Vacancy title: National Finance Administration Officer[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Professional Services , Category: Finance, Insurance & Real Estate ]
Jobs at: Expertise France
Deadline of this Job:
04 July 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, June 22, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Administrative and Financial Officer Placed under the supervision of the Project Manager, He/ She will supervise the financial, contractual, accounting, and administrative aspects of the project. He / She will work daily with all the stakeholders involved in the project, whether at headquarters or in the field and will, among other things, be responsible for the good management of the local bank account. He / She will collaborate with the Support Department (in particular the Department of Financial Affairs and the Department of Legal Affairs), the on-site Project Manager as well as the Managers based in Paris, to harmonize practices and coordinate the administrative and financial management of the project. He/she will be responsible for the completing of the following tasks:
• Supervise the overall administrative, accounting, and financial management of the project for field expenses, in close collaboration and consultation with the headquarters of Expertise France in Paris (DAF);
• Ensure the management and control of the local bank account;
• Ensure the compliance of commitments, mandates, and payments at a local level;
• Ensure the development of the procedures manual and its strict application within the project;
• Supervise the implementation of dashboards and financial tools for the project (budget monitoring, cash flow monitoring, etc.);
• Conduct procedural controls and random compliance checks throughout the project;
• Prepare the monthly financial reporting for the headquarters;
• Participate in the preparation of donor/contractor reporting as well as the conduct of financial years of EF (forecasts, closings, audits) in collaboration with the Project Manager and HQ teams.
Administrative and logistical management
• Ensure the follow-up of local contracts as well as the administrative management of the personnel;
• Work closely with the HR department and the project management team at headquarters;
• Planning of purchases according to EF procedures (selection of suppliers, negotiation of contracts, etc.).
Project or context description
Expertise France is currently expanding its portfolio of programs in Ethiopia to promote conflict-affected communities’ access to basic services. Expertise France will engage in a 12-month program to strengthen conflict-affected communities’ access to health care through the rehabilitation and re-equipment of Dessie’s hospital. Please see the project’s summary below
Qualifications and skills:
• Master's Degree level or above in management, accounting, finance, business administration;
• Excellent knowledge of office software (Office, Outlook, other web software);
• Strong analytical skills;
• Capacity for listening and technical dialogue with institutional partners and representatives of civil society;
• Sense of organization, rigor, autonomy;
• Excellent knowledge of the national financial regulations
• Independence and impartiality;
• Fluency in English (writing and spoken)
• Knowledge of Amharic and/or French would be an added value;
• Experience of at least 5 years in overall project management;
• Experience of at least 3 years in financial management and reporting in the field of international cooperation and development;
• Previous experience in working on French or European funding would be a strong asset
• Experience in a difficult context would be an asset;
• Knowledge of Ethiopia, East Africa, or experience in similar contexts would be an asset.
• Excellent knowledge of office software (Office, Outlook, other web software); • Strong analytical skills; • Capacity for listening and technical dialogue with institutional partners and representatives of civil society; • Sense of organization, rigor, autonomy; • Excellent knowledge of the national financial regulations • Independence and impartiality; • Fluency in English (writing and spoken) ">
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
All applications must include the following:
• COVER LETTER
Applications should be sent to Expertise France by email; firstname.lastname@example.org
using the following subject: National Finance & Administration Officer - Dessie Rehabilitation
Deadline for application: Monday, July 4, 2022 @ 17:00
The process of selection of expressions of interest will occur in two phases:
• As a first step, a shortlist will be freely established by Expertise France.
• Selected candidates may then be invited for an interview.
Salary for the services will be negotiated with the designated candidate.
If you do not receive a response within two weeks of the application deadline, please consider that your application has not been shortlisted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.