Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning Advisor - COVID-19 (M-RITE Project/Ethiopia)
Jobs at:JSI Research and Training Institute, Inc (JSI)
Deadline of this Job:
15 August 2022
Date Posted: Friday, August 12, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The MOMENTUM Routine Immunization Transformation and Equity (M-RITE) project is part of a suite of innovative awards funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) to holistically improve family planning and maternal and child health in partner countries around the world. The project applies best practices and explores innovations to increase equitable immunization coverage in USAID-supported countries around the globe. It works to build countries’ capacity to identify and overcome barriers to reaching zero-dose and under immunized children and older populations with life-saving vaccines and other integrated health services. M-RITE works at multiple levels and in alignment with global strategies such as the Immunization Agenda 2030 and Gavi 5.0.
The project also contributes to ongoing global efforts to mitigate the impact of COVID-19 on immunization services and support countries to strengthen vaccination against COVID-19. In Ethiopia, M-RITE is providing COVID-19 national level technical assistance and providing targeted support on improving demand for COVID-19 vaccination in Addis Ababa. The project’s overall objective is to improve coverage of COVID-19 vaccination through national level technical assistance on data analysis and use and targeted support to improve demand in Addis Ababa.
The Monitoring & Evaluation and Learning Advisor will work with M-RITE core and field-support teams to bring together monitoring and evaluation, knowledge management, and translation of learning. S/he will be a detailed oriented, self-starter who will create strong working relationships with in-country and central level colleagues. S/he will have knowledge of COVID-19 vaccination, experience with developing and managing M&E plans and data collection, cleaning, compiling, and visualizing quantitative and qualitative data and the strategic use of data for program improvement and adaptation. This person will be responsible for providing guidance and support on M&E. He/she will lead assessment, develop reporting templates, ensure the project collects needed data using indicators and provide timely feedback on the progress of the project.
● Work closely with the Country Director to execute the Activity MEL Plan for all technical components of the COVID-19 vaccination;
● Assist in developing key MEL tools, including data collection forms, databases, manuals, data feedback presentations, and other tools as appropriate;
● Assist in monitoring of timely and consistent data collection and reporting from all project activities, facilities, partners and grantees;
● Support and coordinate data quality assessment and monitor COVID-19 vaccination coverage
● Support project partners to develop, capture, consolidate and report on key indicators and ensure high quality and timely reporting of monitoring data;
● Establish a functional monitoring system.
● Improve the use of data and analysis to inform planning, budgeting, and priority activities.
● Supervise data entry and maintain project data systems to ensure correct and timely reporting and tracking of project achievement toward targets in accordance with MCHN Activity and USAID requirements;
● Provide technical support, training and supervision to partners, including MOH, local district government health offices, and other collaborators in M&E and related areas;
● Prepare suitable external and internal reports and communication materials for management and project staff to facilitate monitoring and activity planning;
● Analyze weekly, monthly and quarterly data
● Support training of M&E personnel in quality assurance methods;
● Support internal and external DQA exercises;
● Conduct supportive supervisory visits to ensure compliance, observe, monitor and provide guidance on data for management decision-making;
● Assist in project research activities, including contributing to research proposal writing, applying for IRB approval, training of research assistants, data collection and entry, and quality control;
● Support development of the project learning plan;
● Support report composition for all project deliverables and ad hoc requests.
● Master’s degree or higher in public health, informatics or statistics preferred;
● Minimum of 5-7 years’ experience in M&E for international donor funded projects, preferably including experience with USAID-funded projects;
● Knowledge and experience with MCHN programming and activities required;
● M&E experience related with demand creation, health promotion, behavioral change communication or addressing hesitancy in health related areas, preferably on immunization- needed
● Strong experience with data management in Ethiopia, including data entry and cleaning, data analysis and report writing;
● Demonstrated ability to meet strict deadlines;
● Knowledge of evaluation research methods (qualitative and quantitative), including data processing;
● Computer proficiency including use of MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint; experience with advanced statistical packages (e.g., Stata), or data collection and reporting platforms (e.g., DHIS2) a plus;
● Excellent interpersonal, supervisory, and mentoring skills;
● Excellent communication skills, both written and oral;
● Must have demonstrated organizational skills;
● Written and spoken English required;
● Ability to undertake local travel;
Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis. Only short-listed candidates will be notified. JSI offers competitive salary and benefits.
JSI is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer committed to workplace diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, gender, disability, marital status, gender identity, sexual orientation, sexual preference, genetic information, political affiliation, or protected veteran status in any employment decisions. Women are encouraged to apply.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 84
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
Qualified individuals interested in this position can send their documents to the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org
● Applications should be sent via email with the subject line: "Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning Advisor - COVID-19 [Name of Applicant]" ·
● All application documents should be combined into one PDF file, the cover letter being the first page followed by the CV (resume) and other qualification and work experience documents if any.
● Please provide us three names with their contact addresses as references.
● Send only one attachment with the file name format: “your full names_ Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning Advisor - COVID-19.pdf”
● N.B Applications not conforming to the above directions will NOT be considered
● No phone calls please and only short listed applicants will be contacted.
● This vacancy is only open to Ethiopian Nationals, who must be eligible to live and work in Ethiopia.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.