Vacancy title:Procurement Officer – To be stationed at Dire Dawa Field Office[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Consulting , Category: Management ]
Jobs at:Dexis Consulting Group
Deadline of this Job:16 July 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, July 07, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
br/>USAID's Office of Transition Initiatives (USAID/OTI) new support program aims to deliver fast and adaptable support that helps the Government of Ethiopia and civil society advance democratic reforms and enhance citizen engagement in the governance processes. Dexis Consulting Group (Dexis) will be USAID/OTI’s implementing partner in providing this assistance. This is a three-year contract to support activities that will strengthen democracy and national stability in Ethiopia.
Dexis will provide the personnel, systems, and technical capacity needed to ensure that the USAID/OTI Ethiopia Program is operational, grant-ready, and active in activity implementation. Dexis’ Field Team brings the OTI experience, relevant field experience, and operations savvy necessary for Dexis to quickly research, identify, and develop grants for activities with local organizations.
Dexis is seeking a Procurement Officer – Dire Dawa Field Office to support a project with USAID’s Office of Transition Initiatives (OTI) in Ethiopia. The Procurement Officers will support the Senior Regional Program Manager in preparing and obtaining requests for quotations, documenting vendor selection, maintaining physical and electronic archiving, coordinating material deliveries to project beneficiaries, coordinating logistics under activities, conducting excluded party verifications, and preparing documents as necessary.
This is a full-time position based in Dire Dawa and supports Oromia and other program.
• Provide administrative support for logistics and procurement activities as requested by the Procurement and Logistics Manager.
• Request and obtain quotations for all project-related procurements.
• Prepare and issue requests for quotations, receive the proposals, and prepare bid analysis documents.
• Draft purchase orders, subcontracts, and consulting agreements for the Procurement and Logistics Manager’s review and approval.
• Document the procurement process and maintain accurate physical and electronic documentation and requisite authorizations in accordance with Dexis and USAID rules and regulations.
• Conduct excluded party verifications for vendors, subcontractors, and consultants.
• Help maintain an updated list of vendors, consultants, and subcontractors.
• Verify the delivery of materials and equipment for program activities.
• Support the coordination of activities that require logistics (events, workshops, transportation, food, lodging).
• Ensure that procurement-related deliverables for program activities are achieved on schedule, in accordance with approved specifications and within the allocated budget. Monitor and track all project procurement activities.
• Maintain an inventory of project assets and equipment, and the provision of office supplies and consumables.
• Perform any other duties as assigned by the Senior Regional Program Manager.
This position will report to Senior Regional Program Manager or designee (Administratively) and report to Procurement and Logistics Manager functionally
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent university degree.
• At least 1-3 years of relevant experience.
• Experience with procurement and logistics for a USAID or other donor-funded program.
• Demonstrated understanding of USAID procurement regulations.
• Ability to ensure compliance with USAID and Dexis policies, procedures, and regulations.
• Ability to prioritize and manage a high-volume workload in a fast-paced work environment.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability and willingness to work in a diverse team environment.
• Display creative problem solving in addressing and resolving emerging project needs.
• Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and other basic computer applications.
• Experience living and working in Ethiopia.
• Fluency in written and spoken English.
• Fluency in Afaan Oromoo preferred.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 12
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.