MEAL Specialist - Cash and Voucher Assistance
Jobs at:World Vision Ethiopia
Deadline of this Job:
14 July 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, July 06, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
MEAL Specialist - Cash and Voucher Assistance
The Cash & Voucher Assistance MEAL Specialist will provide oversight on monitoring, evaluation, accountability, and Learning for Emergency Cash & Voucher Assistance under HEA response and will lead the design and roll-out the MEAL framework and tools for cash and voucher assistance in line with reporting requirements. S/he will work under the supervision of the Cash and Digital Business Unit Head and in close collaboration with the HEA MEAL, WVE MEAL department, and the GC CVP MEAL advisor to provide technical guidance on MEAL and provide progress updates. S/he will help in provision of technical input to the interagency CASH working group in coordination and collaboration with Cash and Digital Business Unit Head to ensure technical input is provided into interagency tool development and coordination efforts.
• Assess, design, Plan
• Analyze assessment data, based on the analysis plan with reference to humanitarian standards and produce reports, statistics and charts and ensure the results feed meaningfully into program design and implementation plans;
• Support the CDBU in developing the MEAL framework for cash and voucher-based projects
• Support develop rapid need assessment, feasibility assessment, risk assessment and end-line assessment, onsite monitoring (observation and exit interviews), and post distribution monitoring tools for each of the interventions, including data collection instruments (e.g. survey questionnaires, focus group discussions, key informant interviews), analysis plans and data entry spreadsheet. Coordinate harmonization of other processes such as beneficiary complaints mechanisms and related analysis. Tools shall track how beneficiaries engage with WV & partners and assistance provided, the effect of cash assistance on beneficiaries, value for money and other effects;
• Ensure HAP is integrated in all aspects of the project design, monitoring & evaluation system
• Monitoring & Evaluation
• Ensure appropriate tools and methods are in place and used to monitor and report on Cash and Voucher based interventions revise it periodically as required and based on lessons learned.
• Provide direct technical support and oversight to routine and periodic monitoring, reviews and end line evaluations of the cash and voucher Assistance programs, and assist in developing and drafting learning documents and frameworks on cash assistance in the context of Ethiopia. Oversee the work of any related consultants for assessment, analysis or evaluation related to cash and voucher assistance
• Coordinate with the WVE MEAL and IT team on the roll out and implementation of the digital data collection and information management solutions such as Kobo, ODK, ComCare, iForm and others are set up to effectively monitor and analyze program data to produce solutions on presenting ongoing program data for use by all key stakeholders.
• Participate in Ethiopian CWG regular meetings, Ethiopian CCD networks as appropriate, ensuring coordination and communication on tools, processes and troubleshooting.
• Present MEAL updates and overviews related to cash and voucher-based interventions as requested by WV Ethiopian HEA response management team.
• Provide guidance and technical support as needed to partners on cash & voucher assistance MEAL approaches and data collection at the field level, by making sure that data collection teams are organized and resourced as needed, and that they deliver as per action plans and according to high quality standards;
• Capacity development and learning
• Provide technical support to staff on cash and voucher based MEAL processes and methods
• Facilitate learning and reflection events on cash and voucher based programmes
KNOWLEDGE/QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE ROLE
Required Professional Experience
• Previous experience in cash and voucher assistance, food programming/assistance in a fragile context will be added advantage. Proficiency in the use of statistical methods for socio-economic research. At least 5 years of relevant working experience in the area of MEAL. Demonstrated experience in developing assessment tools (e.g. questionnaires, focus group discussions). Demonstrated experience and knowledge in data analysis, developing and managing databases. Demonstrated experience and capacity in conducting field-level data collection and data entry using electronic tools such as Kobo, LMMS, ODK, and others. Previous experience in reporting writing. Strong ability to work independently, organize work, meet deadlines, maintain composure, prioritize work under pressure, coordinate multiple tasks and maintain attention to detail. Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills, creativity and flexibility, ability to coordinate and build consensus. Personal qualities: works well in and promotes teamwork, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment, flexible and able to handle pressure well.
Required Education, training, license, registration, and certification
Bachelor degree in the fields of: Social Science, Science in Economics, Statistics or related field. A postgraduate training in Monitoring & Evaluation, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, Agriculture or related field will be an added advantage. Certification or specific training in Statistics, Information Management and/or Data Management. Knowledge of humanitarian standards: the SPHERE standards, Code of Conduct for Red Cross/ Red Crescent, Humanitarian Accountability Partnerships (HAP); other international humanitarian standards and other capacity building skills. Previous experience on Cash and Voucher Assistance as a MEAL expert
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications
• Ability to provide support, training and coaching to staff, FSP and
• Excellent English communication skills (oral and written) with ability to express ideas and concepts clearly and persuasively with senior internal and external stakeholders. Knowledge on the managing and set up digital platforms such as LMMS, Kobo Toolkit, and deploy to the field where cash, food, NFIs interventions are implementing and experience in fragile contexts for monitoring and reporting purpose. Knowledge on international humanitarian standards such as Red Cross Crescent code of conduct, Sphere Standard, HAP standard, National Targeting Guideline on food assistance and experience and knowledge of managing USAID, and other donors funded projects is required.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
interested applicants should follow the below application link
World vision has zero tolerance towards abuse and exploitation of children and vulnerable adults. Every prospective employee, volunteer, and intern is obliged to comply by world vision’s child and adult safeguarding policy."
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.