Partnerships & consortia finance officer
Jobs at:Humanity & Inclusion (brand name of Handicap International)
Deadline of this Job:
30 June 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, June 09, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• The Partnership and Consortia Finance Officer is responsible for managing the financial aspects of operational partnerships and consortium. He or she is responsible for producing and ensuring the production of quality financial information for and from our partners and contributing to the application and dissemination of the budget framework, donor rules, tools, procedures and financial standards among partners.
Missions / Responsibilities
· Mission 1: Strategy and steering
• Implements and monitors the actions plans for HI’s financial strategy within his or her area of responsibility.
• Updates financial information and monitors financial indicators within his or her area of responsibility.
• Monitors and reports to his or her line manager and functional manager on the financial risks of which he or she is aware and contributes towards their mitigation.
• Helps to identify financial and legal risks for HI within his or her area of responsibility.
· Mission 2: Standards and expertise
• Deploys all of HI’s financial policies, processes and tools within his or her area of responsibility.
• Ensures that HI’s legal obligations are met and produces the required financial documents.
• Reports any changes in standards, case law or in the practices of other stakeholders in the financial field of which he/she is aware.
• Complies with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
• Implements and complies with procedure for archiving financial documents and publishes and updates financial documents in the dedicated workspaces.
• Contributes to internal control within his or her area of responsibility and applies identified corrective actions.
· Mission 3: Operational implementation
· Responsibility 1: Contributes to the quality of partners’ financial information
• The support to the Consortium Team Leader to ensure that grant resources are utilized for their intended purposes and to ensure that financial reports are prepared on an accurate basis.
• Supervise all grant management and reporting on grant performance, as well as provide financial and technical management to ensure best use of resources through sound budgeting, monitoring of the consortium expenses, and timely preparation of donor financial reports
• Produces an analysis of partners’ capacities in the financial field (e.g. budget monitoring tools) and, based on this analysis, builds a capacity-building plan for these partners.
• Checks the supporting documents provided by partners and the accuracy and conformity of their accounts before validating payment requests.
• Participates in the construction and adjustment of budgets with the budget holders. Provides budget holders with regular budget monitoring reports and assists them in the use of tools.
• Enters any cost-accounting changes & budget modifications related to partnerships into the Financial Information System (FIS).
• Helps partners to organize themselves to meet the deadlines in the financial calendar.
· Responsibility 2: Contributes to the financial management of institutional funding in compliance with “donor” guidelines and contractual obligations
• Assists with the drafting of funding proposals for institutional donors; compiles multi-programmed proposals when the programmer is lead.
• Optimises funding schedules (coverage of office and support costs) in the drafting or revision of institutional funding proposals.
• Ensures that donor obligations are realistic and compatible with HI procedures (payment dates and methods and financial reports, methods for justifying expenditure, exchange rates, audits, etc.)
• Informs budget holders of institutional donors’ financial rules and verifies their application.
• Verifies funding expenditure monitoring and provides budget holders with donor budget monitoring reports. He or she monitors consumption rates, issues alerts in the event of a risk of non-compliance with flexibility rules and anticipates slippage by preparing contractual amendments with his or her interlocutors.
• Produces financial reports for institutional donors in conformity with donor guidelines.
• Prepares payment requests for donors and informs his or her line-manager in the event of a (possible) delay in payments.
• Enters information concerning donor contracts into the FIS: donor budgets, cost-accounting and budget modifications, schedules, reports, etc.
• Prepares responses to questions from internal and external auditors.
• Archives the budgets and financial reports shared with institutional donors (with an internal and external version) in the dedicated storage spaces.
· Mission 4: Profession facilitation
• Contributes towards the facilitation of the profession’s development in his or her area of responsibility.
· Mission 5: Emergency preparedness and response
• Contributes to the program's emergency preparedness actions and, during an emergency, adapts his/her work modality to contribute to HI’s effective humanitarian response.
· Specific qualifications required
• Qualification: Master degree in Accounting, Finance or Financial Management, or professional qualification in accountancy (ACCA, CPA.
• Experience: 5+ years of experience managing finances for ECHO, EC or EU and Managing consortium grant will have added value
• In-depth knowledge of ECHO financial management rules and regulations and/or other comparable grant management.
• Experience managing Consortium grant programs or sub-granting mechanisms.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
Interested applicants who meet the above criteria should fill in the attached application form Job application form updated (1).docx and submit it with a 1 page motivation letter and email it at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Please clearly state the position you apply in the subject line of your email otherwise rejected automatically.
• Only short listed candidates will be contacted for exam/interview no phone calls please.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.