and Admin Coordinator, may prepare comparative analysis for purchases through quotes and tender bids, takes minutes and reports outcome for the Tendering Committee;
• Coordinates the collection/delivery of goods, including adequate record keeping (GRN, SIV, Waybill, delivery note, etc.)
• Arranges transportation from suppliers to the office/warehouse, as necessary;
• Receives/collects invoices, arranges cash/cheques and withholding tax receipts with the Finance Department and makes payments when required;
• Settles all payments and/or cash advances with legal VAT receipts on a daily basis.
• Maintains an up-to-date Suppliers List and submits the list regularly for revision and endorsement to the Supply Chian and Admin Coordinator, ERM and Tendering Committee
• Performs additional duties as per the request of the Supply Chian and Admin Coordinator, ERM
• Ensures that Plan International’s global policies for Child Protection (CPP) and Gender Equality and Inclusion (GEI) are fully embedded in accordance with the principles and requirements of the policy including relevant Implementation Standards and Guidelines as applicable to their area of responsibility. This includes, but is not limited to, ensuring staff and associates are aware of and understand their responsibilities under these policies and Plan International’s Code of Conduct (CoC), their relevance to their area of work, and that concerns are reported and managed in accordance with the appropriate procedures.
Knowledge, Skills, Behaviors, and Experience Required to Achieve Role’s Objectives:
• Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Management, Purchasing and Supplies Management, Supply Chain Management or related field
• A minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience preferably in a Corporate, UN or INGO environment involving in the procurement activities out of which 2 years hand-on experience in procurement for emergency projects
• Substantial knowledge and experience in logistics with specialization in procurement activities
Skills Specific to the Post
• Good communication and interpersonal skills - clear and effective; relates to people in a friendly and open manner
• Strong ability to analyze information, evaluate options; think and plan strategically
• Strong negotiating, facilitating and influencing skills
• Ability to effectively prioritize own and other workloads
• Proficient in computer skills and use of relevant software and other applications
• Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills; both in English and Amharic
• Work under pressure of tight and conflicting deadlines and handle multiple concurrent assignments
• Acts with high degree of integrity and professionalism
• Credible and accountable,
• Able to work with minimum supervision
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
The closing date for the application in July 12,2022. Qualified candidates should submit the application form found with this link
This position is only open to Ethiopian Nationals, who must be eligible to live and work in Ethiopia.
More information about Plan International can be found on http://plan-international.org
References will be taken and background and anti-terrorism checks will be carried out in conformity with Plans Child Protection Policy. Plan operates an equal opportunities policy and actively encourages diversity, welcoming applications from all persons meeting the skills and experience required.
As an international child centered community development organization, Plan International is fully committed to promoting the realization of children's rights including their right to protection from violence and abuse. That means we have particular responsibilities to children that we come into contact with.
Plan International believes that in a world where children face so many threats of harm, it is our duty to ensure that we as an organization, do everything we can to keep children safe. We must not contribute in any way to harming or placing children at risk.
Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.