Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Director
Deadline of this Job:
30 June 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, June 14, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• FHI360 is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Director for the anticipated USAID Improving Quality of Healthcare (IQH) Project in Ethiopia. The IQH Project’s purpose is to build capacity of urban and peri-urban PHCUs and referral health facilities in planning and delivering of client-centered quality reproductive, maternal, newborn, child, and adolescent health (RMNCAH) services.
• This activity will improve RMNCAH status of women, adolescent girls and children by increasing readiness of the health facilities and delivery of quality, patient-centered RMNCAH care by increasing competency and performance of healthcare providers and managers, strengthening systems for feedback and accountability and enhancing community participation thereby increasing client satisfaction and service utilization and ultimately prevent maternal and child mortality. It will also support restoration of health services in conflict affected areas by rehabilitation and equipping of damaged facilities. This will be a full-time position based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia for a duration of five years. Ethiopian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
• Availability of the position is contingent upon successful award of the project to FHI 360.
• The MEL Director will lead the design and implementation of a comprehensive project monitoring and evaluation plan, including development of appropriate indicators, implementing systems to safeguard the collection and management of project data, and recommending changes to annual work plans or data collection techniques as needed. The MEL Advisor will train project staff in matters related to M&E and will maintain regular contact with USAID Ethiopia regarding M&E reporting requirements and program learning strategies.
• Design the project M&E system and related tools, clearly identifying performance indicators, users, and the utility of the data and information
• Liaise with USAID Ethiopia and adapt M&E tools as necessary to meet program and donor needs over the life of activity
• Oversee design of rapid study and survey methods, data collection processes, and data quality assessments
• Train program staff, supervise M&E activities, and safeguard data capture and management processes
• Oversee the application of Collaborating, Learning, and Adapting (CLA) principles to inform program implementation and management
• Engage staff, project sub-awardees, government, partners, USAID, and other key stakeholders in identifying project learning opportunities
• Analyze project data and performance and advise program management on performance challenges
• Contribute to written performance reports for the donor and other interested parties
• Work with grantees and partners to ensure accurate information flow, including guidance and support on grantee data collection, measurement, and reporting
• Oversee knowledge management effort, including development of briefs, success stories, manuscripts
• Master's degree or its international equivalent in social science, international development, monitoring and evaluation, or a related field preferred; or a bachelor’s degree and two additional years of work experience
• Minimum of 12+ years of related work experience, with experience managing and implementing monitoring and evaluation and learning systems for donor-funded programs, preferably within multi-sector programs in Ethiopia or similar country contexts
• Demonstrated abilities in qualitative and quantitative M&E methodologies, knowledge management and organizational learning, survey and research tool design, data collection and statistical analysis, qualitative research, and dissemination of results
• Experience coordinating with governments and local NGOs, as well as with local communities, in the design and implementation of surveys and other data collection techniques
• Proven interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to lead multidisciplinary teams
• Ability to effectively use statistical analysis software such as STATA and SPSS
• Experience on the use of M&E systems to support a learning agenda and evolve a theory of change to maximize impact
• Experience in Sub-Saharan Africa, preferably in Ethiopia highly preferred
• Fluency in Amharic preferred
• Oral and written fluency in English
• This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 132
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
• FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
• FHI 360 will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.
• FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
• And interested candidates are encouraged to https://fhi.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/FHI_360_External_Career_Portal/job/Ethiopia-Any/Monitoring--Evaluation-and-Learning-Director--Ethiopia-IHQ-_Requisition-2022201151 .
• Please click here https://fhi.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/FHI_360_
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.