Jobs at:Catholic Relief Services
Deadline of this Job:
28 May 2022
Date Posted: Friday, May 20, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
You will coordinate local procurement activities and processes to acquire goods and services in support of the delivery of high-quality programming to the poor and vulnerable. Your knowledge and experience will allow you to successfully coordinate the quality and efficiency of procurement and purchasing activities and ensure stewardship, integrity, transparency, and accountability
• Coordinate fully compliant procurement systems and operating procedures. Assess effectiveness and efficiency and recommend improvements. Contribute to ensuring compliance with CRS procurement principles, standards, and policies, donor regulations, and local statutory requirements.
• Coordinate with various departments to develop and maintain an up-to-date procurement plan with all quantities, quality and delivery requirements for goods and services. Provide pricing information to assist budget holders with budget preparation.
• Coordinate the sourcing process and perform various activities to assist with ensuring the best value for money: market research, cost estimates, solicitation documents, bidding process facilitation, supplier identification and research, quality and availability of goods assessment, negotiation, contract/purchase order and other documents preparation.
• Communicate with other procurement staff and various program and operations units to coordinate and track goods/services delivery and receipt and keep everyone informed of the status. Collect information to confirm that goods/services delivered are what have been ordered in the correct quantities and quality, they arrive on schedule and at the right cost.
• Maintain correspondence and constant contact with suppliers to follow up on the execution of contractual terms and conditions, and handle issues if needed. Monitor and report on supplier performance, noting current and/or potential issues and/or inefficiencies and assist with contract/purchase order modifications.
• Accountable for transparency within the procurement department through ensuring a complete, accurate and up-to-date document trail of all procurement processes, vendor files, procurement, and inventory database to assist with control and accountability. Prepare reports and facilitate document retrieval.
• Accountable specially for hotel and flight booking for CRS staff traveling to the field with the hotel that have agreement with CRS. Conduct hotel assessments at the field office and perform various activities to assist with ensuring the best value for money, bid process facilitation, supplier identification and research, quality and availability of good service assessment, negotiation, contract/purchase order and other documents preparation.\
Typical Background, Experience & Requirements:
Education and Experience
• Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or other relevant degree. Professional certification a plus.
• Minimum of 3 years work experience in procurement or purchasing management, logistics, administration, preferably with an international organization.
• Good knowledge of various donor procurement regulations (e.g. USAID, EU, UN)
• Knowledge of international and national procurement regulations and local market conditions.
• Knowledge of contract terms, as well as a proven ability to successfully complete purchase orders against specifications.
• Proficient in MS Office package (Excel, Word, PowerPoint). Experience with database management systems (e.g. MS Access) highly desirable.
• Good planning and coordination skills and ability to prioritize competing priorities effectively
• Good analytical skills with ability to make independent judgment and decisions
• Proactive, results-oriented, and service-oriented with focus on meeting customer needs
• Ethical conduct in accordance with recognized professional and organizational codes of ethics
• Good negotiation, communication, and relationship management skills
Required/Desired Foreign Language: Tigrinya, Amharic, English
Travel Required; none
Key Working Relationships:
Internal: Admin Manager, Admin Assistant, Logistics Officer, IT Officer
External: Vendors, partners
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
• Trusting Relationships
• Professional Growth
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
You should fill the application form through this link: https://form.jotform.com/221371603694556 and attach your up-to-date CV on / before the application deadline May 28, 2022.
You will be contacted only if selected for written exam/interview. Phone solicitations will not be accepted. These job opportunities are open to Ethiopian nationals only.
CRS requires its staff to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation, and human trafficking.
** Qualified women and people with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply**
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.